What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters Knights Discussion

League_God

Juniors
didnt watch the game had to listen to it on he radio

3, 2, 1?
sounds to me gidley wont get the nsw halfback spot due to a sh*t kicking game.
haha couldnt help but laugh when wicksy scored from 60 metres out..
sounded like a scrappy win
faaso injured?
f**k happy to get the two points but aye..

Coopah_Knights

Juniors
bedsy is on report....
thats devasting.
nature was callin when the incident happened?
thoughts on it? how many weeks approx..
all in all great win against a form side. im stoked

Johns Magic

Referee
If he gets suspended it's a joke.

Perrett was falling to the ground and copped an elbow to the side of the head.

Nothing in it.

Thought Pearce just about pulling on the NSW jersey in the first half..he was sharp and had them going forward and all different lines..but the second half he wasnt sighted.And i dont think Gidley cemented the job either..dilema.
We have to really get out starts in order..you cant expect to come crawling back into the second halves of games.Havinf said that, it must give the team a boost knowing that they CAN come back in the second halves of games.We are going to be awesome when it all clicks together in a game.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Was good that we didn't play that great until the final 20 which has been our best passage of footy in EVERY game so far this year. A few things though:

* Houston really needs to get his backside kicked. He gives away stupid penalties at times and today he put a kick through on the 3rd tackle. WTF?

* The same applies for Paterson too, although he isn't as constantly guilty as Houston. He also should be told never to kick in general play.

* Buderus report - he did hit Perrett in the side of the head with an elbow, no doubt about it, but it wasn't cocked or anything and he was just going in for a shoulder charge and Perrett slipped. Shouldn't have too much to worry about.

* Kidley at 7 - should never be done again. He had a solid game, but was let down by his long kicking game. Had a few nice touches, but is more dangerous playing fullback when he can chime in when he feels the need.

Spike

First Grade
Walsh needs to be playing at halfback whilst Mullen/Dureau is injured. Today's kicking options were shocking.

Coopah_Knights

Juniors
walsh doesnt have all that good long kicking game though but is good close to the line.
but yeah he should be strongly considered.
wes did well at FB and i gave his hands a spray last week which i take back.

KempoKnight

Juniors
* Kidley at 7 - should never be done again. He had a solid game, but was let down by his long kicking game. Had a few nice touches, but is more dangerous playing fullback when he can chime in when he feels the need.

I agree, while he did have a good game i don't think it's anywhere near nsw halfback quality. He did have some nice touches like you said but i agree that he should be kept in his roaming fullback role although wes deserves congratulations he played awsome today at fullback.

chinorocks

Juniors
Although I agree Kids should be fullback, I couldn't fault Wes's game at fullback. I thought he was outstanding.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Naiqama was impressive at fullback.

If Houston doesn't get abuse thrown at him by Smith ill be surprised he was abysmal, I know his got potential but after what I saw today I dont want him anywhere near our 17.

Kids at halfback is crap as I knew it would be, a few trademark kicks that went dead and the others were pretty much down Perrets throat, he did have a few good short kicks that led to drop-outs that were alright.

Our forwards won as that game Cross Royal Tolar Wicks and Fa'aoso were all impressive.

BG

Juniors

Well, it was the "c" plan today with Dureau and Mullo both out. Would Walsh have been better? Maybe. Maybe not. We did win against one of the top-rated teams on a neutral ground. And before we totally bury the idea of ever seeing Gids in the halves again, if we should have a situation with Mullo out but Dureau available I wouldn't mind seeing him have another go at 5/8. Dureau is such a great organiser/kicker that I think Gids or Bailey outside makes a reasonably balanced combination.

Alex28

Coach
We all know that Kidley isn't a half, and I would suggest that Smith knows that as well, however there really are limited options at the moment. While ever Mullen or Dureau are fit Bailey can slot in to 6 and Mullen or Dureau can slot in to 7. But what do we do when both are injured?

You have to have the best players in the best positions - to me Kidley is a much better player than Walsh.

As someone said earlier - our established 6,7 and 13 were all out. We did bloody well to get the win today. No need to get all precious about how we did it.

Coopah_Knights

Juniors
Well, it was the "c" plan today with Dureau and Mullo both out. Would Walsh have been better? Maybe. Maybe not. We did win against one of the top-rated teams on a neutral ground. And before we totally bury the idea of ever seeing Gids in the halves again, if we should have a situation with Mullo out but Dureau available I wouldn't mind seeing him have another go at 5/8. Dureau is such a great organiser/kicker that I think Gids or Bailey outside makes a reasonably balanced combination.

thats a good point..
at least we know we can go with a couple of different combinations.
but we cant keep changing HB/ 5/8 combo's.
but we cant help it with injury creeping in.

Latest posts