What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 | Knights 14-15 Dragons* @ Hunter Stadium | Thu 1st March @ 7.35pm

R1 result :: Knights vs Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The same Cuthbo who scored a try and made the one on one strip to almost get you past the Broncos last year Cleary 89? Short memories you Dragons supporters. Oh but that was last year right?

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yeah mate I agree, Cuthbo was pretty good. I think most are just focusing on the dropped balls. Funny how Zeb is getting off so easy though, seeing as his lead to the FG and was pretty frickin soft.

billy2

Juniors
Cuthbo seemed very rusty, but he put in big minutes and i really liked the lines he was running off Bedsy. Oddly, he seemed to be the player who was working best with Bedsy. A lot of the other guys seemed to be working off a different play sheet.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Faas was our best forward out there by a mile. If he keeps up that sort of work ethic he won't be knocking on the door for Origin, he'll be smashing the door off it's bloody hinges. Too bad he's a Queenslander.

IanG

Coach
Also why was it that on the 5th Tackle they kept kicking straight down Nightingale's Throat? He has those for breakfast every time

Dragon2010

First Grade
You guys are looking too much into this. It's the first game of the season it's always going to take a while to break everything in work out our combinations and get on the field. The pace and tempo of a trial game is so much different then a real competition game. There are going to be errors in the game, people are going to be a rusty. Don't be so harsh and critical they will improve.

It's going to take time to adapt to the Bennett method. Same as it did for us. You have to remember one thing. Bennett did not just come along and turn our team into a prermiership side in the blink of an eye. It was progress building it took him a while to work the squad work out whos good for what and so on. Most of your team is still stuck on the old coach method. It will take them a while to change their habits and adapt to Bennetts style of play it's not like they can do it overnight. Nor is the same for Bennett he did not just come along and say "Okay, Keep your old coaching method I'm just gonna be here". He has to work with the team.

All this takes time. Don't expect miracles overnight and don't expect to blow teams out of the park just yet. You will be a strong but like anything good it will take time.

Looking at it. You guys actually played very good yesterday for your first official game. You look sharp and defense wise you are strong. Don't be so judgemental and dependant on one game. You think they did shit. Then you get out there and do a better job.

Plenty of improvement in the knights..Not so sure about the dragons tho..Tho really forwards have 2 jobsThats to go forward and dont lose the ball...Cutherbertson cost us with that bloody lost ball

Joker's Wild

Coach
And Zeb didn't?

Seriously, how is he getting off so lightly around here? I love the bloke too but his dropped ball was at least as bad, if not worse than Cuthbos mistakes.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I'm with Dragon2010 when he says we shouldn't be too critical of the Knights performance last night. Yes we need to see significant improvement right across the team, but there's no point singling out individual players for a few dropped balls in fairly wet and humid conditions. It will take time for Bennett to get his structures in place and I wasn't expecting us to go out there last night and play like the NRL equivalent of Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls. The one thing I did notice was we didn't really fade out towards the back end there. If anything I think our intensity actually lifted after a woeful first half effort. That's a positive sign.

Also it doesn't help when the usual suspects are hanging s*** on our team after we lost by a point in golden time during round 1. Including this Drongo f***wit who obviously feels threatened enough by our team to come in here and offer his utterly worthless opinion...

Gidley is your teams problem...

News flash genius. We've got a lot of improvement in us and we're going to get better. When we do, we'll be gunning for you. I realise you must feel pretty damn insecure now that Gravelmouth is gone and you've installed Third Man In as "captain" but we don't need to hear from you. I realise every Drongo fan has this sense of entitlement that their team will always be up the top end of the ladder, but nothing good lasts forever cupcake. I will be there in person at Suncorp Stadium when our vastly improved squad arrives and if we win, I'm going to ram it down your throat.

jbl31649

Juniors
Impressed by Joel Edwards and Young Mckinnon. Great futures for these fellows. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in Sky Blue in the future.

Bit of slow start for you Knights though. Still I think after a couple of rounds your attack will be better. Just need a bit more enthusiasm both in attack and defence.

Good start to the season for footy though, very entertaining match.

aqua_duck

Coach
The Taia lost ball was the difference in the end. Zeb dropped it on the halfway line on the 2nd tackle, if we had held the ball that set we would've surely been in field goal range by the end of the set.
TBH I thought McKinnon outplayed Taia and Houston. House I thought was rusty, missed a few tackles (the one on DeBelin stands out) and in the 2nd half he got dominated in one on one tackles by Jamie Soward a few times, a 6'5 105kg forward should not be getting dominated by Jamie Soward in a one on one tackle. Taia was quite poor IMO, still lacking match fitness IMO.

Johns Magic

Referee
The Taia lost ball was the difference in the end. Zeb dropped it on the halfway line on the 2nd tackle, if we had held the ball that set we would've surely been in field goal range by the end of the set.
TBH I thought McKinnon outplayed Taia and Houston. House I thought was rusty, missed a few tackles (the one on DeBelin stands out) and in the 2nd half he got dominated in one on one tackles by Jamie Soward a few times, a 6'5 105kg forward should not be getting dominated by Jamie Soward in a one on one tackle. Taia was quite poor IMO, still lacking match fitness IMO.

Zeb had a shocker. His couple of missed tackles in the opening 20 minutes gave the Dragons the momentum.

KempoKnight

Juniors
I thought Costigan was extremely poor last night. At the game I barely noticed him at all. Not even sure if I saw him run the ball at all.

KempoKnight

Juniors
Probably the less minutes and I was pretty distracted at times but the toothless ( Im serious ) dragons supporter screaming at the ref every 3 seconds :(