What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Team

Cheops

Juniors
^ that's the team I'd go with except Ikahihifo instead of Henry. I thought he looked very good last night and made a difference when he came on. Only thing is that's not the first time he's made an error trying to play the ball too quickly. He just needs to take an extra half a second and do it properly, but otherwise I think he's going to be a very special player.

One Warrior

Bench
So the following appear to be out:

Sione Lousi
Sam Lousi
Packer
Johnson
Tuimavave

Don't know about Locke, Mara, Benry. Could be all troops to the battlelines if those three are ruled out too.

1 Locke
2 Fisiiahi
3 Hurrell
4 Neilsen
5 Vatuvei
6 Leuluai
7 Godinet
8 Sam Rapira
9 Taylor
10 Matulino
11 Mannering (C)
12 Mateo
13 Lowrie

Interchange

Henry
Mara
Lillyman
Steve Rapira

Who else really is there? Ikahihifo, Tupou, Seijka (he didn't suit up either so guessing he's injured too?), Peyroux, Gubb... who else is there?

Locke is not injured, or certainly wasn't mentioned in Warriors report of the match which detailed Johnson & Tuimavave 's injuries. Mara & Henry's injuries are possibly not as serious as the rest and therefore could be available first round, Seijka is injured (do not know how seriously). Based on all that, your team is what I would pick, maybe just swap Mara as starter if available and Taylor on bench.

Rebel

First Grade
what about something like this? Not sure if im sold on mateo at 6 but its an option.

1 Locke
2 Fishiahii
3 Hurrell
4 Nielson
5 Vatuvei
6 Mateo
7 Leuluai
8 Lillyman
9 Mara
10 Matulino
11 Taylor
12 Mannering
13 Lowrie

14 Godinet
15 Ikahahifo
16 Rapira
17 Rapira

vvvrulz

Coach
what about something like this? Not sure if im sold on mateo at 6 but its an option.

1 Locke
2 Fishiahii
3 Hurrell
4 Nielson
5 Vatuvei
6 Mateo
7 Leuluai
8 Lillyman
9 Mara
10 Matulino
11 Taylor
12 Mannering
13 Lowrie

14 Godinet
15 Ikahahifo
16 Rapira
17 Rapira

I like that actually, Mateo has potential in the #6 and he showed some of that last year.
For me though as long as Taylor is nowhere near the #9 jersey I'll be happy.

Rebel

First Grade
I like that actually, Mateo has potential in the #6 and he showed some of that last year.
For me though as long as Taylor is nowhere near the #9 jersey I'll be happy.

My thoughts exactly. But if Mara is indeed injured, then theres no other options.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
6. Seijka7. Leuleuai
9. Godinet

Would be my best pick with the injuries we have ATM of course. Godinet and Leuleuai to interchange with each other if necessary.

ozbash

Referee
The guy who has been doing the player ratings during the trials has come up with this conclusion..
hope it works, if not just go to his link..

Warriors depth chart for round 1
The trial matches are done and dusted for 2013, with the start of the season less than two weeks away.
Ratings were assigned to each of the players in the last two trials (where Matt Elliot put out his NRL squad) and from there a depth chart was assembled below with the average rating each player gained.
Shaun Johnson

The chart is not without it’s faults. The fact that some players played two matches and some played one means there are inconsistencies at times, while the fact that some players were used in multiple positions also creates issues ie Feleti Mateo isn’t in the 17 according to depth chart but is almost certain to be in the team in reality.
However this should be a good gauge on who will start where come round one…

warriors-chart-pic1.jpg

http://rateofplay.wordpress.com/2013/02/26/warriors-depth-chart-for-round-1/

Diesel

Referee
There has to be some heavy heat on Tupou to perform, averaging 4.5

How's everyone feeling about round 1? If it wasn't for injuries I would be a little more confident. I would've perfered the Warriors played Parra after March as come round 1 they'll be wanting to prove a point and did so with the Warriors at EP a few seasons back, before the wheels fell off

hitman82

Bench
1 Locke
2 Fish
3 Hurrell
4 Nielsen
5 Vatuvei
6 Leuluai
7 Godinet
8 Rapira
9 Taylor
10 Matulino
11 Mannering
12 Martel
13 Lowrie

14 Mara
15 Lillyman
16 Gubb
17 Ikahihifo

Points of debate could be:
-Tupou over Fish... but I doubt it.
-Harry Siejka over Godinet. Apparently Harry has a good long kicking game. Personally I'd go with the devil I know over the devil I don't. Godinet has earnt a jersey through top trial form in my opinion.
-Taylor was good versus the Broncos. Some may prefer a Mara/Godinet rotation, or even Taylor/Godinet if Siejka does get the nod.
-Steve Rapira could get the jersey ahead of Gubb as our 4th prop.
-Henry could get in ahead of Ikahihifo, but I doubt it. We need impact.

tangalife

Juniors
Godinet has to be in the team somewhere, hes earned it plus hes severely underated.

And why do people need to bring his size into question (not this discussion, but others) has this not been proven over the years that size doesn't matter so much (see, P Campbell, Barba, Locke, Bowen and even some of the halves). He also tackles above his weight anyway (see, better than Johnson).

His only problem is what, lack of kicking game?

Iafeta

Referee
Defence is the issue. Kicking game is ok. When he's played out wider (not hooker for some reason) he seems to get trampled over. Good attacking player though.

beefstew

Juniors
Defence is the issue. Kicking game is ok. When he's played out wider (not hooker for some reason) he seems to get trampled over. Good attacking player though.

This^...at hooker he's got no stopping power, he just tries to hang on and let the big boys around him do the grunt work, but when he defends out wide he's little more than a speed bump, with a massive target on his jumper.

Latest posts