What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

round 1 v the gummy sharks

murraymob

Coach
reports on p1 say pritchard is in doubt after stepping on a sprinkler.Is it elliott playing mind games or a real injury.Hopefully i can find out monday

Kilkenny

Coach
reports on p1 say pritchard is in doubt after stepping on a sprinkler.Is it elliott playing mind games or a real injury.Hopefully i can find out monday

I doubt he would be playing mindgames leading into Round 1 Murraybob. Anycoach engaging in such tactics at such an early stage would surely lack confidence in his troops. If he has sustained an injury more likely he did so in the meaningless trial on Wednesday night and the sprinkler injury is a cover up for the obvious.

murraymob

Coach
he pulled up well after the trialand had no visible injuries or limp .He must have got the injury on the outside field as i doubt it could happen on the main field they spent a lot of money on that field

Kilkenny

Coach
2009 is surely the year for Frank Pritchard. Has not played in a semi final with the Panthers and he should be leading the charge as a senior player and established international.

This is the last year of his current deal, for which his major contribution to the club has involved trying to get out of his contract and securing a release.

If nothing else he owes the Panthers 26 rounds of 100% commitment to the cause.

I suspect he will be playing elsewhere in 2010 and beyond, most probably with the Roosters or Storm.

Why do I suspect he will move on to the Roosters or the Storm. Think about it. It's not that difficult.

murraymob

Coach
pritchard may be upfor a new deal.You would think that works in our favour because he should be playing the house down.Reality he has underachieved for 3 years.There are a lot of back rowers coming through the grades who are more consistant in there performances

murraymob

Coach
2 days till the sides are announced the anticipation of a new season is rising.The teams of selection await to be posted.I am eagerly awaiting the windsor sides to see if our young from our u20 last year get the rewards and rise to the next level.

abpanther

Staff member
Sounds like Lewis will start at lock alongside House and Peanuts, my concern is that Smith will come in off the bench, but he lacks any real impact and is the kinda player you either start for 80mins or you omit entirely.

maple_69

Bench
I agree. If he comes off the bench, I envisage Elliott might throw him into lock and shift Lewis over to 5/8 possibly. I can't see this working because Lewis would have been tackling for the last half hour and not in the best state to be creating plays.
Anyway I'm hoping for
Coote, Elford, Jenko, Gordon, Tia-Kilifi, Graham, Sammut, Grant, Aiton, Civ, Peanuts, Smith, Lewis, Iosefa, Woolie, House, Paulo

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Maple i like your team, hope that is the one named tomorrow!

Gordon and Jenko in the centres will be excellent for our attack

Fibroman

First Grade
Gordon needs to be at centre or fullback IMO. He is a quality player and needs the ball in his hands more often. Playing on the wing doesnt do Gordon justice.

mxlegend99

Referee
Agreed. He should be played in the centres though. We have a couple of strong fullback options, but after Michael Jennings there is a big drop in consistancy and skill.

Michael Gordon would give us a great centre pairing.

Kilkenny

Coach
This week against the Sharks will set the tone for season 2009.

We have a real shot a stealing the two points despite the fact the Sharks are very hard to beat at home.

The Sharks has some injury worries and a new halves combination with Kimmorley now a Bulldog.

They are there for the taking but at the same time we will have to be at our very best to beat them.

Apparently Fibroman and Panther Boy are keen to get down to Shark Park on the Kilkenny taxi service. I figure I'll keep them guessing until the very last minute. Hopefully Kilkenny junior is able to come along and be the designated driver so Kilkenny senior can either celebrate in style or conversely drown his sorrows in an appropriate manner.

bigfoot

Juniors
Teams are up.
Telstra-Prem-Logo-black.jpg
Vs Sharks at Toyota Stadium, Saturday March 14 - 7.30pm Kick off

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Michael Gordon 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Tighe 5. Shane Elford 6. Luke Lewis 7. Jarrod Sammut 8. Tim Grant 9. Paul Aiton 10. Petero Civoniceva (C) 11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Gavin Cooper 13. Nathan Smith. Interchange: 14. Frank Pritchard 15. Adam Woolnough 16. Frank Puletua 17. Masada Iosefa 18. Matthew Bell 19. Wade Graham Coach: Matthew Elliott .
NRL-Toyota-U20-Black.jpg
Vs Sharks at Toyota Stadium, Saturday May 31 - 5.15pm Kick off

1. Zoram Watene 2. Chris Aunese 3. Ioritana Tuau 4. Lachlan Mussing 5. Michael Fualalo 6. Wade Graham 7. Sam Jones 8. Sam McKendry 9. Joel Romelo 10. Tinirau Arona 11. Daniel Penese (C) 12. Jesse Sene-Lefao 13. Evrett Vaurasi Interchange: 14. Luke Clydesdale 15. Andrew Pritchard 16. Mitchell Cahalane 17. Tim Glasby 18. Stiling Seijka Coach: Craig Culnane

Vs Central Coast Storm at Windsor Sporting Complex, Saturday March 14 - 5.00pm Kick off

1. Ben McFadgeon 2. Junior Tia-Kilifi 3. Maurice Blair 4. McConkie Tauasa 5. Dan Randall 6. Keith Peters 7. Trent Iselin 8. Steve Meredith 9. Luke Gordon (C) 10. Andrew Pearn 11. Joseph Paulo 12. Josh Bateman 13. Adam Schubert Interchange: 14. David Dickinson 15. Joel Orton 16. Michael Burns 17. Ashely Hazelton 18. Shane Blackett Coach: Adam Przybyla

2 years and Elliott still can't even pick a team... who would have guessed it.
If we run out like that... Sharks by 50.

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
I hope to see some changes before game time. Will be disappointed if Graham doesn't start with Lewis shifting to lock, hope Peanuts can start, shame to see Gordon still stuck on the wing.

franklin2323

Immortal
1st thing is Graham 100% fit? I think you might find that he is not. He missed the last half of the season. Yes he played the trial's he's knees may of swelled up or his confidence is down any number of things.

As for the rest of the team solid Coote/Gordon will swap throughout the game the same with Elford/Tighe

bigfoot

Juniors
By all reports he is fit.
Of course there's a chance that he isn't, but we're so used to Iddiott's stupid smoke & mirrors and mindgames that it's hard to tell.
Tighe shouldn't be anywhere near first grade. Also, Tia Kilifi gets a chance and goes well, but is not selected? Lewis kills it at lock and is moved to five-eighth?
Backrow of Waterhouse, Cooper and Smith?... not exactly scary. Smith and Waterhouse are hardworkers at best.

franklin2323

Immortal
yeh but maybe confidence wise is poor can't say he did much in the trials. yeah Im happy Blairs out it's a start

Latest posts