What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 teams

westie

Bench
P.s. What happened to the Heighno for Roos calls? Why has it taken so long to work out he's a mis-used average first grader and nothing more?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
There is not one valid reason for Fitzhenry on the bench.

Fulton can cover the backs if one of them gets injured, and isn't Flanagan a utility as well?

f**k Fitzhenry. He was a spastic then, how is it going to be any different now?

Our bench looks weak BTW. Cayless is way short of match fitness, Moors is unproven (though looks handy), Flanagan is unproven and Fitzhenry...well, let's not f**king go there.

westie

Bench
Flanno is no utility. Not really sure where that came from. Fulton in the backs is the next best option... but really not convincing by any stretch.

I can't understand how a guy who is clearly better than our current winger is getting carved so hard while Sleau carries on being PL standard? Sure, we have better players than both - but get real.

Bench
1-7/9 goes down. Who plays there? Cayless in the backline?

And if you haven't noticed, we do play f**king touch footy. Hence losing all the time.
If you think Fitzy can cover 1-7 and 9 you are as dilusional as Sheens,Fitzy can cover wing,that is it,he can't cover any other positions,Payten is a better half than him.:x

Juniors
I'll take one for the team boys. When u read about a mad Tigers fan knee capping Daniel Fitzhenry as he leaves his weekly visit to the spastic centre, please come bail me out yeah. If not at least look after my wife and kids while I'm away.

Do they broadcast nrl in prison???

matty-ducati

Juniors
wasnt it just last year we didnt no what we were talking about and benji was our long term 7 ahhhhh shines has done it again!

westie

Bench
If you think Fitzy can cover 1-7 and 9 you are as dilusional as Sheens,Fitzy can cover wing,that is it,he can't cover any other positions,Payten is a better half than him.:x

He can cover it a million times better than a bloody second rower. He's been playing 9 for the last few years. As some one else said - it's not hard to scoot at the back end these days - but I'd rather him than a forward ffs.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I personally think Fitzy is there to replace Lui.

Lui comes off, Moltzen goes to half, tuqiri to fullback and fitzy on the wing. A Plan Sheens has to try Lote at Fullback and nothing else.

Personally I'd be inclined to have Fulton on the bench as the utility. I'd like to see Ryan kicked to the sh*tter and replaced by Mullaney.

Start Mullaney off on the wing.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Flanno is no utility. Not really sure where that came from. Fulton in the backs is the next best option... but really not convincing by any stretch.

I can't understand how a guy who is clearly better than our current winger is getting carved so hard while Sleau carries on being PL standard? Sure, we have better players than both - but get real.

Fulton can easily cover the backs. Fitzhenry is not a utility. He's a sh*thouse winger. He's played one game for us at hooker in the pre-season and in that game he was throwing passes at bootlaces or above heads. Terrible service.

I don't get it, Farah is an 80 minute player so why do we need a so called utility to cover for him? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

I'd rather Ryan any day over Fitzhenry BTW. At least Ryan can catch, I'd classify him as fairly safe under the high ball. Fitzhenry is about as safe as a straw hut in the middle of a cyclone.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
I'll take one for the team boys. When u read about a mad Tigers fan knee capping Daniel Fitzhenry as he leaves his weekly visit to the spastic centre, please come bail me out yeah. If not at least look after my wife and kids while I'm away.

Do they broadcast nrl in prison???

:lol: Ive got ya back mate.

Gus22

Juniors
In no way am I a Fitzy fan, but given that Lote will have been in the country less than a week and not played the game in 8 years, having a winger on the bench to replace Lote should things not go as well as hoped, is not a bad idea. You could argue that Brown might have been a better option, then again Fitz can cover hooker as well should Lui go missing (moving Farah in the halves for a period of the game).

Fitzy on the bench for now til Lote finds his feet back in the NRL. When Payten is fit again he should take Fitzys spot - I hope!

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I dont mind the team selected- yeah I'd have preferred Moltzen at half and Lui on interchange but I can live with it. I just hope that if thigns are not working with Lui that Teflon punts him at halftime Rd 1- not 3 or 4 games into the season. Glad Flanagan is getting time on the interchange bench.

Roll on 2010 and here's to success for Weststigers.

DanOz

Juniors
I dont mind the team selected- yeah I'd have preferred Moltzen at half and Lui on interchange but I can live with it. I just hope that if thigns are not working with Lui that Teflon punts him at halftime Rd 1- not 3 or 4 games into the season. Glad Flanagan is getting time on the interchange bench.

Roll on 2010 and here's to success for Weststigers.

There lies the problem - Sheens never admits he is wrong, and will give Lui half a season while Moltzen got 5 games, all of which we won.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
DanOz- fully agree. Teflon is not known for rash decisions but I hope / trust / pray there is that much pressure on him this season to succeed that he cannot get away with his penchant to drag decision making along until its too late.

At very least (fingers crossed) WT do not seem to have rushed and re-signed Teflon for a contract extension until the season has started. Maybe some in the WT board had a word in Humphrey's ear to hang off?

DanOz

Juniors
DanOz- fully agree. Teflon is not known for rash decisions but I hope / trust / pray there is that much pressure on him this season to succeed that he cannot get away with his penchant to drag decision making along until its too late.

At very least (fingers crossed) WT do not seem to have rushed and re-signed Teflon for a contract extension until the season has started. Maybe some in the WT board had a word in Humphrey's ear to hang off?

We can only hope - how can anyone with the slightest degree of business acumen even consider re-signing him after 4 years of failure without assessing the results this year? I just hope the decision is not made until semi final time, we could be top 8 all year and still miss out, or have a run home like 2005.

Fordy20

Juniors
Cayless has only just returned from Super League and is coming off a knee injury as well, so it makes sense for him to come off the bench for the first couple of matches to ease him back into NRL level football. Also, knowing that Cayless is waiting in wings might motivate Gibbs a little more.

westie

Bench
Fulton can easily cover the backs. Fitzhenry is not a utility. He's a sh*thouse winger. He's played one game for us at hooker in the pre-season and in that game he was throwing passes at bootlaces or above heads. Terrible service.

I don't get it, Farah is an 80 minute player so why do we need a so called utility to cover for him? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

I'd rather Ryan any day over Fitzhenry BTW. At least Ryan can catch, I'd classify him as fairly safe under the high ball. Fitzhenry is about as safe as a straw hut in the middle of a cyclone.

Didn't Beau throw the ball away in the Roosters trial trying to hit it up?