What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 v Bulldogs (previews, spoilers, post match discussion...)

*Sandy*

First Grade
Now that the trial games are over, it's time to start organising who is going, where we are sitting, predicted scores and how Penrith with muzzle the dogs.

:D

So I'll start with "Where am I sitting and who am I sitting with?"

Fibroman

First Grade
I'm putting some new gauges on the bonnet of my rexy, and growing stupid facial hair specially for the occasion....fully sic, bro.

Panthers_God

Juniors
Couldn't be more pumped for the start of this season. I'm gona be so plastered.

We will win by a small margin my predicted score being 20-16.

choc_soldier

Coach
I think we should have the one thread this year for each round, which has the previews, match spoilers and post-match discussion. Well, it's an idea anyway... this is a good start anyway! :)

My previews (no matter how half assed they might be) will be back this year - watch this thread! :lol:

As for the match, I will definitely be there. Not sure about the seating yet - that'll be sorted out closer to the date I think.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Of course I don't mind roo.

I think it could be a fairly high score. I'll go 28 - 24 penriths way.

Caged Panther

First Grade
parra_panther said:
My previews (no matter how half assed they might be) will be back this year - watch this thread! :lol:

They only got half arsed when it was obvious how sh*te we were last year...:lol:

Anyway my predicted lineup for Rd 1 based on what I think JL will name

1. Wesser
2. Youngquest
3. Lewis
4. Galea
5. Rooney
6. Campbell
7. Gower
8. Clinton
9. Priddis
10 Cross
11. Pritchard
12. Puletuea
13. Waterhouse

14. F Puletuea
15. Stapelton
16. Rodney
17. Swain

Personally though I think hookey should have the other centre spot, Rodney and Pritchard should swap jersey number and norrie should be there but won't because he hasn't participated in any trials. Oh and waterhouse should be in the 2nd row.

Munky

Coach
If Gower and Preston fire I don't think we will have many problems.

No Anasta = lack of extra running forward and booming kicks.

Big Mick

Referee
If we play that side CP...we'll lose...we have absolutely no impact off the bench if thats the case.

The Piper

Juniors
I will be there. Coming down and staying that Saturday overnight at Mercure at Parramatta. Making a weekend of it. Just getting tickets when I rock up - I'd love to sit with you guys.

C.P

Juniors
I think Penrith would be better served with Hookey in the centres and Galea off the bench. Gives them more options off the bench.
The lack of Anasta will take time to adjust for the Dogs, however their forward pack will be their strength and 8-13 for the Dogs is one of the best in the comp even without SBW.
I see Penrith having a edge in the halves and out wide but the forward clash will determine whose backs get the best room to operate and I think the Dogs have that edge. IMO Dogs by 8
O'Meley should be back for the Dogs however i expect Folkes to give Utai an extra week to get fit. Dogs to look like this:

1.Luke Patten
2.Namila Davui
3.Reni Maitua
4.Willie Tonga
5.Hazem El Masri
6.Daniel Holdsworth
7.Brent Sherwin
8.Mark O'Meley
9.Adam Perry
10.Roy Asotasi
11.Willie Mason
12.Andrew Ryan (c)
13.Tony Grimaldi

14.Nate Myles
15.Chris Armit
16.Corey Hughes
17.Trent Cutler

Penrith v Bulldogs is always a great match no matter what stage of the season and this one should be no different. GO DOGGIES :)

Big Mick

Referee
why putting a fullback on the bench?

To go on and replace Reni?

Why not put Billy in there...great player.

Schijt hoofd

Juniors
I'm not to worried with our bench at this stage,all our big names are fit for the opening game and have a couple of trials under their belt.