What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 v Bulldogs (previews, spoilers, post match discussion...)

choc_soldier

Coach
There are a few players pushing for the two "vacant" spots in the backline - Hookey, Youngquest, Galea, Howland, O'Halloran.

Quite healthy.

*Sandy*

First Grade
lainey said:
It will be both GA and Reserved seating. We always get GA as most of us are Season Ticket Holders and we get $8 admission. PK, Annamat and Bubz, I'm sure the Rhino will tell us where we will be sitting so we'll have to wait til then.....

On the seating arrangements, I will definately have Jason with me. Hoping my family can look after the girls, although they are both wanting to come with me. I doubt my brother will come as his Eels play at 5.30 live on Fox Sports the same night. So he will preferrably park himself in a club somewhere for that game.

If I have my whole family with me I will not want to turn up early. I'll definately be phoning you lainey to let you know what I'm doing and try to work it out with you the best way I can make sure I am sitting with you all.

Big Mick

Referee
parra_panther said:
There are a few players pushing for the two "vacant" spots in the backline - Hookey, Youngquest, Galea, Howland, O'Halloran.

Quite healthy.

I wouldn't mind knowing who performed better out of Galea, O'Halloran and Hookey in the trials for that vacant centre spot.

Given the fact Lang is trying Hookey out in his best position of winger...could rule him out for a centre spot.

lainey

Juniors
PK said:
On the seating arrangements, I will definately have Jason with me. Hoping my family can look after the girls, although they are both wanting to come with me. I doubt my brother will come as his Eels play at 5.30 live on Fox Sports the same night. So he will preferrably park himself in a club somewhere for that game.

If I have my whole family with me I will not want to turn up early. I'll definately be phoning you lainey to let you know what I'm doing and try to work it out with you the best way I can make sure I am sitting with you all.

No worries honey....If it's only you and Jason then I can probably cover the cost of your tickets but if you bring the girls as well I might struggle...if you know early enough maybe you could transfer the money to my account or something...

*Sandy*

First Grade
Yeah that sounds like a goer. I'm trying to organise my GA Season Ticket with Megan now and hoping they can get it to me before the Bulldogs game.

lainey

Juniors
If you can't get it before then honey we will have enough to cover you guys anyway...:D

*Sandy*

First Grade
I'm not worried about the price of the game if I don't get the season ticket beforehand because I get concession anyway and there is only a few dollars difference. It would be just nice to receive it before Round 1 so that I get the value out of having a Season Ticket. It's not always easy for me to turn up to home games so it probably won't save me much there but it's also the good value you get from it with away games in saving a few dollars each time.

If Megan makes it too hard for me like she is doing now then I won't even bother with one. Might have to get a season ticket from a rival club instead so I get the value from one - I'm sure any other club would send an application to me ... lol!!

*Sandy*

First Grade
Finally an application is on it's way to me ... or should i say hopefully! :lol:

choc_soldier

Coach
It's back for 2006... :lol:

So, here we are. The Panthers kick off their 2006 campaign on Saturday night, against another major disappointment of 2005, the Bulldogs.

First round matches are always hard to gauge, given that the only indicator is trials, and they are more often used to test new combinations as well as get out the cobwebs that an off-season will do.

Looking at the lineup, the Bulldogs have a stronger backline, the Panthers have a superior halves combination, the forward pack looks even, and the bench looks stronger for the blue and whites. This match will be a forward battle, with the team gaining the greatest ascendency a chance of finsihing in front at full time.

For mine, with no hint of bias, I believe it will be the Panthers, in a rather tight one.

Panthers by 7.

Caged Panther

First Grade
I'm excited about the start of the season but not to the same degree as normal. Think it possibly has to do with the lack of a home game in the near future.

Maybe it'll hit me when I get to the parra game later this month.

Fibroman

First Grade
6.45pm Saturday night. Fibro has a gut feeling that Gowie will have a blinder. Penrith always seem to 'aim up' (excuse the cliche) against the doggies for some reason. I'm tippin' Pamffs 28. Dogs 23.

lainey

Juniors
Caged Panther said:
Had to laugh at braybrook and freeman trying to portray gowie as not having his heart in it. Clowns!

Are you serious?? Gowie had a blinder!!!! :D

Kilkenny

Coach
Fibroman said:
i had $500 panthers 1-12. Solid.

Posting at 9.26pm Fibro. Obviously weren't at Telstra Stadium like Kilkenny and his clan.

Regardless I hope you got $2.40 for the Panthers 1-12, should be a good night.

Caged Panther

First Grade
lainey said:
Are you serious?? Gowie had a blinder!!!! :D

yeah they were carrying on about how Penrith were missing his input after tries because he wasn't talking behind the goal line after the dogs scored (seen that plenty of times before). Then how he didn't have the same sparkle in his eye because he happened to be the last back on the field after half time.