What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 @Penrith

aussies1st

Staff member
Despite the two injuries plus Campo being eased back that looks like a good side. Backline is exciting as is the forward pack.

Paullyboy

Coach
I'd rather white start ahead of tilse, I don't trust his hands early on. Having said that, we all know the team Furner names and the team that runs on is never the same.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if one of Croker/Dugan plays and Mcillwrick starts with white

Raider_69

Post Whore
Tilse is better starter than he is a benchy

Wighton i think is a long term centre in the jamie lyon mould. Capable of playing #6 but all things going perfect Milford is our #6 long term
Wighton is a footballer, and i love him at centre, play making abilities at that position are worth their weight in gold

hard to say this, because we are notoriously bad starters and also poor favourite winners and its round 1 which is an absolute crap shoot, but we should get it done against penrith. We are clearly a much better football team on paper, talent and form.

It will be a very bitter start to the season if it doesnt end with a W

Choc Magic

Juniors
Croker wont get dropped , he would have to be in some terrible form.

If Wighton was to come into the team , it would be a winger losing his spot and that player would be Robinson.

I have watched every minute Wighton has played, and imo he is yet to do anything to make me think he is ahead of anybody in our starting team!

I also believe Robbo is streets ahead of Earl in ability/speed general freakishness, If a winger was to be dropped I think it would be Earl before Robbo!

Paullyboy

Coach
Yeah I'm not sure where people have got the idea that robbo has any threat to his spot at all, he'd be one of the first backs picked.

legend

Coach
Robinson is a great finisher but I find his lack of urgency in defence a concern. In the semi final loss to Souths, he was atrocious!

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Definitely a great finisher. My only problem is that he doesn't get involved enough when he plays on the wing.

That's one of the things I love about Wighton. He's always coming in and looking for work. Loves being around the ball.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yeah Robinsons not great at running the ball out our end which is a ludicrously important skill for a modern day winger. It was an area we missed vidot who was excellent at it. Earl does well in that area

I agree with the above 2 posts , thats why Id have Earl over RR .

RR didn't take part in the opposed training sessions today.

Cryptic

Juniors
Back to the forwards, in regards to who should start I think the current lineup is right. I would consider Shillington and White our best props but because of that I'm a big fan of splitting their time on the field... So many teams have their best two on there and then 20m in they swap to the bench and their forwards fall flat.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I just hope they're all firing this year. If all 4 are in good form then we have one of, if not the best front row rotation in the league.

Would love it if TLL got back to his best. I'm not sure what was going on last year but he just looked disinterested.

legend

Coach
I'd rather Nicholls over TLL on a permanent basis. TLL should head up the Hume to Parra Stadium.

Cryptic

Juniors
I have to say I think South's have the front row to beat this year... They were on fire last night. That said South's don't have our backline so I think we are a stronger unit accross the park. More than anything this year is going to rely on our #9... I would love Berrigan and McIllwrick to make it their own before Butriss is back on deck which may see him trying to push for a first grade spot from the Mounties.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Raiders and Panthers have played 61 times for 30 wins apiece and 1 draw,safe to say this game is going right down to the buzzer

Raiders with a try in the last few mins to win 22-18

Choc Magic

Juniors
Yeah Robinsons not great at running the ball out our end which is a ludicrously important skill for a modern day winger. It was an area we missed vidot who was excellent at it. Earl does well in that area

Would love to see some stats to support your claim, or is it just your opinion?

You totally lost me when you gave Vidot a wrap!! :lol:

Choc Magic

Juniors
Definitely a great finisher. My only problem is that he doesn't get involved enough when he plays on the wing.

That's one of the things I love about Wighton. He's always coming in and looking for work. Loves being around the ball.

Thats because Jack is naturally a Centre - 5/8 (and probably 3rd in line for each)

Not having a dig, but Robbo is statistically our best Winger.... and our second best fullback

Earl has a great combo's going with Fergi (and I have no doubt he could fill in in the forwards)

Latest posts