What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Team

beefstew

Juniors
1- Locke
2- Fisiiahi
3- Nielsen
4- Hurrell
5- Vatuvei
6- Leuluai
7- Johnson
8- Sam Rapira
9- Mara
10- Matulino
11- Mateo
12- Mannering
13- Lowrie

Res- Sione Lousi, Lillyman, Tuimavave, Sam Lousi

You're seriously gonna have Vatuvei and Hurrell defending next to each other???:crazy::crazy::crazy: i hope you're going to put a bow on those tries that will gifted to the opposition.

Meth

Staff member
You're seriously gonna have Vatuvei and Hurrell defending next to each other???:crazy::crazy::crazy: i hope you're going to put a bow on those tries that will gifted to the opposition.

Yeah, I thought about that. I guess that I'm kind of resigned to having one side of the field being a bit of a liability. With Ropati, Johnson, Hurrell and Vatuvei (and, to a lesser extent, Mateo) in the side, defense is always going to be an issue. Besides, I'm not sure Fisiiahi/Hurrell would be any better?

Putting Mannering over that side (and not Johnson) on defense ought to help.

broncos2010

Juniors
I think the warriors really missed Luck last season it showed his massive workload was missing which you guys had in 11 when you got to the grand final.

Taylor tried to play that position but I don't see him as that type of player each team needs one of those guys that will go out there and make 40 tackles and 20 hit ups a game.

Guru_

Juniors

I hope so Loko and Sio would have a field day marking up against them. But it doesn't matter who gets named got rd 1 cause the warriors are gonna cop a 50pt hiding at the hands of the eels

DIMEAST

Juniors
I hope so Loko and Sio would have a field day marking up against them. But it doesn't matter who gets named got rd 1 cause the warriors are gonna cop a 50pt hiding at the hands of the eels

It was just a trial game mate don't blow your load yet. You boys are still picking wooden splinters outta your arses

Iafeta

Referee
I think the warriors really missed Luck last season it showed his massive workload was missing which you guys had in 11 when you got to the grand final.

Taylor tried to play that position but I don't see him as that type of player each team needs one of those guys that will go out there and make 40 tackles and 20 hit ups a game.

I can only assume you're not putting Luck in that category - Lucky would be lucky to get through 10 hit ups a month.

Meth

Staff member
I can only assume you're not putting Luck in that category - Lucky would be lucky to get through 10 hit ups a month.

All 10 of them would've been inside the opposition's 20 when we're hot on attack

Blair

Coach
All 10 of them would've been inside the opposition's 20 when we're hot on attack

Still, after the workload Luck put in every game (including covering for team mates going missing - plenty of that in 2012) surely we didn't expect him to run the ball out of our own 20 that often?

On the line-ups for the opening round. I've had the summer off from league (at last the Aussie east coast and NZ had a nice summer!) I notice everyone's put Vatuvei in his usual wing spot.

He was probably our most maligned player last season on this site, singled out for plenty of 'Manu's finished as a top draw winger' vibes. Yet here he is a sure thing on the wing, going against many predictions that he'd be in the forwards.

What's happened to him during the summer?

Rich102

Staff member
Still, after the workload Luck put in every game (including covering for team mates going missing - plenty of that in 2012) surely we didn't expect him to run the ball out of our own 20 that often?

On the line-ups for the opening round. I've had the summer off from league (at last the Aussie east coast and NZ had a nice summer!) I notice everyone's put Vatuvei in his usual wing spot.

He was probably our most maligned player last season on this site, singled out for plenty of 'Manu's finished as a top draw winger' vibes. Yet here he is a sure thing on the wing, going against many predictions that he'd be in the forwards.

I think the main thing we have seen is that he has lost weight and looks a lot fitter after his preparations for the "Fight for Life".

Iafeta

Referee

I don't see him as being finshed as a top draw winger at all. A powerful man with good speed with extremely good leaping ability is still an asset. Whats not an asset is handling errors and a lack of top end speed. My understanding is he's stripped back the kilos in the off season, and the boxing training can only have assisted in his actual speed/leg work. As for the handling, he's been through poor periods in the past and generally bounced back powerfully.

I'd back him for another season out there. There is no one fit to lace his boots at the Warriors as far as wingers go.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Please..Manu is a top class winger his record speaks for itself. Last year he was struggling with confidence and form and fitness as was the whole team (shown by our position on the ladder) but Manu is Manu and he will always be singled out.

Look forward to seeing him cut loose this year and make all the doubters/haters eat their words.

Iafeta

Referee
He scores a try once every .68 matches. The other three wingers from the test in Auckland score at a rate of .44 (Nightingale), .77 (Uate), .29 (Boyd). Obviously Boyd's different in that he plays fullback primarily, and he's more a playmaking type fullback, but its an interesting snapshot. He's the sort of player for mine that once his confidence is up he can easily rack up a 17-18 try season and be bashing up considerable metres in the mean time.

NZ_10c_Warriors

Juniors
i have faith in manu this year. hes a warriors legend and its unlikely they can develop anyone to be as good as manu has. under elliot i expect a 16 try year and 2nd in winger metres.

captainwarrior

Juniors
1. Locke
2. Peyroux
3. Hurrell
4. Nielsen
5. Vatuvei
6. Leuluai
7. Johnson
8. Rapira
9. Mara
10. Matulino
11. Mateo
12. Mannering
13. Lowrie

14. Tui/Ropati
15. Packer
16. Sione Lousi
17. Taylor

Blair

Coach
In the RSL tonight my mate Noel, who knows his league and proudly wears the new Warriors flame jersey, said we'll struggle this season cause we don't have a five-eight.

He doesn't rate Leuluai, saying his spell in England won't cut it here. It's not the first time I've heard this.

We've mentioned it here often.

Latest posts