What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 2007

Godz Illa

Coach
Only 4 short months away folks. Looks like we're up against the GC Tits at Suncorp, so we might be a good chance of actually winning our first game, omg.
Bring back John Fifita said:
Dragons round 1 history is less than ordinary, but history at Suncorp is unrivalled. Titans clash should be a cracker.
Nicely summed up by Fifita. Already looking forward to a few dropped balls from Bailey, and a concussion from Henderson. The off season sux fat sweaty balls.

Collateral

Coach
any predictions for what the round 1 team will be? Mine goes something like this:

1. Niaqama
2. Morris
3. Cooper
4. Morris
5. MaDougall

6. Gasnier
7. Hornby

8. Peek
9. Woolford
10. Ryles

11. Payne
12. Isemonger
13. Creagh

14. Wicks
15. Sims
16. Scott
17. Chase

Looks a tad dodgy with all the injuries...not too sure what Browny will do with the backline either.

Wicks

Juniors
1. Morris
2. Naiqama
3. Scott
4. Cooper
5. MacDougall

6. Gasnier
7. Hornby

8. Sims
9. Woolford
10. Ryles

11. Payne
12. Isemonger
13. Creagh

14. Wicks
15. Peek
16. Setu
17. Chase

Father Ted

First Grade
Godz Illa said:
Only 4 short months away folks. Looks like we're up against the GC Tits at Suncorp, so we might be a good chance of actually winning our first game, omg.

Nicely summed up by Fifita. Already looking forward to a few dropped balls from Bailey, and a concussion from Henderson. The off season sux fat sweaty balls.

I recall saying the same thing myself when we played the Westen Reds in their first ever game .

God-King Dean

Immortal
Where gonna have to smash that bloke they call Bull now (what a gay stupid name).

BTW, why the f*ck at Suncorp ?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Cararra won't be big enough.

Saints v Broncos get near enough to 50,000.

I imagine similar notions are circulating for a Titans debut vs the most well supported non-Queensland team in Queensland.

Dave Q

Coach
Should be an absolute corker.

I wouldnt take them too lightly, lots of pressure to win their first ever match (again).

G

gorilla

Father Ted said:
I recall saying the same thing myself when we played the Westen Reds in their first ever game .

Yeah, put in the Parramatta stadium debacle and a couple of other opening games as well.

Freaking classic chance of a dud start to the season, bloody charity matches.

Hey, speaking of charity - I do intend to be at the Shield this year !

Dave Q

Coach
The Preacher said:
So what's the go Dave, not much happening on the Bunnies forum hey mate ?? :?

Bit quiet over there at the moment actually, a debate about the central coast, I'm pro-50/50% central coast, a view not shared by many.

But there is a lot more happening at the club itself.

Also, as much as I love Souths, theres a whole league world out there to learn about or otherwise discover.

I remember 'the skull' at Saints games, he looked pretty scary. Is he still around?

Ive never been to Kogarah, but Ive been to Win a few times- in the old Steelers days- beacuse I lived down there for a few years.

I recall getting hit over the head with a big league by a Steelers supporter in a match v Souths and security turned up.

It was a bit of an invasion of personal space, but it was kind of funny in its own way and I was giving the steelers heaps and probably deserved it ( we were all standing on the hill).

I was whacked lightly and quickly after the Steelers scored a try.

It wouldnt happen these days, it would consititute an assault!!

Glad with the game choice, and location. I'm picturing a sun-drenched Suncorp with 50,000 people, including generous lashings of red & white throughout, 27 degrees on the ground & beer at 5 degrees on the bar. Might have to get my backside up there.

The Preacher

First Grade
Bring back John Fifita said:
Glad with the game choice, and location. I'm picturing a sun-drenched Suncorp with 50,000 people, including generous lashings of red & white throughout, 27 degrees on the ground & beer at 5 degrees on the bar. Might have to get my backside up there.

A tad too warm there BBJF. I always found around 3 degrees and served in a chilled glass was the best.
Mind you, Johnny Fifita just wanted "Schooner-Foster". No worries about temps with him. :lol:
Does sound like a big weekend though, I think I'll be there.
icon14.gif

I can see that 3 degrees could be preferable to some. Unfortunately I don't see the likely hood that chilled plastic cups will be in abundance though.

weasel

First Grade
Does this mean the Saints are gonna grace Suncorp Stadium at least twice again next season? Awesome. I'll definitely be there Round One, although I think it's fair we start underdogs, with a massive crowd and the buzz of their inaugural game, we could potentially be embarassed. But then again, it could work against them although I won't take anything for granted, I'm steeling myself for another possible first round loss.

Latest posts