What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 teams

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tigers: 1. Tim Moltzen 2. Lote Tuqiri 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Beau Ryan 6. Benji Marshall 7. Robert Lui 8. Bryce Gibbs 9. Robbie Farah (c) 10. Keith Galloway 11. Liam Fulton 12. Gareth Ellis 13. Chris Heighington
Interchange: 14. Jason Cayless 15. Junior Moors 16. Mark Flanagan 17. Daniel Fitzhenry
Sea Eagles: 1. Brett Stewart 2. Michael Robertson 3. Tony Williams 4. Steve Matai 5. David Williams 6. Jamie Lyon (c) 7. Kieran Foran 8. Jason King (c) 9. Matt Ballin 10. Josh Perry 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Chris Bailey 13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange: 14. Terence Seu Seu 15. Brent Kite 16. George Rose 17. Shane Rodney

I reckon if our forwards can stick it to the Manly pack, we might just get the 2 points here.

Personally i'd have liked to see Ellis have a crack at Lock. Almost exactly how I predicted, except Gibbs is starting and Cayless is on the bench.

Spot

Juniors
Quite clearly, we are big fans of affirmative action. Last year’s recipient was Morris, this year's will be Fitzhenry. They should be highly commended for taking on these special cases and trying to turn them into better people. If only other NRL teams had the same loving mentality as the Tiges

westie

Bench
1-7/9 goes down. Who plays there? Cayless in the backline?

And if you haven't noticed, we do play f**king touch footy. Hence losing all the time.

Lads,

I think we need less focus on Fitzhenry and more attention needs to go to Lui!!

Lui holds our season in his hands, if he stuffs it, he will make John Morris look like Ricky Stuart.

Personally I would have preferred:

1. Mullaney
7. Moltzen

These two both deserve a crack and Mullaney can kick goals

Here we go again lads.

Bubbles

Fordy20

Juniors
John Morris did look like Ricky Stuart in Round 26 last year when compared to Lui in the previous three matches.

It's good to see Flanagan in the side. I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested to see how Lote goes.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Lads,

I think we need less focus on Fitzhenry and more attention needs to go to Lui!!

Lui holds our season in his hands, if he stuffs it, he will make John Morris look like Ricky Stuart.

Personally I would have preferred:

1. Mullaney
7. Moltzen

These two both deserve a crack and Mullaney can kick goals

Here we go again lads.

Bubbles

I think Moltzen and Lui have a lot to prove. And Moltzen only because of the position he is playing.

Looking at the squad I don't mind it. Though if Lui struggles do we see a massive shift with Fitzhenry going to the wing, Moltzen to 7 and Lote or Ryan to the back?

Front-Rower

First Grade
That's the thing, he won't budge on his decision to put Lui at half no matter how bad he is going. We've seen it since 2003.

Mahatma Coat

Juniors
2010 It's a concrete fact in the NRL you must start on fire and gain points early , having a kid at half with 3 grade games under he's belt smells of a desperate coach. Lui appears to have potential but needs a season in premier league going through the ups and downs to put him in good sted for the future.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
1/ How many ball players does that farkwit Sheens want? Fulton is just another wanna be 5/8. Good for nothing else. Need some real grunt which we are lacking once again. Heighno and Fulton together ? We will be spooners.

2/ If Sheens thinks because Lui had a decent game againts the Sharks in the trial that he will repeat it again, then he is not only a farkwit but delusional.

3/ Fitzy. f**k me. What a waste. Who the f**k is he going to replace ? Farah. f**k ME?

Sheens...go f**k yaself!!!

DanOz

Juniors
1/ How many ball players does that farkwit Sheens want? Fulton is just another wanna be 5/8. Good for nothing else. Need some real grunt which we are lacking once again. Heighno and Fulton together ? We will be spooners.

2/ If Sheens thinks because Lui had a decent game againts the Sharks in the trial that he will repeat it again, then he is not only a farkwit but delusional.

3/ Fitzy. f**k me. What a waste. Who the f**k is he going to replace ? Farah. f**k ME?

Sheens...go f**k yaself!!!

You made me laugh - you start off reasonably calm and by the end you are filthy!

But I agree with everything you have said. Fulton and Heighington together lack muscle, one in the team is enough. Lui would look great in a Souths jumper, Moltzen to halfback, Folkes to replace Sheens and then no Australian child will live in poverty and there will be world peace.

mems77

Juniors
I dont mind the look of this side at all,pretty sharp in my opinion.
A fresh new bench may add that added spark we sometimes lack.
Still have Tuiaki to enter the frame and i think we are the goods.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
You made me laugh - you start off reasonably calm and by the end you are filthy!

But I agree with everything you have said. Fulton and Heighington together lack muscle, one in the team is enough. Lui would look great in a Souths jumper, Moltzen to halfback, Folkes to replace Sheens and then no Australian child will live in poverty and there will be world peace.

What is this a 2005 reunion or something. f**k me.
The guy just doesn't get it. He is mentally disturbed. We will get trodden over if he keeps this team together.

This is it! This is the answer. It says here... that a bolt of lightning is going to strike the clock tower at precisely 7:04pm, next Monday night! If... If we could somehow... *harness* this lightning... *channel* it... into the flux capacitor... it just might work. Next Monday night, we're sending you back to the future!

Last edited:

DanOz

Juniors
I don't even know what to say about Fitzhenry - he was useless then, now he's old and useless.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
I don't even know what to say about Fitzhenry - he was useless then, now he's old and useless.

Forget about his football capabilities okay.What is the logic of having him
on the bench ? There enlies the question. It defies logic. I don't understand it. If he is there to replace Farah because he is injured or coming back from a long injury, okay. but he isn't. Someone please explain this to me. You can't have him in the side just case someone gets injured, it's ridiculous. He should be on the bench and he should know his role...i.e...at the 20 minute mark he will replace so and so. Not to have him "just in case of an injury" ...that's assuming an injury will occur, which is crazy.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
1-7/9 goes down. Who plays there? Cayless in the backline?

And if you haven't noticed, we do play f**king touch footy. Hence losing all the time.
If there aren't better utility options coming up through the ranks than Fitzhenry then that's a very sad state of affairs. He looked woefully out of place in the trial against the Roosters, a game that was absolutely nowhere near the intensity of NRL footy. He might make a good run here or there, against a tiring defence, but what two-bit modern rake can't? If that's the sole reason for his selection then it's a wasted selection. I'd be surprised if anything positive he contributes compensates for all the negatives.

Time will tell I suppose.

You yourself pontificate about how Taumata is the best ball-runner in the club, would you seriously prefer Fitzy to him?

westie

Bench
I'd have a completely different thing going so the question doesn't really apply. Sheens obviously doesn't want to use Taumata - so yes, the sad state of affairs is that there's no one better.