What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 2021 semi realistic sides

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I will chicken out and hedge my bets. Too much unknown yet to see and judge their style they play
I will name my full 17 after Charity Shield after watching live,
Even at that stage my pick still might not be the run on side in Week 1.
The only 7 players I am certain at this stage barring injury will be is Dufty 1, Lomax 4, Hunt 7, Vaughan 10, Cam 9, Sims 12, Bird 13 or 14
I would definitely play Bird at 14, he needs a good slow introduction.

St Tangles

Bench
1 Dufty
2 Ramsey
3 Lomax
4 Fegai
5 Rav
6 Sullivan
7 Hunt
8 Vaughan
9 McInnes (C)
10 Faamausili
11 Ford
12 Sims
13 Bird

14 Lawrie
15 Kerr
16 Alvaro
17 Norman

TomRedVRiver

Bench
This isn’t the side I want but I think this is close to what we will get pending signings.
1.Dufty
2.Pereira
3.Wiliame
4.Lomax
5.Rava
6.Norman
7. Hunt
8.Vaughan
9.McInnes
10.Alvaro
11.Sims
12.Ford
13.Merrin
14.Bird
15.Faumausili
16.Kerr
17.Lawrie

Thats almost as disappointing a side as I can name and it’s still better that a team of Latimore, Graham, Lafai and Aitken. I just have a feeling the old conservative blokes will try to cram as much experience in the side as they can to start and have the young blokes nipping at the heels. Hopefully I’m wrong.

I've never been the biggest fan of Hook, but one thing he's always been good at is giving young players their debut.

He's been hyping our young guys since he arrived, I don't see him going back on that and taking the conservative approach by picking the experienced players.

Crush

Coach
This isn’t the side I want but I think this is close to what we will get pending signings.
1.Dufty
2.Pereira
3.Wiliame
4.Lomax
5.Rava
6.Norman
7. Hunt
8.Vaughan
9.McInnes
10.Alvaro
11.Sims
12.Ford
13.Merrin
14.Bird
15.Faumausili
16.Kerr
17.Lawrie

Thats almost as disappointing a side as I can name and it’s still better that a team of Latimore, Graham, Lafai and Aitken. I just have a feeling the old conservative blokes will try to cram as much experience in the side as they can to start and have the young blokes nipping at the heels. Hopefully I’m wrong.
Geez that backline would be depressing wouldn't it? The Hook Hook thread would be started within minutes of the team announcement.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I've never been the biggest fan of Hook, but one thing he's always been good at is giving young players their debut.

He's been hyping our young guys since he arrived, I don't see him going back on that and taking the conservative approach by picking the experienced players.
A few of my Panthers mates tell me he’s good at giving them a go at the right time. I was just naming the most conservative team I could do any smokies are a pleasant surprise but a few notes. I can’t see him giving Sullivan a run early and wouldn’t be shocked to see Ramsey be made wait, I know he loves his size. Although Ramsey did meet his goals. I think it’s a given our halves will Hunt and Norman to start the year. He will make Sullivan earn his spot I reckon and put on some size.

BLM01

First Grade
A few of my Panthers mates tell me he’s good at giving them a go at the right time. I was just naming the most conservative team I could do any smokies are a pleasant surprise but a few notes. I can’t see him giving Sullivan a run early and wouldn’t be shocked to see Ramsey be made wait, I know he loves his size. Although Ramsey did meet his goals. I think it’s a given our halves will Hunt and Norman to start the year. He will make Sullivan earn his spot I reckon and put on some size.
Norman is not a given. He too has to earn his start in Round 1 through pre-season and trials.
Has some good competition opened up to him by the coaches..which is new for our club in recent times.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Norman is not a given. He too has to earn his start in Round 1 through pre-season and trials.
Has some good competition opened up to him by the coaches..which is new for our club in recent times.
I just heard an interview with Hook stating how impressed with Norman he’s been. All I can say is I will reserve judgment on any players until I see them play after a Hook off season and new game plan.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
With respect only the ex bald one would carry a winger as our 14
We are very well stocked with 14’s atm. With Bird, Ford and Fuimaono all able to cover outside backs and forwards. Bird also can cover 5/8 or Fullback. Then we have two blokes that can play 9, and fullback is well covered by Ramsey and Lomax if needed. It’s a versatile side. Long story short we should have no centre’s or 5/8s on the bench this season.

BLM01

First Grade
I just heard an interview with Hook stating how impressed with Norman he’s been. All I can say is I will reserve judgment on any players until I see them play after a Hook off season and new game plan.
So he should. He is playing for his next contract, a coach that wont accept mediocrity and he was dropped in his last game. I'd fire up in pre-season too.

BLM01

First Grade
I have never seen Hook being interviewed so much by the media.
He used to be so dry and say little not that long ago.
I think its great. Wait till he watches his NRL side play. He might get his cranky face on again. :mad:.
Wonder how impressed he will be with Norman then.

Crush

Coach
I sort of agree but not quite as high a %. I am at 51%. I am still thinking someone else might outshine between now and March.
I just don't see how Norman can pull himself back from where his form was at last year.
He looked slow. Everything slowed down and got clunky when he touched the ball. He had nothing.
You look at guys like Dufty, Hunt, Tariq and although they were hot and cold they showed flashes of being brilliant players. There is hope for them, they can turn it around.
With Norman I just don't see it. He was a handy player in his early 20s. Now he is just a slow, predictable, seemingly disinterested cash grabber.
My prediction for Norman, he'll retire in reserve grade at end of season.

The Badger

Juniors
I just don't see how Norman can pull himself back from where his form was at last year.
He looked slow. Everything slowed down and got clunky when he touched the ball. He had nothing.
You look at guys like Dufty, Hunt, Tariq and although they were hot and cold they showed flashes of being brilliant players. There is hope for them, they can turn it around.
With Norman I just don't see it. He was a handy player in his early 20s. Now he is just a slow, predictable, seemingly disinterested cash grabber.
My prediction for Norman, he'll retire in reserve grade at end of season.
I really cant see the sense in selecting someone who has played dismally for 2 seasons in favor of a new prospect who may be very good.Pick Sullivan or Bird as first five eighth in trials and see if Norman can take the position from him.That should provide the motivation to see if he is any good.I dont want to endure a heap of poor games from Norman before he is dropped.

possm

Coach
I really cant see the sense in selecting someone who has played dismally for 2 seasons in favor of a new prospect who may be very good.Pick Sullivan or Bird as first five eighth in trials and see if Norman can take the position from him.That should provide the motivation to see if he is any good.I dont want to endure a heap of poor games from Norman before he is dropped.
I think Griffin will select the best player for the team. If it is Norman then it will give Sullivan a chance to smash it in Canterbury Cup and Bird some time to gain confidence and match fitness off the bench.

My preference would be a fit Bird at 6 and Sullivan at 7 however, that combination would only happen if McInnes moves on for season 2022 and Hunt moves to 9.

The Badger

Juniors
I think Griffin will select the best player for the team. If it is Norman then it will give Sullivan a chance to smash it in Canterbury Cup and Bird some time to gain confidence and match fitness off the bench.

My preference would be a fit Bird at 6 and Sullivan at 7 however, that combination would only happen if McInnes moves on for season 2022 and Hunt moves to 9.
I like the Bird ,Sullivan option as well.Why cant Hunt be 14.State of Origin coaches like him there.That covers half,five eighth,hooker replacements which is three quarters of the spine.

BLM01

First Grade
I like the Bird ,Sullivan option as well.Why cant Hunt be 14.State of Origin coaches like him there.That covers half,five eighth,hooker replacements which is three quarters of the spine.
Because you dont pay an NRL player 950-975K per year to sit on the bench.
Either he fires in a spine position where those positions dictate the higher $$$.
You either cut them, offload them or make him want to leave as they did to McCantCoach putting them in a position of trying to make them comfortable being uncomfortable as Mc85 was with the selection committee.
He did not practice what he preached..thankfully.