What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 | Knights 14-15 Dragons* @ Hunter Stadium | Thu 1st March @ 7.35pm

R1 result :: Knights vs Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Waiting to see if Gus actually gets the interview with Bennett on the Footy Show tonight ...

RABK

Referee
Dunno yosh, but the rangas definitely need a good nickname. Something better than the generic 'bash bros'

As i said those rating the hell out of cuthbo should uppercut themselves, i'll uppercut myself for saying edwards should miss our top 17. He does lack a running game as i said, but his defense turns momentum and lifts his team. He was great tonight.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Just wondering for our next game if it's possible for Costigan to go into the front row, Hilder to lock and Roberts/Stig onto the bench depending on how they're going with their injuries?

Yosh

Coach
I don't think i saw an offload from Cuthbo all night... If that's his forte and he did't use it than what's the ppont of having him in the side? Tui would have offered more tonight.

On Bedsy:

He still has it. It was a stroke of genius by WB to bring him back. He didn't miss a beat, made some fantastic tackles, straightened up our attack, gave direction to our play and his pressure on kicks was first class.

The WesUate combo looks dangerous. I use the word "looks" because it's not effective yet... Hopefully soon WB will have the WesUate combo actually BEING dangerous in games.

IanG

Coach
Disappointed with tonight. Our performance can best be described as rusty.

Worst part was I had this arsehole sitting in front of me. Get this. He was cheering for the Dragons yet had a Knights Season Ticket and lanyard round his neck. I'll be keeping my eye on this drop kick to see what's doing theer or if he's just one of those dickheads who shows up at a club's home games and just cheers for whoever the home team are playing.

Hating Golden Point right about now. But it was more of the same where it was the 1%ers that let us down.

Jono078

Referee
Pretty average game.

I never understood why everyone was so excited by Cuthbertson, he isn't starting front row calibre, can be a good benchie on his day.

Was unreal seeing Buderus play for us again and even Tahu a bit.

Alex28

Coach
Just wondering for our next game if it's possible for Costigan to go into the front row, Hilder to lock and Roberts/Stig onto the bench depending on how they're going with their injuries?

This is just a waste of a bench spot. Bedsy wasn't the problem tonight. We just don't have 80 minutes of effort in us. That hasn't changed. We play for 80, we win. We hang on to the ball, we win. We did neither.

League_God

Juniors
Buderus made 40 tackles and missed none. He was one of our best tonight. Apart from Eddy, McKinnon and Faaso our forwards are absolute cream puffs. WTF is all this Houston love? So many times tonight nightingale ran straight at him and houston shirt grabbed. Uate was the most dangerous player on the field as always. Boyd had a great game. He will be HUUGEEE for us. Wes failed to provide Aku with anything. Mullen was solid. Gidley was solid. Cuthbo was pathetic. McManus was brilliant, his best game since getting injured. Side next week.

1.Darius Boyd
2.James McManus
3.Wes Naquima
4.Timana Tahu
5.Aku Uate
6.Mullen
7.Gidley
8.Faaso
9.Bedsy
10.Snowden
11.Zeb Taia
12.Houston
13.Nev Costigan

14.Hilder
15.Eddy
16.McKinnon
17.Tetevano

RABK

Referee
None of our forwards are used to Buderus flat style it seemed, or simply forgot their off season training. He always gives the ball as close to the advantage line as possible to draw numbers off the intended ball carrier. It produces big metres up the middle.

Our forwards stood and ran from very deep and this negated our gameplan IMO. Snowden slowly adjusted his run to recieve the ball flat but for the most part the forwards just got belted running into a fast dragons line.

Perhaps the lack of cohesion in the ruck is what Bennett is so hot about in the sheds.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
This is just a waste of a bench spot. Bedsy wasn't the problem tonight. We just don't have 80 minutes of effort in us. That hasn't changed. We play for 80, we win. We hang on to the ball, we win. We did neither.
I didn't say Buderus was the problem. He clearly wasn't. It was more a way of getting Cuthbertson out of the team (for now) and giving us an option of not having Gidley in the halves...

Joker's Wild

Coach
Cuthbo had at least 3 offloads I saw Yosh

Aku got zero clean ball all game. Wes ran at every opportunity, it was like he needed to make up for the lack of Sau

No shame in losing to a side like the Dragons in GP. Plenty to take from and improve

rabble

Juniors
Startin props were no good, cuthbo did'nt come good till 60th min, interchange player, no more, even than he spilt the ball at a crucial time. Did'nt look good defensively till subs came on, Hilder, Mck and Edwards. Attack looked pretty similar to standard Knights stuff. Hopefully Bedsy comes on, Hilder looked good and the attack looked better with him on the field. Might play more mins in future. WB not gonna front up.

Jono078

Referee
Where the f**k is this Wayne Bennett interview. Only reason I'm still watching this shit.

Alex28

Coach
I didn't say Buderus was the problem. He clearly wasn't. It was more a way of getting Cuthbertson out of the team (for now) and giving us an option of not having Gidley in the halves...

You want to replace Cuthbertson with a half?

I don't get it. You only bring a half on to the bench if you have doubts over Mullen, Gidley or Buderus. All 3 went alright.

What about Tui for Cuthbo?

rabble

Juniors
Hard to pick a prop to drop, Cuthbo should be ther, but on the bench, Faas might have to start the games. Pretty much use the same team otherwise, more mins for Hilder.Whoa, here he is.

cleary89

Coach
Any one know what happened to the guy out the front post game? Some pretty intense cpr being performed. Hope he's ok.