What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ROUND 1 TEAM???

Morenito

Juniors
With only 9 days to go.. whats the most likly team to take the field next saturday nite?

we will know Tuesday, but whats ppls opinions
This is my team....

1 Luke Burt
2 Matt Petterson
3 Jamie Lyon
4 David Vaealiki
5 Eric Grothe
6 Adam Sykes
7 Michael Witt
8 Aaron Cannings
9 John Morris
10 Michael Vella
11 Nathan Hindmarsh
12 Nathan Cayless (c)
13 Daniel Wagon

14 Chris Thorman
15 Corey Pearson
16 Lee Hopkins
17 Justin Tsoulos

Stagger eel

Staff member
Any Parra supporer would tell you that we won't know who's playing until 6:30pm Saturday the 13th. The "mad scientist" will treat this one like a major semi and will play his usual ducks and drakes.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Thats the most likely team theyll have next Saturday, except Armit should play on the bench. People seem to forget him, suddenly hes come from being the next best thing to the forgotten player.

But Armit's a good player, he's the next best thing.

Hurriflatch

Referee
fair call with Armit but who would you drop

Hopkins?
Thorman?
Tsoulos?
Vella?
Pearson?

Tsoulos would seem most logical but in Smith's "I want big forwards" mood the 120 kg Tsoulos beats that 105 kg Armit.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
fair call with Armit but who would you drop

Hopkins?
Thorman?
Tsoulos?
Vella?
Pearson?

Tsoulos would seem most logical but in Smith's "I want big forwards" mood the 120 kg Tsoulos beats that 105 kg Armit.

You dont need "big forwards" to win games, Armit is still big but is a good workhorse and deserves to be in the team. I'd say its gotta be between Pearson and Tsolous, or even Thorman.

Thorman hasnt been playing much with Parramatta, I'd say trial him in Premier League with a few games. Hopkins is a good utility off the bench.

Would people stop talking about Thorman as if he was this great player which he is not. I saw him play in the 1st div trial and he did jack.

My team would be:

Burt
Grothe
Lyon
Vaeleki
Peterson
Dykes
Witt
Wagon
Hindmarsh
Cayless
Pearson
Moriss
Cannings

Hopkins
Vella
Armitt
Tsoulos

PARRA_FAN

Coach
PARRA_FAN said:
Thorman hasnt been playing much with Parramatta, I'd say trial him in Premier League with a few games. Hopkins is a good utility off the bench.

Jake the snake said:
Would people stop talking about Thorman as if he was this great player which he is not. I saw him play in the 1st div trial and he did jack.

That's why you better off trialing him in Premier League to start off with, he hasnt got used to these conditions yet.

Look at Morley before he started off as a nobody, and now hes made a big impact on the Roosters.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
1. Burt
2. Petterson
3. Lyon
4. Vaealiki
5. Grothe
6. Wagon
7. Dykes
8. Vella
9. Morris
10. Cannings
11. Cayless
12. Stapleton
13. Hindmarsh

14. Thorman
15. Tslsous
16. Pearson
17. Widders

Thorman has done will in his very limited time here.

Witt?? i have doubts.

Hurriflatch

Referee
1. Burt
2. Grothe
3. Lyon
4. Vaealiki
5. Petersen
6. Morris
7. Dykes
8. Pearson
9. Hopkins
10. Vella
11. Hindmarsh
12. Cayless (C)
13. Wagon

14. Witt
15. Cannings
16. Tsoulos
17. Armit

18. Webster
19. Stapleton
20. Widders

Hurriflatch

Referee
the fact that Dykes has played HB in all 3 trials kinda leads me to beleive he'll be there + the fact he has been very good there picking up motm v WArriors and being one of the Eels better players v WEsts

PJ Marshal

Coach
1. Burt
2. Grothe
3. Lyon
4. Vaealiki
5. Kativerata
6. Dykes
7. Witt
8. Cannings
9. Morris
10. Vella
11. Hindmarsh
12. Cayless ( c )
13. Wagon

14. Hopkins
15. Widders
16. Peek
17. Pearson

Hurriflatch

Referee
I think Peek is out for the 1st couple of weeks with an injury could be wrong tho. thats why I didn't name him if he is fit then he will be in the 17.