Roosters talent spotter takes over as Wests Tigers head of football

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by tiger102, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

I remember the game you’re talking about. I think it was only his 3rd or 4th game in first grade and he made 4 clean line breaks from kick returns. So strange to think that he never got near that level again

2. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

I remember that game as well. He killed them. That was the end of his career.

Vic Mackey likes this.
  3. Front-Rower

Front-Rower Bench

We’ve had a lot of one hit wonders. Boils down to no discipline, no planning, no direction, no desire to become better. Let’s hope Maguire turns it all around

4. Old Time Tiger

Old Time Tiger Juniors

He is ready but Madge won't pick him,
    I would give him 80 minutes in reserves. Why?
    I think that RF is sitting on 298 games, as soon as he hits 300, the roles should be reversed and Liddle has at least had an 80 minute game.

If Madge wants 2 No 9's it must be a case that Liddle is the starting 9 and Farah the bench warmer, he can be used instead of ET but it is still a waste of a reserve spot.

5. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

We need Liddle on the bench at a bare minimum because he is one player who can provide some spark. Robbie is also struggling going all game.

6. Pistol_Pete

Pistol_Pete Juniors

It was a Sat night out at that third world shithole. And we lost.

7. The Silverdale Phantom

The Silverdale Phantom Juniors

In the grand scheme of things, robbie needs to be phased out of the squad.

He’s comfortable financially and is known as a good decent guy, so he can do a lot of meaningful things in the real world. A lot of poor kids and the disabled to help.

He should not be defined by his astonishing league career.

This is just the beginning for him if he reaches out, rolls up his sleeves.

I have the feeling that he is going to kick on big time post career.

8. Fordy20

Fordy20 Juniors

Madge doesn't want two hookers, we saw that earlier in the year. He wants a three prop bench with a backrower good enough to fill in at centre. Robbie will get his 300 starts as will Benji. I expect Liddle's game time to increase after that, assuming he re-signs with us.

On the otherhand, there's not much point giving Liddle game time if he doesn't want to stay. With Fainu's stocks rising, Api Korosau could be on the outer at Manly and at the end of a three year contract with us, Jake Simpkin would be 21 and might be ready for step up.

My preference is for Liddle to stay, but given he hasn't re-signed and the club was rumoured to be sniffing around Brandon Smith, I suspect Liddle isn't too keen on staying.

Old Time Tiger likes this.
  9. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

Ah so that’s why he caught that flick pass from Benji like everything was sweet. He didn’t turn even slightly to catch that ball...He must have picked it early....

10. Old Time Tiger

Old Time Tiger Juniors

Well he could use someone else for a couple of weeks just so Liddle can get 80 minutes in game time.

They could use Reynolds, he was a 9, he adds spark, he adds cover for the 6 & 7.
    But I know you don’t rate Reynolds Tiger05.

I’d still give Liddle 80 minutes in reserves.
    Farah can get his 300 and then get a ‘mysterious season injury’;)

11. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

I reckon Reynolds goes okay but he is consistently injured. Benji has also been really good for us so far this season. As for Robbie and Liddle I just think we need Liddle in the team. If Reynolds could do the same role it'd be okay but I don't see the point. Just play Liddle/Robbie there and whenever Liddle can do 80 minutes pick him. If Reynolds gets up some game time maybe he can replace Benji.

12. OldSchoolTiger

OldSchoolTiger Juniors

Hasn't been able to do that so far so what makes you think he can now ?