What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Team

Meth

Staff member
Manu's frustrating. I've written him off and called for his head at times. But, although he came up with a few blunders last year, he did a lot of good stuff too. And, let's be honest, we're struggling to find a replacement on the wing for Tupou- so I'd say Manu's safe.

Blair

Coach
Manu's frustrating. I've written him off and called for his head at times. But, although he came up with a few blunders last year, he did a lot of good stuff too. And, let's be honest, we're struggling to find a replacement on the wing for Tupou- so I'd say Manu's safe.

What gets me is how we can't seem to find a world class winger (to replace Tupou) with that pool of talent we must have around Auckland and beyond?

I remember living in Grey Lynn, there was a park there where touch footy was played on week nights. Some of the skills were amazing.

That's just one part of Auckland...it's the same up and down the country.

Iafeta

Referee
So... who's going to replace Sione Lousi? Sam Lousi? Steve Rapira? Rapira's a better defender, and slightly quicker off the mark, but Lousi had some great touches in a short spell last year.

Meth

Staff member
So... who's going to replace Sione Lousi? Sam Lousi? Steve Rapira? Rapira's a better defender, and slightly quicker off the mark, but Lousi had some great touches in a short spell last year.

Would have to be Rapira, wouldn't it?

I don't think Sam Lousi is a prop

broncos2010

Juniors
Johnson was shocking in all stars game guy looks like he has lost heaps of confidence last year and hopefully it does not carry in to this season for you guys as when he is on fire he can do magical stuff.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Johnson was shocking in all stars game guy looks like he has lost heaps of confidence last year and hopefully it does not carry in to this season for you guys as when he is on fire he can do magical stuff.

No he wasn't, he dropped one low-percentage ball and didn't really get any other chances to try much. He certainly didn't look any worse than Reynolds or Benji, the All Stars lacked cohesion in general.

spear tackle

Juniors
No he wasn't, he dropped one low-percentage ball and didn't really get any other chances to try much. He certainly didn't look any worse than Reynolds or Benji, the All Stars lacked cohesion in general.
I thought he did a good pass to Benji at one point but Marshall could'nt catch it. aspects from the allstars looked a little rusty.

Blair

Coach
I thought he did a good pass to Benji at one point but Marshall could'nt catch it. aspects from the allstars looked a little rusty.

This annual match is looking more and more like an Origin fixture - that is it means so much more to one side than the other.

That proposed nines tournament in NZ looks interesting. Talk is that it may take over from the above pre-season fixture.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Really think we should go Mara/Godinet in the hooking role. If not Mara/Leuleuai with Seijka or Tuimavave on the bench as backline/half utility.

The more and more I think about it I don't like Taylor in that position.

Rebel

First Grade
1 Locke
2 Tupou/Fishiahii
3 Hurrell
4 Nielson
5 Vatuvei
6 Leuluai
7 Johnson
8 Lillyman
9 Mara
10 Matulino
11 Mateo
12 Mannering
13 Lowrie

14 Godinet
15 Taylor
16 Rapira
17 Rapira

Team picks itself with the injuries. If Elliot picks Taylor at 9.... we may need to start our own disappreciation thread.

Rebel

First Grade
1 Locke
2 Tupou/Fishiahii
3 Hurrell
4 Nielson
5 Vatuvei
6 Leuluai
7 Johnson
8 Lillyman
9 Mara
10 Matulino
11 Mateo
12 Mannering
13 Lowrie

14 Godinet
15 Taylor
16 Rapira
17 Rapira

Team picks itself with the injuries. If Elliot picks Taylor at 9.... we may need to start our own disappreciation thread.

Saw nothing in the last trial to change my mind.

vvvrulz

Coach
Is Mara injured? Thought Godinet went fine at hooker.
Would rather see Fish in there than Topou, but otherwise we're pretty settled.

Iafeta

Referee
So the following appear to be out:

Sione Lousi
Sam Lousi
Packer
Johnson
Tuimavave

Don't know about Locke, Mara, Benry. Could be all troops to the battlelines if those three are ruled out too.

1 Locke
2 Fisiiahi
3 Hurrell
4 Neilsen
5 Vatuvei
6 Leuluai
7 Godinet
8 Sam Rapira
9 Taylor
10 Matulino
11 Mannering (C)
12 Mateo
13 Lowrie

Interchange

Henry
Mara
Lillyman
Steve Rapira

Who else really is there? Ikahihifo, Tupou, Seijka (he didn't suit up either so guessing he's injured too?), Peyroux, Gubb... who else is there?

Latest posts