What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 2021 semi realistic sides

denis preston

First Grade
Resignings
Host-Rumoured to re-sign for next year.
Ellis-Not sure of retention past this year. I would re-sign him as our forward depth is poor.
Blacker-The coaching staff appear to have no confidence in him. He should have been selected for at least one NRL game to date.
Saab for Garrick swap-Rumoured swap which I would support.
Sailor-Probably leaving due to non-selection.Can do nothing to change the outcome.
Lovodua-Leaving but no great loss.
Over the past few years we have lost numerous forwards with no equivalent replacements being Ah Mau, Frizell, Graham, Kafusi, Luke, Thompson and Timm. Consequently the Dragons forwards are second rate with no decent signings in sight.

Not bad but Garrick definitely not ! Hasnt fixed his defence issues and is not fast and more importantly will be a roadblock for Ramsey & Fergals introduction to the NRL

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Not bad but Garrick definitely not ! Hasnt fixed his defence issues and is not fast and more importantly will be a roadblock for Ramsey & Fergals introduction to the NRL
I honestly don’t think we need to buy any wingers. Rava is progressing well, Lomax has cemented his spot. With Aitken gone JP will look a lot better. We have Wiliame and Max Feagai vying for that left centre spot. Ramsey isn’t far away from a debut, we have Mat Feagai and young Sloan coming through who looks outstanding to me. Plus Schiller will be ready soon enough and word is he’s pretty handy too. I think with our mix of solid backups and rising talent we can start to build a solid backline if managed correctly.

hazzbeen

Bench
Just off topic for a sec , Building a team for next year , need the right coach first , love them or hate them the Storm last night were not in that game first half ...... The just kept in touch with Souths , then when the got more ball they turned it around ..... I for one love the way they play , they can adapt to any game , team , to be within range to win .... If that was us first half game over ..... So it will be a loooong time before we are anywhere near them , if we ever will .....

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Just off topic for a sec , Building a team for next year , need the right coach first , love them or hate them the Storm last night were not in that game first half ...... The just kept in touch with Souths , then when the got more ball they turned it around ..... I for one love the way they play , they can adapt to any game , team , to be within range to win .... If that was us first half game over ..... So it will be a loooong time before we are anywhere near them , if we ever will .....
Bellamy is very good coach no doubt but a lot of that stuff also comes about when you share the field with Cam Smith. His calm, patient talk on field is like having an on field master coach. He is very smart and when he talks people listen because you name the situation he’s been in it and got through it.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
I honestly don’t think we need to buy any wingers. Rava is progressing well, Lomax has cemented his spot. With Aitken gone JP will look a lot better. We have Wiliame and Max Feagai vying for that left centre spot. Ramsey isn’t far away from a debut, we have Mat Feagai and young Sloan coming through who looks outstanding to me. Plus Schiller will be ready soon enough and word is he’s pretty handy too. I think with our mix of solid backups and rising talent we can start to build a solid backline if managed correctly.

Right on FCD.

I'm excited about our backs coming through - I see really quality.

We need to focus on getting our forwards sorted, I'm not aware of any young forwards coming through that could be considered genuine NRL stars in the making. If we haven't, then we need to recruit forwards to set the platform for our backs succeed.

Last edited:

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Agree, their base line is way above our best performance line.

1. Dufty
2. J.P
3. M. Fegai
4. Lomax
5. Rav
6. Sullivan
7. Clune
8. Kerr
9. Hunt
10. Vaughn
11. Sims
12. Ford
13. McInnes

14. Lawrie
15. Bird
16. Fuimaono (contentious)
17. Faamausili

Notes: unfortunately for Ramsey, our forwards are too small to carry light wingers. So JP and Rav are their to get us going forward with their leg drive after Dufty gets pushed back 5m. If Dufty isn't getting the job done, maybe Ramsey to FB. Yes I am done with Hunt and Norman as halves.

Last edited:

Walpole

Juniors
With what we have so far...
1.Dufty
2.Ramsey
3.Lomax
4.Bird
5.Feagai
6.Sullivan
7.Hunt
8.Vaughan
9.McInnes
10.Faamausili
11.Ford
12.Sims
13.Lawrie
14.Ravalawa
15.Fuimaono
16.Alvaro
17.Kerr

Banjo2014

Juniors
With what we have so far...
1.Dufty
2.Ramsey
3.Lomax
4.Bird
5.Feagai
6.Sullivan
7.Hunt
8.Vaughan
9.McInnes
10.Faamausili
11.Ford
12.Sims
13.Lawrie
14.Ravalawa
15.Fuimaono
16.Alvaro
17.Kerr
Walpole I like that team except for Fuimaono - good stuff

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
This isn’t the side I want but I think this is close to what we will get pending signings.
1.Dufty
2.Pereira
3.Wiliame
4.Lomax
5.Rava
6.Norman
7. Hunt
8.Vaughan
9.McInnes
10.Alvaro
11.Sims
12.Ford
13.Merrin
14.Bird
15.Faumausili
16.Kerr
17.Lawrie

Thats almost as disappointing a side as I can name and it’s still better that a team of Latimore, Graham, Lafai and Aitken. I just have a feeling the old conservative blokes will try to cram as much experience in the side as they can to start and have the young blokes nipping at the heels. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Old Timer

Coach
This isn’t the side I want but I think this is close to what we will get pending signings.
1.Dufty
2.Pereira
3.Wiliame
4.Lomax
5.Rava
6.Norman
7. Hunt
8.Vaughan
9.McInnes
10.Alvaro
11.Sims
12.Ford
13.Merrin
14.Bird
15.Faumausili
16.Kerr
17.Lawrie

Thats almost as disappointing a side as I can name and it’s still better that a team of Latimore, Graham, Lafai and Aitken. I just have a feeling the old conservative blokes will try to cram as much experience in the side as they can to start and have the young blokes nipping at the heels. Hopefully I’m wrong.
I think your side is almost spot on as to what the coaching staff will trot out Rd 1.

I think Ramsey will get a gig over JP & Lawrie might start at 13 with Merrin on the bench otherwise I concur 100%

Myself I would do it differently but suspect Hook will want some experience, mixed with youth and some put on notice by leaving them out.

With the sort often he caters to all facets of the roster, the old, the new, the up and coming.

Some bait for all the fish in the respective ponds.

redVinme

Juniors
Round 1 I'd probs have

1.Dufty
2.Ramsey
3.Lomax
4.Feagai
5.Rav 4
6.Sullivan
7.Hunt
8.Vaughan
9.McInnes
10.Alvaro
11.Ford
12.Sims
13.Lawrie
14.Faamausili
15.kerr
16.Fuimaono
17.bird

Bird to lock
Laurie into prop rotation as an extra man to keep them fresh.

The two quicker props off the bench to lift the tempo.

Fui to replace Sims or Ford as needed.

redv13

Bench
Round 1 I'd probs have

1.Dufty
2.Ramsey
3.Lomax
4.Feagai
5.Rav 4
6.Sullivan
7.Hunt
8.Vaughan
9.McInnes
10.Alvaro
11.Ford
12.Sims
13.Lawrie
14.Faamausili
15.kerr
16.Fuimaono
17.bird

Bird to lock

I’d be happy to see that 1-17 round 1

SnowDragon

Juniors
Round 1 I'd probs have

1.Dufty
2.Ramsey
3.Lomax
4.Feagai
5.Rav 4
6.Sullivan
7.Hunt
8.Vaughan
9.McInnes
10.Alvaro
11.Ford
12.Sims
13.Lawrie
14.Faamausili
15.kerr
16.Fuimaono
17.bird

Bird to lock

I’m not so far from this one Vinnie

FB- great development by Dufty last year. Super impressed with the additional ball skills (passing and kicking), and I thought he hardened up. Confidence player yes, and needs to still work on toughness and the high ball, but not even a question to start imho. (Ramsey could be considered longer term, but I am happy with him on a wing. Normon in a pinch... a big one lol).

Wingers- Mat Fegai and JP are in the calculation, but RAV4 finished well last year and I hope he has made progress, and I’m excited about Ramsey, especially a bit bulked up and with an extra intense off season.

Centres- spot on my choice. Williame worries me with his defence but is a decent backup. Maybe Normon (sorry guys) or Bird, even Mat Fegai etc. Are all wot]4th shots at some point, but Lomax and Mad Max are clear 1st choices for me.

halves- hunt is in for me, just need to get the game plan and focus in place. I still think he is class, even if overpaid. Sullivan super impressed me and would get the other jumper, but I am concerned about his size and age combo... Hook needs to make a call on that (more time in cc maybe?). Clune needs to come out of his shell a little and own the side if he takes the other jumper. Solid 1st backup who maybe should start. Normon... no thanks. Done with him in the halves. Play him at lock, at 14 maybe or just happily relegate him to cc to play out his year unless he really impresses at training /cc in which case a last season may be ok so he can secure a contract some other place.

props- happy with your 4, though I’d probably start Kerr, and split the older heads. Mcininnis obviously between them

back row- Sims and probably Ford in the 2nd row. Bird and fuimiano as backup
Lock, Bird if he is fit enough, otherwise I’d be happy with the Laurie option to start, the. Sub him into the prop rotation.

I do like the idea of Sims fui Ford bird , together with 5 props... 3 mobile guys that can fill in in the backs if needed, together with the size we need.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
I will chicken out and hedge my bets. Too much unknown yet to see and judge their style they play
I will name my full 17 after Charity Shield after watching live,
Even at that stage my pick still might not be the run on side in Week 1.
The only 7 players I am certain at this stage barring injury will be is Dufty 1, Lomax 4, Hunt 7, Vaughan 10, Cam 9, Sims 12, Bird 13 or 14

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Round 1 I'd probs have

1.Dufty
2.Ramsey
3.Lomax
4.Feagai
5.Rav 4
6.Sullivan
7.Hunt
8.Vaughan
9.McInnes
10.Alvaro
11.Ford
12.Sims
13.Lawrie
14.Faamausili
15.kerr
16.Fuimaono
17.bird

Bird to lock

That’s close to what I’d have unless we get a signing or two. Not impossible either as Alvaro was totally out of left field and is now starting in most of our sides.

Latest posts