What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 team to face the Raiders

maple_69

Bench
Two positives for me was the ball movement and Mckendry's performance. Work to do yet but looks lke both are heading in the right direction.

Big Mick

Referee
Our two biggest weaknesses last year was fringe attack and impact off the bench.

Both were fantastic today.

All the new boys were fantastic.

The effort was just unreal. Haven't seen that commitment in defence in a long time.

We are on our way to being massive headaches to teams in this comp.

The OX

Juniors
Pissed me off that they scored so easily once they made i into our red zone....twice

Fecking glad we came came home with the marbles.

franklin2323

Immortal
Big Mick. Don't get me wrong it's was a good win. Not many errors. Did the little things right & great attitude. Despite all of that we struggled to setup tries.

If Williams makes that tackle on Segeyaro - no try.Dugan gets that grubber Coote doesn't score.
The ball doesn't get chucked to Plum - no try

It's 2 tries all despite how dominate we were on another day it's 12all. Things like going short to Brown with Whare behind him with 2 outside him. Getting a repeat set for Coote & Whare to kick on the 2nd tackle.

So by all means it's great to celebrate the win. We aren't perfect yet & should be aiming for that.

anjado

Juniors
Player ratings

Dean Whare (7) - Played well i thought he looked composed and solid.

Josh Mansour (7.5) - Played well as he usually does he is undoubtedly our best back.

Wes Naiqama (7) - Looked very sharp i am surprised he did so well.

Geoff Daniela (6) - Solid

David Simmons (7) - Played quite well.

Lachlan Coote (5.5) - He did some things well and other things he did poorly last play options etc. Looked very much like a player who hasn't yet learned how to play five eighth.

Luke Walsh (7) - Thought he did okay should run at the line more but probably never will, he controlled the game and did alright.

Sam McKendry (7.5) - Had a very good game and was back to his best made plenty of ground. Hopefully he can keep up this level of performance it is a big year for him.

Kevin Kingston (6.5) - Didn't do anything wrong and was solid as he always is.

Tim Grant (7) - Good first up performance especially in defence, along with McKendry he helped set the platform for today's victory.

Sika Manu (7) - Looked dangerous when he had the ball and played better than Adam Blair at his new club which had me worried.

Lewis Brown (7) - Solid asked to fill in at centre too and he did a decent job made a brilliant last ditch tackle to stop Ferguson.

Nathan Smith (7) - Solid and dependable as he always is.

Bench

James Segeyaro (7.5) - Provides great spark and energy from dummy half basically a big upgrade on Nafe Seluini who was decent but Segeyaro is one of the best impact players in the NRL.

Nigel Plum (6.5) - I thought he was a bit slow to react to McCrone's try other than that he did well and i like him as a player. Good to see him get a try also.

Clint Newton (5) - I thought he was okay but our attack looked far worse when he was on the fringes he is too slow to be a fringe attacker at an NRL club.

Jeremy Latimore (6.5) - I thought he did well was lucky to get away with a clear knock on. but he did his job well and made good ground he also threw a great offload to Coote in the first half.

To sum up we played quite well no one played particularly badly and nobody was really outstanding.

To win by 20+ whilst our attack was sloppy is a good sign i was impressed with how well we defended in the opposition's half of the field.

marty65

Juniors
Great start to the season for the Panthers (and me too!...:cool:).
I made a killing with the TAB on us winning, and also winning 13+.
Bit rusty in attack (thats understandable at this stage), but I give the team 9 out of 10 for defence, effort and discipline. All the new buys looked good...especially Sika and Brown (what 2 great signings!!!???). Had a brief chat with Cleary at the club after the game. I thanked him for my winnings...LOL. His comment was that it was an OK effort, but there's plenty of room for improvement. Like his attitude!!!

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah the Sharks showed last year. You turn up every week you wont get beat often.

So we have to keep that attitude up & come up with some set plays or something to get the ball over the line.

Good that Cleary knows we need to keep improving.