What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 2021 semi realistic sides

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Going to stick my neck out here, but barring injury, I think our backline is set for round 1.

1. Dufty
2. JP
3. Ramsey
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Norman*
7. Hunt

* Clune if Norman suspended

Nothing from yesterdays trial game has made me want to alter this. However, will reassess after the Eels trial.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Question for you giys as for the life of me i cant remember (yep getting old).

When Hunt plays 7 and Norman 6 which side do they defend on?

Is it Hunt left and Norman right or is it visa-versa?

possm

Coach
In defence and attack, Norman to our left side and Hunt to our right. This is the norm but there are exceptions when both may appear on one side of the field in attack.

Old Timer

Coach

Defend lol
Hunts stands on the right, Norman stands on the left and then they both stand anywhere just behind the goal line when the opposition attempt their conversion.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Just watched the 30 minute special on Fox from 1999 v Sharks.
What a fantastic squad that was.
Mark Coyne couldn’t even make the 17 and one of my all time favs Brad Mackay on the bench.
So many leaders in that team and probably half of that 17 if playing now would easily be Captain of the Dragons 21 squad.
Ah the memories.
Mundine had a cracker

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I'm more convinced now after watching the AS game tonight that Kerr should be one of the edge forwards. Use him as a David Fafita type role and keep him out of the "heavy" stuff.

Fuimaono had a solid game without doing too much, can't se him as an edge player, maybe at lock or from the bench.

BLM01

First Grade
I'm more convinced now after watching the AS game tonight that Kerr should be one of the edge forwards. Use him as a David Fafita type role and keep him out of the "heavy" stuff.

Fuimaono had a solid game without doing too much, can't se him as an edge player, maybe at lock or from the bench.
Thought both had a real big dig.
Your points have merit.

1 Duffty
2 Ramsey 3 Lomax 4 Bird 5 Ravalawa
6 Sullivan 7 Clune
13 Lawrie 12 Sims 11 Fuimaono
10 Vaughan 9 Hunt (C) 8 Kerr
14 McCullough 15 Ford 16 Faamausili 17 Alvaro

I would opt for Feagai over Bird, but that's not what Hook will do.Realistically, it will be Hunt at 7, McCreaky at 9 and Clune or Sullivan on the bench. I prefer it my way.

That 17 has a good chance of putting the wind up the Scum.

kit66

Bench
In defence and attack, Norman to our left side and Hunt to our right. This is the norm but there are exceptions when both may appear on one side of the field in attack.

When Widdop was here he'd play on the left with Hunt right, which worked well because Widdop was great at those sweeping left side raids and getting the ball wide quickly, Norman isn't as adept at that and so many opportunities get wasted. Might be time to mix that up and get the left firing again. Clune was OK out there on occassion but I'd like to see Bud get a run there or even switch Hunt.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Ok so my SEMI-REALISTIC side for rd 1 stands at:

1. Dufty
2. JP
3. Ramsey/Bird*
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Clune
7. Hunt
9. McCollough
11. Kerr
12. Sims

14. Bird*

* not confident that Bird will start a game in the early rounds, eased into it as Hook said.

Blanks to be filled after the CS and possibly some other alterations.
Final team next week.

kit66

Bench
Just watched the 30 minute special on Fox from 1999 v Sharks.
What a fantastic squad that was.
Mark Coyne couldn’t even make the 17 and one of my all time favs Brad Mackay on the bench.
So many leaders in that team and probably half of that 17 if playing now would easily be Captain of the Dragons 21 squad.
Ah the memories.

Yeah, so depressing that we didn't capitalize on that roster. I watched a 2004 game ( the big come back against Manly ) yesterday - our forward pack that year included Bailey, Ryles, Kite. Poore, Timmins, Thompson, Riddell, A.Sims, Henderson, Withers, N.Long and of course D.Young ( getting a run on gig when there were so many better options ) and we couldn't capitalize on that. Almost the same in 2005 just swap Ennis for Riddell. Ah the waste.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

1. Dufty
2. JP
3. Ramsey/Bird*
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Clune
7. Hunt
9. McCollough
11. Kerr
12. Sims

14. Bird*

* not confident that Bird will start a game in the early rounds, eased into it as Hook said.

Final team next week.
I put Semi-Realistic so as to not have Savid Fifita, James Tedesco and Nathan Cleary in the side.

redv13

Bench

1. Dufty
2. JP
3. Ramsey/Bird*
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Clune
7. Hunt
9. McCollough
11. Kerr
12. Sims

14. Bird*

Final team next week.
I’ll have a crack.
1. Dufty
2. Ramsey
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. Vaughan
11. Sims
12. Ford
13. Fuimaono
14. Faamausili
15. Kerr
16. Alvaro
17. Feagai

3 forward rotation, Feagai can cover outside backs, bird can move into halves and Hunt spell AM if need be.

possm

Coach
I’ll have a crack.
1. Dufty
2. Ramsey
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. Vaughan
11. Sims
12. Ford
13. Fuimaono
14. Faamausili
15. Kerr
16. Alvaro

17. Feagai

3 forward rotation, Feagai can cover outside backs, bird can move into halves and Hunt spell AM if need be.
I've changed my mind with regards to Ford as our run on right edge forward. I'm now in favour of Kerr holding that position and Ford being the backup backrow forward on the bench.

After seeing Kerr's performance during the All Stars game, I believe he is our best option at 12 as it seems Brid witll be playing in the backs in the early rounds at least.

redv13

Bench
I've changed my mind with regards to Ford as our run on right edge forward. I'm now in favour of Kerr holding that position and Ford being the backup backrow forward on the bench.

After seeing Kerr's performance during the All Stars game, I believe he is our best option at 12 as it seems Brid witll be playing in the backs in the early rounds at least.
I only caught bits and pieces of last nights game so I’m not in a position to comment on Kerr at 12 but if others on here watched the game and have positive things to say about Kerr playing there then sweet I can run with that

since77

Juniors

Last 2 seasons they spent most of their time under the posts waiting to kickoff.

George Sancti

Juniors
After watching the trial games, I believe Anthony Griffin will introduce the young brigade to first grade slowly throughout the season. He will want to see the players demonstrate good form in the Canterbury Cup before being considered. Cody Ramsey may need to show that he has superior skills and sufficient strength to play first grade and Jayden Sullivan has the necessary maturity to control the game from 5/8.

Crush

Coach
Here is mine.
1. Dufty
2. Ramsey
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Clune
7. Hunt (c)
8. Vaughan
9. McCulloch