What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

round 1 v the gummy sharks

murraymob

Coach
id be concerned for the rest of your season if your hoping for opposition players to be out for a better chance at winning. Worry about your own team if i were you.

and this is coming from a person posting in the opposition forum.We do not care who you put on the field .People have just pointed out the injuries as you would if pritchard or lewis was out

TeamSatan

Juniors
Theres like 5 billion juniors out here and some want Elford in the centre or wing.....Thats where the new excitement machines start......Elford is no excitement machine...put him at lock.....smith on the bench and frank puletua to captain the reserves.....

Then we might win a game.

murraymob

Coach
team satan yes there are a lot of juniors but none ready for first grade.Daniella was one but has not come upto the levelyet.Gordon is a option.At this point elford is the best option to partner jennings

murraymob

Coach
losing gallen will hurt the more than losing any one player from out teamthats how good gallen is.He would always be in there top three tackle counts each week.I would think in the top4 meters gained each week.

murraymob

Coach
the sharks have a history of never winning grand finals 0.We have jennings v simmons in our favour

Ausguy

Coach
hahaha you got that right.... im better than simmons... my nanna is better than simmons and she cant see or walk.... simmons is f**kn hopeless lol

mxlegend99

Referee
I think the Panthers will need Frank Pritchard on the field to win this one.

With the injuries to the Sharks backrowers, that would give us an advantage.

royceruled

Juniors
If you fellas had seen the way mckendry played in the indigenous cup
for the maoris against the aboriginals you would have him in the starting
line first up. he was an absolute battering ram and as i have discovered
has a pretty fair offload in traffic as well. :)

Sleep

Juniors
What's with the love for Elford? Let alone starting in the backline. Dude barely had enough toe to play there in his first stint with us.

If he starts on this team round 1, I'm done for the year and I'll see you guys next season.

mxlegend99

Referee
Solid defender and reliable player. Very little risk involved.

Unlike Brad Tighe, Maurice Blair, Geoff Daniela etc. who are probably a lot fancier options when they have a good game... but are more likely to cost us games on poor consistancy and defence alone.

murraymob

Coach
What's with the love for Elford? Let alone starting in the backline. Dude barely had enough toe to play there in his first stint with us.

If he starts on this team round 1, I'm done for the year and I'll see you guys next season.

who would you put there.There are not a lot of options

I think Shane Elford was playing great footy for the Panthers before joining the Wests Tigers. Injuries cost him dearly.

I believe that he would have been a regular fixture in the 2003 squad had it not been for injuries, coupled with the form that Girdler, Whatuira & Sattler (Centre & Lock - Elford's strongest positions) were in.

Sleep

Juniors
2003 was six years ago. He's had how many injuries since then and couldn't get a regular spot in the Tigers team. Bring up someone from the lower grades. He should be there for depth only.

Kilkenny

Coach
Solid defender and reliable player. Very little risk involved.

Unlike Brad Tighe, Maurice Blair, Geoff Daniela etc. who are probably a lot fancier options when they have a good game... but are more likely to cost us games on poor consistancy and defence alone.

Geoff Daniela will not be considered for a position in the top grade. Has not figured in the trials and had a poor season last year in the reserves.

Tia Kilifi was not taken to North Queensland so I figure he will start in the twenties.

Reading into Elliot's selection in the Cowboys trial I figure Elliot is leaning towards the Gordon Jennings Cooper Elford combination assuming Coote is fit to play fullback.

I dont think ME is considering Lewis for an outside back spot based on the two interviews I have heard on 2GB and Talkin Sport when he has clearly stated he will be either 5/8 or back row.

isaiah

Bench
Geoff Daniela will not be considered for a position in the top grade. Has not figured in the trials and had a poor season last year in the reserves.

Tia Kilifi was not taken to North Queensland so I figure he will start in the twenties.

Reading into Elliot's selection in the Cowboys trial I figure Elliot is leaning towards the Gordon Jennings Cooper Elford combination assuming Coote is fit to play fullback.

I dont think ME is considering Lewis for an outside back spot based on the two interviews I have heard on 2GB and Talkin Sport when he has clearly stated he will be either 5/8 or back row.

so you think gavin cooper will start in the centres?
what will the 20's side look like?

Kilkenny

Coach
so you think gavin cooper will start in the centres?
what will the 20's side look like?

Yes I suspect Gavin Cooper is most likely to be one of the starting centres. Not saying that's where I would necessarily play him but the starting side against the Cowboys was a little pointer to the way Elliot is thinking.

Having watched the Under 20's in the trial against the Eels where two sides played each half I wouldn't be so bold as to try and select the likely 17 although I am sure the coaching staff will know by now who will be the most likely combination. Obviously the likes of McKendry, Paulo, Penese and Tia Kilifi will definitely start the season in the 20's barring any shock selections.

Latest posts