What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters team v Brisbane

Kiwi

First Grade
JBW1983 said:
If mini and tupou play then i have no doubt the roosters will win... no carroll for the broncos leaves their defence out of sorts... Broncodroid, how do u know mini's gonna play?

Whilst Carroll is missing, the tackling machine Stagg is still there. Our D will be fine.

ledzep

Bench
Kiwi said:
JBW1983 said:
If mini and tupou play then i have no doubt the roosters will win... no carroll for the broncos leaves their defence out of sorts... Broncodroid, how do u know mini's gonna play?

Whilst Carroll is missing, the tackling machine Stagg is still there. Our D will be fine.
yes, but it means lockyer has to fend for himself
his walking protector is gone

Kiwi

First Grade
roosterbooster1 said:
Kiwi said:
JBW1983 said:

yes, but it means lockyer has to fend for himself
his walking protector is gone

Stagg will do that job nicely. Stagg took over the job when we lost Carroll late last year. And Stagg holds the tackling record for both the NRL and Broncos for most tackles in a match. Lockyer is in good hands.

JW

Coach
What's this crap about Finch making a possible comeback tonight?

Roosters stars return
By Dean Ritchie and James Hooper
March 25, 2005

HALFBACK Brett Finch and fullback Anthony Minichiello are poised to make high-profile returns for the Sydney Roosters in tonight's NRL game against Brisbane at Aussie Stadium.

The pair were not initially named in the Roosters squad on Tuesday night but are ready for shock comebacks against the Broncos.

Finch was bracing himself for a six weeks absence after breaking both hands in one tackle during a trial match against Penrith last month on the Gold Coast.

It is expected he will start tonight's match from the bench.

"Brett is mending quickly," said Roosters coach Ricky Stuart. "He has trained quite strongly but still could be a week away from playing."

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,12649989-23214,00.html

Surely they jest? :?

Cheers.

Kiwi

First Grade
JW said:
What's this crap about Finch making a possible comeback tonight?

Roosters stars return
By Dean Ritchie and James Hooper
March 25, 2005

HALFBACK Brett Finch and fullback Anthony Minichiello are poised to make high-profile returns for the Sydney Roosters in tonight's NRL game against Brisbane at Aussie Stadium.

The pair were not initially named in the Roosters squad on Tuesday night but are ready for shock comebacks against the Broncos.

Finch was bracing himself for a six weeks absence after breaking both hands in one tackle during a trial match against Penrith last month on the Gold Coast.

It is expected he will start tonight's match from the bench.

"Brett is mending quickly," said Roosters coach Ricky Stuart. "He has trained quite strongly but still could be a week away from playing."

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,12649989-23214,00.html

Surely they jest? :?

Cheers.

It's a joke if Finch plays. Don't know anything about Mini so wont comment. But if Finch returns the Roosters obviously don't have his best interests at heart.

Ricky Stuart naming Chris Walker at Fullback - a dead giveaway that the team originally announced is not the one that will play tonight :lol:

I remember Paul Langmack picking Chris Walker at fullback against Manly.
He single handedly won the game............FOR MANLY

Chris Walker - sponsored by Turnstiles 'R' Us

ozboy

Juniors
The sooner Brett Firman is dropped for the Rooster's 1st grade team, the sooner the Roosters will improve as a team. I tought he was crap at the Dragons while everybody was talking him up, and now given his start at the Roosters he looks even worse than he did before.

Who would have ever thought this, but the Roosters will actually improve when Brett Finch comes back, unless of-course Ricky does the smart thing and dumps them both to PL and plays Craig Wing at 7 and Chris Flannery at 6.

JBW1983

Juniors
What drugs r u on ozboy??? I think Sticky knows a good halfback when he sees one... Firman and Finch are goin to be up there with the orford/hill combo by the end of the year.

Somebody tell me... if Finch is making a comeback, but Nigel Plum is replacing Tupou, who drops out of the team??

JBW1983 said:
What drugs r u on ozboy??? I think Sticky knows a good halfback when he sees one... Firman and Finch are goin to be up there with the orford/hill combo by the end of the year.

Somebody tell me... if Finch is making a comeback, but Nigel Plum is replacing Tupou, who drops out of the team??

Finch/Firman = to Orford/Hill, what drugs are you on??

ozboy

Juniors
JBW1983 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No need to respond to that type of stupidity.

JBW1983

Juniors
You'll be eating your words soon enough... maybe not after this round or even after the next 3 or 4 but its inevitable... As for Smith/Withers... YOU GOT NOTHIN LADS

JBW1983

Juniors
Who was it who almost won the Dally M last year? And who was it who was probably rookie of the year 2 years ago? Finch and Firman? I believe so... put that together with an all-star forward pack and a backline with speed to burn and it ain't rocket science to figure out what is going to come of them now is it?

Kiwi

First Grade
JBW1983 said:
You'll be eating your words soon enough... maybe not after this round or even after the next 3 or 4 but its inevitable... As for Smith/Withers... YOU GOT NOTHIN LADS

No one is talking up smith/withers so whats your point there?

The Orford/Hill combo very few threats. Campbell/Gower, Lockyer/Seymour, and maybe Sherwin/Anasta ( if Anasta fires ) are it really.

Kiwi

First Grade
JBW1983 said:
Who was it who almost won the Dally M last year? And who was it who was probably rookie of the year 2 years ago? Finch and Firman? I believe so... put that together with an all-star forward pack and a backline with speed to burn and it ain't rocket science to figure out what is going to come of them now is it?

They're both halfbacks, one is playing in the 6 now. Plus they both had star players in the halves with them in Barrett and Fittler. Having Barrett and Fittler has your halves partner makes a huge difference.

JBW1983

Juniors
Firman played virtually his whole rookie season with barrett on the sidelines... that is why there was such a hype about him... he instantly took control of the team. Having a coach as hard a taskmaster as Stuart and there being so many big names (and egos i can admit that) at his new club its understandable that he's made a fairly nervous start to the season... not to mention coming back from a serious long term injury.

Finch, similarly, was used to playing half/five-eight for the raiders, always with the pressure of being the only real play maker and was virtually always one of their best on the field... Fair enough, last year he had the great Brad Fittler outside him but he still ran about 90% of the plays and kicking which proves he has an abundance of his own skill

Kiwi

First Grade
JBW1983 said:
Firman played virtually his whole rookie season with barrett on the sidelines... that is why there was such a hype about him... he instantly took control of the team. Having a coach as hard a taskmaster as Stuart and there being so many big names (and egos i can admit that) at his new club its understandable that he's made a fairly nervous start to the season... not to mention coming back from a serious long term injury.

Finch, similarly, was used to playing half/five-eight for the raiders, always with the pressure of being the only real play maker and was virtually always one of their best on the field... Fair enough, last year he had the great Brad Fittler outside him but he still ran about 90% of the plays and kicking which proves he has an abundance of his own skill

I'll give you Firman and his first year, he was good, but it's only one year, and he has done nothing since, and was infact dropped to PL where he got injured.

Finch did squat at the Raiders, he was their best option at halfback, but they struggled with him there, he took bad options, played inconsistantly ect. He was even booed by Raider fans well before he signed with the Roosters. Finch has had one great year, last year inside Fittler, the rest have been nothing to write home about.