What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters Game Discussion

Saint69

Juniors
Half Time, not looking great, what has happened to our attack in the space of a week? That try a half time could kill us.

I cant watch the game live as I am at work,though I have looked at the halftime stats on the NRL site and 18 missed tackles in 1 half will kill any teams chances.

We are really missing Reins injection from dummy half, I don't know why he is off. King is just passing the ball. FMD Prior has just scored a try wonders never cease, we maybe a chance now although Chase has missed a relatively easy conversion attempt.

Our passing game was woefull tonight. Two tries dissollowed from forward passes. Even Mr reliable Jason Nightingale passing is dreadfull.

I am now prepared to acknowledge our season is over. The best result now would be to finish equal 8th but our points differential is now -66 giving us no chance. I hope I'm wrong but I think we all have to face reality folks.

Last edited:

FlameThrower

Bench
Hoepless..................i'm so angry to watch this rubbish.............just did not turn up, no attack, Fein was hopeless and 2 or 3 bombed tries - Green mistakes galore....

Hoekstra

Juniors
Yeah quite a few errors execution wise. Watching the game in the first half I kept thinking where the f**k are the points going to come from.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
What do these nuffies do during training? Useless merkins.
And that green is about as useful as tits on a bull

Callahan

Juniors
Watching them play looks like there's know structure or game plan or intent like my sons under tens it's sad

Last week against the Storm I thought our bench was very effective. Tonight they were nothing, no enthusiuasm, flair or grunt. In Matthews defence he didn't get a run until late in the game.

The positives and as we all witnessed there wern't many, but for mine Merrin, Vidot and believe it or not I thought Prior had his best game for a long time.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Watching them play looks like there's know structure or game plan or intent like my sons under tens it's sad

They just weren't into that tonight - deflated after being on such a high with last week's win. Even Nightingale seemed off his game & his passing showed why he's only a temporary fullback. Why is Josh Miller playing NRL ? What reason can Steve Price give for playing him in front of players like Jake Marketo & Jack Stockwell. Also, why was Will Matthews only given such a small amount of time ? Tonight was always going to be up tempo & the team needed more athletic players.

The Roosters were much better & thought this might happen with Eels & Roosters closing in. They probably used the story in the Telecrap about the wooden spoon as wallpaper for their dressing room.

Last edited:

gUt

Coach
Why the f**k didn't they go upstairs for the game-breaking try? Watching live it looked pretty clear he grounded it, replays confirmed he grounded it at least twice. Shocking reffing with the game in the balance.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Why the f**k didn't they go upstairs for the game-breaking try? Watching live it looked pretty clear he grounded it, replays confirmed he grounded it at least twice. Shocking reffing with the game in the balance.
Because Cecchin is perhaps the worst ref in the comp.

Couldn't believe it myself. From the moment the break was made, I was expecting the ref to call it back. As you say, it decided the match.

No excuses btw, for starters the player should have been tackled.

64 Dragon

Coach
Our defence was awful. Our attack was worse. Why does Price play Josh Miller? No offence to the guy, but he offers absolutely nothing. He had his customary season concussion tonight. He might just as well have stayed home. And the ball playing Will Mathews gets about ten minutes.

Soward must be giggling behind his hand at that display. There were gaps all across the Rooters line which Jamie would have exploited. Waddya say now Pricey? Not much I bet.

Very disappointing display.

TheRev

Coach
- We created plenty of opportunities in the 2nd half, its been like this all year, the opposition get a half break and score, we get a half-break and muff it.

- Wish we could capitilise on all the half breaks Stanley is making, he seems to be making some dud calls, but atleast hes making breaks.. I think he just needs more time in 1st grade.

- I thought Fien was ok, Hornby was barely ok, there is no 1 individual player at fault though, its just that we need 1-2 players to do more than ok, we need them to actually stand up and score some points and win us games (apart from Morris).

inside_pass

Bench
You look at most teams and they generally have a strike player or two who can create freak chances to score when needed.
Hayne,Dugan,Bowen,Barba,Slater,Marshall etc............while we have no one. Morris is probably the closest we have.
I think if Soward ran to the line more he would be one of those players.With the speed he has he would kill it.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Because Cecchin is perhaps the worst ref in the comp.

Couldn't believe it myself. From the moment the break was made, I was expecting the ref to call it back. As you say, it decided the match.

No excuses btw, for starters the player should have been tackled.

Apparently the decision was correct as it was deemed accidental grounding & that is currently how the rule stands. I mentioned it in the game day spoiler, but the rule needs to be changed to eliminate any grey areas. If the ball is grounded by the defending team, it should be a goal line drop out regardless of the circumstances. To me it's like if a player slips & goes into touch it doesn't matter - it keeps rules consistent & easier for officials to interpret. Imagine if a player from the defending team slips & falls over when players from the opposition are approaching or have dived to tackle him & miss. How close do they have to be before it's not accidental ? Then it becomes a judgement call that will lead to arguments.

Last edited:

Latest posts