What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 02 (2004) Panthers v Souths

Mystique

Juniors
Panthers v Souths

Sorry for the delay, folks. I've had some connection problems for the past few days and have finally had to borrow someone else's computer to post. But here goes:

Panthers

Paul-The-Cowboy – Passion of the Saints - Good Friday ’04 – Game on
750 words
A look ahead to the biggest local derby in the English league with lots of background information as well as an entertaining personal slant.
Score: 8.3

BrentWeb’sno.1fan - “The difference between, Reserve/Club Grade Footy and NRL Football.”750 words
Well written and I liked the selective use of quotes in the first half. The second half loses the plot a bit but otherwise excellent.
Score: 8.0

League Nut – The Little team that could
736 words
Well, I laughed. An entertaining re-telling of a classic footy fairytale (based upon a true story, as all the best fairy tales are).
Score: 8.5

Iddylion – Lossing the Toss
626 words
Poetry’s always hard to do well but Iddylion succeeds where the team sadly failed. Great story as well. I was hooked.

Big Mick - The 1991 Grand Final – The last game of a Penrith Legend:
750 words
A match report on one of the great games of Rugby League. Gripping stuff.
Score: 8.1

TOTAL: 41.2

Souths

RedDragon - South Sydney Swans?
721 words
A comparison between two inner city sides from different codes and the team spirit that inspires them both.
Score: 8.0

Terracesider - Some Significant Current Developments In English Rugby League.
709 words (not including references)
Very professional and knowledgeable article, if a little dry, on potential future trouble spots in the currently healthy English Rugby League.
Score: 8.4

Seano - The back bone of a team
721 words
Souths forward pack. A well written article that includes both information and analysis.
Score: 8.4

Skeepe - Expansion 101
750 words
Good solid and factual article on a topic very hard to cover in a mere 750 words. I’d have liked to have read more but obviously there wasn’t enough space.

Robster - Church of Rugby League
706 words
A light hearted look at League as a religion. An entertaining read.
Score: 8.2

TOTAL: 41.3

Souths 41.3 defeat Panthers 41.2

Poster of the Match: LeagueNut for the Panthers

Wow. Close game. Well done everyone.

skeepe

Immortal
Not a problem Mystique, I'm sure I speak for both teams when I say the fact that you're donating your time more than makes up for any small delays that might occur from time to time.

Great game everyone, you certainly can't get any closer than that, bad luck Panthers I think you're extremely unfortunate to be 0-2 after 2 very close losses, and congrats Souths! 2 from 2, now to make it 3 from 3!

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
2 0.1 losses in the first 2 weeks, who would've thought!

Good game Souths, it was a very tough match. Good luck for the rest of the year, you've made a cracking start and the team looks very strong. Oh and thanks very much for your time Mystique.

We just gotta lift our heads up and fire up for a big game next week.

Big Mick

Referee
This is way too disappointing for my liking. I'm sorry, I'm really upset.

2 0.1 losses in a row, I feel stupid as a captain that i've let my team down.

terracesider

Juniors
Good game everybody. We got the bounce of the ball, but I'd still expect Panthers to be up there in the post-season.

Seano

Juniors
Hey guys sorry for the delay ive been down the coast all weekend.

Panthers v South's matches are always a very tough close encountered and really such a close result does not suprise me at all. Over the last two seasons the Panthers and the Bunnies have shared the honours, and im sure that Big Mick and his boys will be there come the semis.

To my team, congratulations guys what a great way to start the season. Lets rest up with the bye this week, and then focus on making it 3 from 3 in two weeks time.

Cheers to the Ref and both teams

Latest posts