What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 teams

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Didn't Beau throw the ball away in the Roosters trial trying to hit it up?

I don't know, I was overseas for the Roosters trial. Ryan was fairly good against the Sharks, but then again it was the Sharks and they are hopeless.

Look, I don't think Beau Ryan is a very good player at all, but I'd say he is generally safe under the high ball whereas Fitzhenry is an disaster waiting to happen. Would pick Ryan ahead of Fitzhenry any day of the week.

Hopefully Tuiaki is fit soon so we don't have to see either of them in FG though.

aids

Bench
Gibbs isn't so much underrated, just playing under the shadow cast by how much of a dick he seems to be.
I think he is a much improved player, and 2nd prop at the club behind Galloway.

DanOz

Juniors
Gibbs isn't so much underrated, just playing under the shadow cast by how much of a dick he seems to be.
I think he is a much improved player, and 2nd prop at the club behind Galloway.

I think he is underrated by many, but agree he didn't do himself any favours perception wise in the past.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
The theories suggested of what will happen in terms of team selection....i.e... Fitzy replacing Lote, or Fitzy to come on if Lui is struggling then we will reshuffle the side...its just f**king crazy...not so much the comments by the punters.....but if this is what the farkwit is thinking...You'd think he learned already.....The farkwit over analyses every situation and needs to simplify things more. It's a damn simple game.

super_coach

First Grade
I keep getting flash backs of Jason Moody coming back for a last stint at the big time. Fitzy had fair speed back in his day, but take that away offers little.

The scary thing Fitzy has his name printed on the team sheets for 2010, Flanagan will be the fall guy if and when the teams fails not Fitzy.

Anyway not such a bad team for game one, dont think they will get trampled in round one

Vic Mackey

Referee
I just hope that if thigns are not working with Lui that Teflon punts him at halftime Rd 1- not 3 or 4 games into the season.

3-4 games in?

mate this is sheens!!

he gave morris TWO AND A HALF YEARS in the halves!!!!!!!!!!! then he moved and....shock horror we won 6 games in a row!!

lui has a mortgage on the 7 spot for the next 2 years, minimum.

the only way he will be moved is if he is failing terribly, then sheens will put him at 6 and benji at 7

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
I keep getting flash backs of Jason Moody coming back for a last stint at the big time. Fitzy had fair speed back in his day, but take that away offers little.

The scary thing Fitzy has his name printed on the team sheets for 2010, Flanagan will be the fall guy if and when the teams fails not Fitzy.

Anyway not such a bad team for game one, dont think they will get trampled in round one

I've got a feeling Manly will give it to us. Outmuscle us. It will be Boys vs Men.
The only way I see that we might get the points is some Robbie magic, perhaps Benji.

Bricey

Juniors
I've got a feeling Manly will give it to us. Outmuscle us. It will be Boys vs Men.
The only way I see that we might get the points is some Robbie magic, perhaps Benji.

Bookies at centrebet have us favourite at $1.73 for monday night
Manly at $2.10

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Just heard on talking sport that a punter whacked 20g's on us with the start & then another 20 without!

westie

Bench
We should win. Manly are sh*te. Stewart is their main weapon and attacks right - left is our stronger side. I can see Watmough running through our piss weak right side though. Fulton, Lui, Ayshford, Ryan. I can't think of a weaker defence in the league.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
3-4 games in?

mate this is sheens!!

he gave morris TWO AND A HALF YEARS in the halves!!!!!!!!!!! then he moved and....shock horror we won 6 games in a row!!

lui has a mortgage on the 7 spot for the next 2 years, minimum.

the only way he will be moved is if he is failing terribly, then sheens will put him at 6 and benji at 7

Sigh, hope you're wrong, fear you're not.............

Vicious

Bench
Big difference between John Morris and Robert Lui. Lui is a natural attacking footballer with very good slight of hand, Morris is all heart, but has very little natural attacking instinct. Our ball runners will become much more confident once they adapt to Lui`s style and we`ll become an even better attacking side than last year when averaging 4.3 tries per game. If we can start averaging around 5 tries per game, we`re gonna be hard to beat, that`s for sure !!!

Magpies_74

Juniors
I'd have a completely different thing going so the question doesn't really apply. Sheens obviously doesn't want to use Taumata - so yes, the sad state of affairs is that there's no one better.

Well Taumata is injured...so that may have someting to do with it.

Borat.

Juniors
Big difference between John Morris and Robert Lui. Lui is a natural attacking footballer with very good slight of hand, Morris is all heart, but has very little natural attacking instinct. Our ball runners will become much more confident once they adapt to Lui`s style and we`ll become an even better attacking side than last year when averaging 4.3 tries per game. If we can start averaging around 5 tries per game, we`re gonna be hard to beat, that`s for sure !!!

Couldn't have put it better...

Morris actually stifled the attack.

We don't need to score any more try's, we scored the most (joint with souths) in the league. Just need to tighten up in defense and kick a few more goals. IMO Fulton and Flanagan will add to the defense. Lui is an underated defender.....we should make top 6 if injuries are kind..

DanOz

Juniors
Couldn't have put it better...

Morris actually stifled the attack.

We don't need to score any more try's, we scored the most (joint with souths) in the league. Just need to tighten up in defense and kick a few more goals. IMO Fulton and Flanagan will add to the defense. Lui is an underated defender.....we should make top 6 if injuries are kind..

I hope you guys are right, but I can't see anything in Lui, and just pray that Sheens does not get his contract renewal early in the season which may pressure him into moving Tuqiri to fullback and Moltzen to halfback when Tuiaki comes back when Lui is exposed for the reserve grade footballer which is the best I think he will ever be. I just hope our season is not over before he does it.

I hope you guys are right, but I can't see anything in Lui, and just pray that Sheens does not get his contract renewal early in the season which may pressure him into moving Tuqiri to fullback and Moltzen to halfback when Tuiaki comes back when Lui is exposed for the reserve grade footballer which is the best I think he will ever be. I just hope our season is not over before he does it.

I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the best of Lui yet... I HOPE.

The few games that we have seen of him havent been that great, including the final last year.