What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 tickets

Windy70

Juniors
What a load of shit. How the hell can they get away with that?

Fire up Sharks, tear the tigs a new one.

Sharky Pete

Juniors
imagine if we did this to the those balmain gronk shit would hit the fan but it doesn't matter its only cronulla

I can just imagine all the haters crawling out of their caves with their dentures flapping calling for us to be kicked out if the boot was on the other foot.

carcharias

Immortal
we'll get em back in our home semi...by then sharks only supporters should pack out shark park..capacity.

:)

Dread

Juniors
That's fine.
Are we playing them at home this year?
If we are, introduce a 15 dollar, 1 game membership ticket. No general admission without that. Or bump the GA to 80 bucks or something.
Would increase member numbers and basically lock out the other team. Any WT fans would then become memebrs of the sharks.
Surely the clubs all have an allowance for away teams. What about the CSSC, they would hve buses organised on the presumption tix would be available.

We're scrambling at the moment, trying to get some tickets. We've already got 2 buses booked for this game, so if we'll be absolutely spewing if it sells out.

I've recently moved to within close walking distance to Leichardt Oval, might go down and take the bolt cutters for a few fence spots.

Newms an alternative may be to go the Barley and cause some shyte, it's a tigers pub, unless we are there of course.

Sharky Pete

Juniors
The other alternative is for our fans to turn up to Sharks Leagues club and watch the game on the big screen so all revenue goes to our club.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
as a Tigers supporter, this is f**king atrocious.

The club had a bad image over the off-season with the bitch fight over Tim Moltzen
They got rid of Lui and were looking like cleaning up their image,

Then they pull out this dopey f**king bullshit out their arse.

I was on my way to booking my flights and hotel for the trip to Sydney for Round 1.

But I'm not a Tigers member. I saw that my missus paid considerably less for her Interstate membership with the Sharks than what the Tigers charged for theirs.

And she got more stuff with her membership as well.

I'm glad I didn't get a membership this year after this pathetic decision!

newman

First Grade
The NRL should really step in over this. At Old Trafford, Fenway Park and the San Siro; Monolithic venues that sell out years in advance, there is still a concession for a small percentage of away supporters. Regardless of the popularity of a team in sport you have to make concessions for the visiting team, and that includes supporters. Its only fair. "Locking them out" is an unsporting act and not within the spirit of any sport or organisation.

The Tigers cant have everything. They cant merge and essentially double their support base, have huge membership numbers and then play fixtures against cross town rivals at venues that are not large enough. They may even shoot themselves in the foot here and the NRL may baulk at giving them Sunday afternoon fixtures there against Sydney teams if there is enough stink kicked up.

The other thing that is complete Bullshit is that Leichhardt holds 18k. As it stands the Tigers have 10k members. So if they have a members only event the joint will only be half full.

Love him or hate him I suggest everyone send Phil Rothfield an email and tell him Sharks fans are being locked out of the first match of the season.

I'm sure he'll let rip in the paper.

We have a voice in the paper and we should use it!

meltiger

First Grade
Every single person bitching, including MadUnit, does have the chance to attend.

Buy the 1 game pass you fools lol

If you are too cheap, that's fine but kudos to the club recognizing demand is there and selling the $65 GA ticket.

Every single person bitching, including MadUnit, does have the chance to attend.

If you are too cheap, that's fine but kudos to the club recognizing demand is there and selling the $65 GA ticket.

Shyte $65.

Bargain.

We have a more modern ground than the Tigers.

Hope you don't mind purchasing our $100 GA ticket at Shark Park.

newman

First Grade

I dont object to demand based pricing. I do object to being forced into becoming a member of a rival club to attend an away game. As a member of a club there should be concessions by all clubs for travelling away supporters. I mean it only happens in every other professional sporting league in the entire universe. Even in Eastern Europe where they literally kill each other at the games there is an option for away supporters.

SharkShocked

Bench
I dont object to demand based pricing. I do object to being forced into becoming a member of a rival club to attend an away game. As a member of a club there should be concessions by all clubs for travelling away supporters. I mean it only happens in every other professional sporting league in the entire universe. Even in Eastern Europe where they literally kill each other at the games there is an option for away supporters.

Thank f**k, someone with a bit of logic.

If the price was $85 i'd still heavily consider going. But i certainly am not signing up to another club as a member to obtain a ticket to a game.

Why don't we just have everyone who ever buys a ticket to ANY game become a member of that club instantly... what a great idea... we can all have 30-40K members. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Latest posts