What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters, NRL have failed Todd Carney

Hooch

Juniors
This is the part of the cycle where we all feel sorry for poor Toddy who can't handle his drink, then once this big communal circle jerk is done we send him back out there to lay on a few tries (once his groin is right).

God I am sick to f**k of listening to this sob story bullshit. There is nothing wrong with Todd Carney. Nothing! He's a pisshead who can't toe the line. BFD. So are a lot of other blokes in their mid twenties. He either grows up or he doesn't. Who gives a f**k, there's nothing wrong with him.

If he wasn't one of the premier halves in the game he would've gone the way of an Irwin or Watts years ago... but as long as he can do what he does, he gets special treatment. Get used to it, this is normal.

Carney either straightens himself out or goes the way of a Taumata. Or more likely he's too damn talented and gets covered up ala Johns. Personally I couldn't give two shits its entirely up to Carney how he approaches his career.

Last edited:

Dazraider

Juniors
I have always said it was a matter of time before he screws up again and gets suspended or sacked,he is a tool and has a huge ego trip where he does not give a rats about anybody but himself,there is nothing wrong with that in real life but when you playing footy there are rules to follow and the big money is not only for playing the game it has so many other jobs involved and rules to follow and if he cant and he never will follow then just sack him let the rebels pick him up or some afl side may want him,so many good talent comes through every year so who really cares if he plays the game or not, i know i dont

Nightward

Juniors
FFS what a joke of an article.
Carney went out, had a few drinks, and went home. Who has failed ANYONE in this situation?
Carney never once said he'd stop drinking during his court case. He simply said he was getting help to control it. Seems to me a night out with mates without incident is indeed an example of controlling it.
By all means come down on him hard when he f**ks up. But when he is simply having a drink and not causing any problems, what the bloody hell is the problem??

He (or at least his lawyer, or however it works) said in court that he was an alcoholic. An addict.

Let's replace alcohol with cocaine. Would a cocaine addict be "controlling" their addiction if they went out clubbing, possibly even with the premeditated intention of buying?

I'm going to go with a "no", there. That drinking is more socially acceptable than other forms of intoxicating agents is entirely irrelevant. If you're an addict, you don't "control" your addiction by accessing more of the substance or deliberately placing yourself in a situation where the temptation to give in to doing so is overwhelming.

It really needs to be one rule for all. The Broncos looked the goods a few years back when they sacked Costigan and the rest (despite their promise)... but when it came time to walk the walk after talking the talk following the Alhambra incident, they twiddled their thumbs and did nothing because this time it was star players- three of them.

Of the three the only one who showed any remorse or made any real attempt to make amends for his actions. And despite the form he has displayed on the field since then, I still believe he (and Hunt and Boyd) ought to have been sacked immediately.

Vicious

Bench
Anyone else heard the mail that it`s more than a coincidence as to the connection between what happened with Anthony Watts & Todd Carney?
Not only that what about the connection between Todd Carney & Brian Smith?

Hooch

Juniors
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...odd-carney-drama/story-e6frexnr-1226046625070

THE Roosters' inquisition into Todd Carney's boozy night out has claimed its first scalp with the club sacking sprint coach Roger Fabri.

Desperate to move on from last week's traumatic headlines surrounding its star player, the club needed a scapegoat and they have found one. Fabri, who was told on Wednesday he would no longer be required.
The Daily Telegraph understands he was sacked because he failed to inform Roosters management that Carney and troubled hooker Anthony Watts had been drinking at The Palace Hotel on April 16.
Fabri is a close friend of Carney's and he had been to dinner with him that night.
A non-drinker, Fabri dropped the troubled five-eighth home at 11.30pm only for Carney to later contact Watts. The pair were seen drinking at the Trademark Hotel in Kings Cross until 4am.
While Carney has been suspended indefinitely, and Watts is expected to be handed a breach notice by the Roosters in coming weeks, Fabri is the first one to be terminated over the scandal. Some club insiders last night painted Fabri as the "fall guy", while Roosters chief executive Steve Noyce refused to comment on the circumstances that led to his dismissal.
"It's a decision that the club has made and that's about all I can say about it," Noyce said. "I don't want to talk about the reasons why. It is best for the club and Roger to move on. We have a game against the Titans to worry about."
Asked if Fabri had was a scapegoat, Noyce said: "I've got no comment on that."
The Roosters have been concerned about Carney's relationship with Fabri for some time and officials bristled when they read reports last week they had handed him the role of unofficial minder.
Fabri spent two years in jail for drug supply in 2000 and told The Sunday Telegraph last year that he had not informed the club.
"The law allows you to move on with your life," he said at the time. "I have moved on and am trying to put the pieces back together."
Fabri, who was unavailable for comment last night, has been employed by the Roosters for the past three years and was instrumental in helping fullback Anthony Minichiello, former second-rower Willie Mason and hooker Jake Friend back from injury.
Meanwhile, the club will wait to hand Watts his breach notice when his court case for allegedly assaulting girlfriend Shannon Kiss ends.
The matter is not due back in Waverley Local Court until June 9.

Problem solved Noycey... hang on, I think Toddy needs his daipers changed again :roll:

Raider Azz

Bench
The number of people being sacked because of a Todd Carney f**k up has got to be in the double figures now

nqcowboy87

Bench
i think the roosters and the nrl need to do something similiar to what the titans did for chris walker, he seems to be doing ok now. or kinda what they did for jake friend. no football full time help, get him working in a real job maybe get him out to the prisons or something. none of this atherton business(i honestly thought it might work) get him doing that for a year instead of football get his ead right and get him passionate about football and make him realise if f###s up agin he not only f###s up in his football career, he f###s up in life

Philby

Juniors
i think the roosters and the nrl need to do something similiar to what the titans did for chris walker, he seems to be doing ok now. or kinda what they did for jake friend. no football full time help, get him working in a real job maybe get him out to the prisons or something. none of this atherton business(i honestly thought it might work) get him doing that for a year instead of football get his ead right and get him passionate about football and make him realise if f###s up agin he not only f###s up in his football career, he f###s up in life

It's already been tried. The Raiders had him working with special needs kids in Canberra a few years back after one of his previous infringements. Nothing will change Todd. I have known Todd since he was 5 & he has always been a little pest. Im sick of hearing this depression BS. He is just wired this way. The only option would be a full brain transplant!!

Danish

Referee
Why not just let him drink and play and we can all look at his stories as charming legends like we do with any and all players from the 80s and earlier?

big country

Juniors
It's already been tried. The Raiders had him working with special needs kids in Canberra a few years back after one of his previous infringements. Nothing will change Todd. I have known Todd since he was 5 & he has always been a little pest. Im sick of hearing this depression BS. He is just wired this way. The only option would be a full brain transplant!!

a brain transplant with a donkey maybe? wait a minute - the poor donkey might be worse off for it :sarcasm:

Hooch

Juniors
Why not just let him drink and play and we can all look at his stories as charming legends like we do with any and all players from the 80s and earlier?

:clap:

This is how things should be. Carney's name should go down in Rugby League history as the greatest in the game since Julian O'Neill.

Walt Flanigan

Referee

Sounds good.

When he gets behind the wheel after a thousand and takes out a family of 4.............I'll look back on it and say "those were the days".

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: roosters fans are the best

the good old days... :lol:

2011 called guys, you're welcome to join us here anytime you like

Danish

Referee
I love made up hypotheticals to try and prove a point.

Maybe when Shillo racks up his own 3rd DUI and runs over a class of children being led to church by a group of nuns with Breast cancer we can all be ashamed as well??

Latest posts