What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters top squad confirmed

Chook Norris

First Grade
I think this might be Brent on the left hand side :)

epic_diving_fail.jpg

:lol::lol::clap:

Geohood

Bench
It was funny how Grose ran down a Hodges who looked certain to score 10 metres out in the prelim final.. I know it was only Hodges but still for Grose to run anyone down is a miracle.

dubopov

Coach
That looks like the most pissweak Roosters squad in recent times. I suppose there will be a couple of disenchanted big names from other teams added in the next couple of months. eg Bird

profiveeighth

Juniors
My team for 2009:

1. Minichiello
2. Perrett
3. Soliola (yeh, think him and perrett will work well together like they did for the kiwis)
4. mitch aubusson
5. SKD
6. ben jones
7. pearce
8. omeley
9. james aubusson
10. myles
11. mason (sa if mason injured)
12. fitzy
13. anasta

14. sa ( Franky paul if mason injurd)
15. paea
16. cherrington
17. jake friend

btw. i dont udnerstand y riley borwn isnt in the squad
he started most of the games in 08 didnt he?

aelek

Juniors
That looks like the most pissweak Roosters squad in recent times. I suppose there will be a couple of disenchanted big names from other teams added in the next couple of months. eg Bird

Totally agree,

I think we will struggle to make the wooden spoon with this group. Too many young blokes.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Not only will we struggle to make the wooden spoon but we won't get near it.

We should be alot better this year than last.

All the young players like SKD, Mitch and James Aubusson, Mith Pearce, Sa, Cherrington and Jake Friend should all be ready to take that next step up and become better players.

And thats alot of serious young talent ready to explode whilst built around the quality and experience of the likes of Mini, Perrett, Anasta, O'Meley, Mason, Fitzy, Myles and Paea.

I dont know how far we will go but we will be alot better in 2009.

i don't see how we will go better in 09

we struggled at the back end of 08 ... lost three players and haven't replaced them

if we couldn't do it with them, how can we do it without them?

people like mason talk about "the combinations are coming along well and starting to build" - same bullsh*t they said at the start of 08 ... and now, if freddy wants to use anasta at lock we'll need more combination building

we'll be in a dog fight for 7th/8th

Monk

Referee
i don't see how we will go better in 09

we struggled at the back end of 08 ... lost three players and haven't replaced them

if we couldn't do it with them, how can we do it without them?

people like mason talk about "the combinations are coming along well and starting to build" - same bullsh*t they said at the start of 08 ... and now, if freddy wants to use anasta at lock we'll need more combination building

we'll be in a dog fight for 7th/8th

hence why we came 4th. i see no reason why we shouldnt make the 8, maybe even the top 4.

we should never have come fourth

five, six and seven stuttered and should have had us covered ... we made foruth because we were lucky and we didn't deserve to be top 4

you're lying to yourself if you believe otherwise

adamkungl

Immortal
Pff. We shat ourselves post Origin with some pissweak performances, and should have finished higher. I put that down to inexperience. Some of you lot are waaay too pessemistic.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Not only will we struggle to make the wooden spoon but we won't get near it.

We should be alot better this year than last.

All the young players like SKD, Mitch and James Aubusson, Mith Pearce, Sa, Cherrington and Jake Friend should all be ready to take that next step up and become better players.

And thats alot of serious young talent ready to explode whilst built around the quality and experience of the likes of Mini, Perrett, Anasta, O'Meley, Mason, Fitzy, Myles and Paea.

I dont know how far we will go but we will be alot better in 2009.
i cant see us getting any better than last year, top 4 last year was great.. but geez the 2nd half of the season was a shocker

we've lost Toops.. one of our main 'go to' guys

our squad seems even more inexperienced then last year's

unless we can score at least 4 trys that dont involve kicks in the 1st round.. then i'll be a little more confident

if you believe that at the end of the regular season we were a genuine top 4 team with our performances you're kidding yourself

exactly.. we didnt deserve to be in the top 4

charlie

Juniors
i see us having a slow start this year, but by round 10 we will be powering on as the young blokes start believing in themselves. i see a top 6 finish,and a good show in the finals

Tommy Smith

Referee
if you believe that at the end of the regular season we were a genuine top 4 team with our performances you're kidding yourself
The same applies to the Sharks.

The fact is since the salary cap has really bitten the competition each year has been made up of 2 maybe 3 quality teams and the rest have been involved in a crap fight for the other spots in the 8.

Id say we were about the 5th best side last year. And no we weren't that good so that says alot about the mediocore competition these days. But i see no reason why we wont be a much better team in 2009. We might however still drop down the ladder because the oppsoition may improve alot, who knows...

Toops is a loss, but Cherrington is ready to take his place and maybe, just maybe he might become a consistent version of Toops. Shillingtons loss is a borderline addition. The big fat powderpuff is easily replaced. And Roberts was a pea-heart who is no big loss either.

But i think we will see all the gains through the improvement of the yougner brigade. Its the same with every team and how Premierships are won...you get a young batch of quality players who after a couple of years there or abouts develop into quality, battle-hardened first graders.

It was the same with the Storm and Sea Eagles. Slater, Inglis, Hoffman, Cronk, Smith, White and Johnson weren't always Origin quality players. They took a couple of years first to develop into a team capable of winning the comp.

And now if the likes of Mitch and James Aubusson, Pearce, Sa, SKD, Cherro, Shackleton, Friend and even Paea go from being 6/10 players to 8/10 players then we'll be a much better team.

I dont think we'll win the comp but its not impossible. Recent history is filled with young teams who come from nowehere and put it together for amazing seasons. Eels in 01, Panthers in 03, Tigers in 05 and Storm in 06.

Latest posts