What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 v Sharks

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I'm happy after round 1.

Not with the result or the amount of errors but with the attitude, effort, linespeed and sustained commitment to the Big Red V shown, especially from the pigs.

It was what I was hoping to see from a team that has spent an entire off season with an actual coach.

Combinations will eventuate, but if the effort remains then things will improve and results will come.

This is a team I can cheer for from the the heart again and that's a great start...
Yeah Im with you...whilst a win would have been nice, in particular the second half effort was there.....if Ramsays try would have stuck (bloody unlucky that ball bounced up and hit Birds elbow) we would be celebrating a win today imo......we have to be realistic after just 3 trials and one comp game the inept coaching and poor management of players over the past years will not be swept away immediately....if we show the committment and effort each week irrespective of the result our culture and dna will start heading back to where it once was

Juniors
1. Ramsey
2. Ravalawa
3. Ford
4. Lomax
5. Feagai
6. Bird
7. Hunt
8. Kerr
9. McCullough
10. Vaughan
11. Sims
12. Fuimaono
13. Lawrie
14. Faamuasili
15. Alvaro
16. Ellis
17. Dufty

possm

Coach
1. Ramsey
2. Ravalawa
3. Ford
4. Lomax
5. Feagai
6. Bird
7. Hunt
8. Kerr
9. McCullough
10. Vaughan
11. Sims
12. Fuimaono
13. Lawrie
14. Faamuasili
15. Alvaro
16. Ellis
17. Dufty
Ravalawa wears the 5 jumper (right wing)
Lomax wears the 3 jumper (right centre)

1. Ramsey
2. Pereira
3. Lomax
4. Bird - he is not fully fit as yet.
5. Ravalawa
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Kerr
9. McCullough
10. Vaughan
11. Sims
12. Fuimaono
13. Laurie

14. Dufty
15. Alvaro
16. Faamausili
17. Ford

Maddragon99

Juniors
Very well said and agree 100%
Leaking 32 points isn’t going win us a single game this season. I thought first half defence was ok 2 tries from kicks in heavy rain but then again there was a lack of urgency cleaning up. Something that Boyd & Hornby were so good at.

Some second half tries were soft particularly the Woods try. Without tight defence we’re not going to be competitive we need to be averaging 12-16 conceded a game.

The new guys; One positive to take away was McCullough I thought he played very well in a beaten team his 64 tackles leads the comp. Alvaro was busy & made 35 tackles & 61 meters Faamausili less so 25 tackles & 26 meters. Bird ran for 129 meters & played with intent.

Very important that we get a win against the Cows or we’ll be 4 points off the pace

Maddragon99

Juniors
If Vaughan can reproduce his latest effort and we can get a couple more to follow suit, then we will at least will be competitive....Still a lot of one out stuff with noone in support but under the conditions last night it was a pass mark effort for most of our forwards.....
Vaughan ran for 208 meters including 84 post contract meters & 31 tackles. But he can’t do it alone. Lawrie only ran for 75 meters with 23 tackles. Overall Alvaro’s numbers were almost as good off the bench.

I think Possum is right we need another top tier prop to support Vaughan.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Vaughan ran for 208 meters including 84 post contract meters & 31 tackles. But he can’t do it alone. Lawrie only ran for 75 meters with 23 tackles. Overall Alvaro’s numbers were almost as good off the bench.

I think Possum is right we need another top tier prop to support Vaughan.
At least 1

carltonsouth79

First Grade
Imma gonna just leave this table here..

Errors in 2021..

unfortunately the top doesn’t fit in, but the first column is games played, 2nd is number of errors.

View attachment 46621

Dufty has the same number of errors as Lomax, and only one more than Ramsay..

Where’s the lynch mob for those two?

#sackzac
#ramseydismay
Interesting. Maybe the issue is his errors are more obvious and singular- dropping the high kick. Maybe akin to goal keepers in soccer. 10 other players can make errors cross the pitch but if the keeper misses a shot it’s crucial

jeffdragon

Bench
Gould said if the two teams played this week v each other we would win.
And he said to gallen dragons xwill finish over the sharks this year on 100% footy.

possm

Coach
Yes David , B .Moz and also Johnny King scored quite a few also - I think that you recall him ?
Just think, if Doust kept his promise to give B Morris a pay rise, it would have been more likely that J Morris would have returned to the Dragons. Our left side outside back problems would have never occurred.

Not only has Doust been the worst CEO the Club has had in it's history, he was the main reason the Taj and squad was run down..

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes David , B .Moz and also Johnny King scored quite a few also - I think that you recall him ?
I sure do. He was a great finishing winger and I can visualise him high diving to score a try in the corner. He and Eddie Lumsden played together and were try scoring machines outside of Reg Gasnier and Billy Smith and of course the mercurial Graeme Langlands at the back. What a fantastic backline we had.

King won 7 grand finals and I think Lumsden 9.

We dominated in the forwards big time then - certainly no beg your pardons with them so the backs were always a cruisin'.

Fond memories which I can't see any modern rugby league team emulating.

Gareth67

First Grade
I sure do. He was a great finishing winger and I can visualise him high diving to score a try in the corner. He and Eddie Lumsden played together and were try scoring machines outside of Reg Gasnier and Billy Smith and of course the mercurial Graeme Langlands at the back. What a fantastic backline we had.

King won 7 grand finals and I think Lumsden 9.

We dominated in the forwards big time then - certainly no beg your pardons with them so the backs were always a cruisin'.

Fond memories which I can't see any modern rugby league team emulating.

Great read Dragon David , I recall on many an occasion watching the game at the S.C.G. and then rushing home to watch the replay of the match on A.B.C’s match of the round .

Got to enjoy the victories twice in a matter of hours .

Dragon David

First Grade
Great read Dragon David , I recall on many an occasion watching the game at the S.C.G. and then rushing home to watch the replay of the match on A.B.C’s match of the round .

Got to enjoy the victories twice in a matter of hours .
Hahaha! I like it! The good old days eh? Only Saturdays and Sundays and if your team wasn't in the match of the day you only got updates on the radio if you didn't go to watch it at the ground. They used to give updates at the grounds as well and the crowds would yell and cheer if the teams they hated were being beaten.

Our domination in the 11 straight Grand Final winning years made the powers that be change the no tackle rule to 4 tackles, I think, and subsequently we succeeded in winning 2 since and 1 as a joint venture so that was our reward for our domination. Just like when NSW kept beating Queensland and then they changed it to state of origin, they had to change it because of NSW domination then.

Change, change, change and more change, but yeah, the good old days.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I've been saying it from day one about Slomax.

BuT he DoEs a FlIck PaSs!!1
Lomax has poor body language as well, seems a small thing but he just doesnt look as confident as he should look, often looks down on confidence and a touch meek. Still, he is easily our best prospect.

Latest posts