What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters dump Newtown Jets

Patorick

Staff member
So, what chance Newtown hook up with another NRL team?

Say, Cronulla or Manly?

As a Jets fan I was disappointment in the loss of the agreement with Easts as it was a good fit between the two clubs. However the deal with Wyong does also make sense from the Chooks perspective.
I'd love us to go it alone in the NSW Cup but that wouldn't be possible seeing we haven't got a bit club behind us and I wouldn't want to see us dropping back down to RMC either as that would have a huge impact on crowds and revenue. So logically it'll be finding another NRL side to align ourselves with for next year. Don't really have a preference for which club, as long as we don't have to have the NRL club's badge on our jersey or any other reference to the senior club and we don't have to move games away from Henson.

greg

Juniors
As a Jets fan I was disappointment in the loss of the agreement with Easts as it was a good fit between the two clubs. However the deal with Wyong does also make sense from the Chooks perspective.
I'd love us to go it alone in the NSW Cup but that wouldn't be possible seeing we haven't got a bit club behind us and I wouldn't want to see us dropping back down to RMC either as that would have a huge impact on crowds and revenue. So logically it'll be finding another NRL side to align ourselves with for next year. Don't really have a preference for which club, as long as we don't have to have the NRL club's badge on our jersey or any other reference to the senior club and we don't have to move games away from Henson.

Couldn't agree more. It saddens me seeing Norths wearing a rabbit on the jersey. Surely clubs like this have earned the right to keep their identity. Those f*ckwits in NSWRL head office should be making an effort to preserve a bit of RL history but something tells me they don't give a rats arse.

Couldn't agree more. It saddens me seeing Norths wearing a rabbit on the jersey. Surely clubs like this have earned the right to keep their identity. Those f*ckwits in NSWRL head office should be making an effort to preserve a bit of RL history but something tells me they don't give a rats arse.

I think the worst offenders are Wenty who last year wore the Parra jersey as they're away jersey, just with slightly different sponsors and badges. This year they've got a touch of yellow and blue in their white away jersey.

Don't think it's the NSWRL's fault, just the feeder clubs acceptance to have the senior sides badges on their jerseys.

Mounties is another offender with the Raiders badge on the upper back of their jersey.

Mr Chook

Juniors
I think the worst offenders are Wenty who last year wore the Parra jersey as they're away jersey, just with slightly different sponsors and badges. This year they've got a touch of yellow and blue in their white away jersey.

Don't think it's the NSWRL's fault, just the feeder clubs acceptance to have the senior sides badges on their jerseys.

Mounties is another offender with the Raiders badge on the upper back of their jersey.

If there is a small logo on the back or the sleeve I don't have a problem, just not on the chest though.