1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication to accompany your footy weekend.

This week, Joshua Wells speaks with injured Canterbury forward Joe Stimson as he works his way toward an NRL return next season, and we have a big double spread of the Rugby League Project's 'Rugby League Scorigami!

EDITION 6 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Round 1 V West Tigers

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Dragonslayer, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Coffs dragon

Coffs dragon Bench

At least our fans won’t have to suffer anymore at the ground.....that’s the only positive I can think of!
    The f**kin peanut coach will blame Gus for not finding our DNA and our meditation adviser couldn’t awake Norman.

2. Dragons4me

Dragons4me Juniors

Yeah exactly. Proves there are degrees of being pathetic. We're dreadful. Tigers are are only marginally dreadful.

3. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Juniors

Also did Graham even play? About the only thing I seen him do was yell about the challenge at the end.

dungay dragon likes this.
  4. Wittenberg

Wittenberg Juniors

Vaughan should have scored under the posts and Sims blew another try but I hate to admit it but any loss we have, although they still hurt, are made easier to take due to the fact that I know each loss puts another nail in Mary’s coffin.

5. boardlumps62

boardlumps62 Juniors

Quick assessment of Lomax did nothing in attack except lucky try dropped a bomb out of position added nothing IMO.
    We need a dedicated Fullback

6. rasaint

rasaint Juniors

Very disappointing. Benji’s short kicking the main difference. Repeat sets kept killing us.

Must say we bombed two trys second half, whilst tigers took their opportunities.

Lomax is not a fullback. Lacks dash and dropped two bombs. The opposing fullback caught every tough catch we put up in the wind and rain. Lomax even let Leilua sneak a try. If that was Dufty tonight many would be baying for his immediate dropping. Please no excuses for Zac Lomax. He is a centre if anything.

Old Kogarah Boy 1 likes this.
  7. SEAT 1A

SEAT 1A Juniors

Death was on the money. Plus all the others.

8. Dragon Revival

Dragon Revival Juniors

The only way ahead is to promote Ramsay to the Top 30. Lomax tried hard but the three-quarter line was crap. Graham is unfit and a joke. Hunt played okay but Norman is useless. Dragons bombed about 6 tries. Hopefully the season will be cancelled together with Mc Gregor's contract.

9. Mark D

Mark D Juniors

Anyone else have the Benny Hill theme song ringing in their ears ? !!

kit66 and hewi like this.
  10. 41yearsaint

41yearsaint Juniors

Anyone get on that action?
    Tiges pack beat ours, ouch!

The Rosco likes this.
  11. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

The entire squad looked defeated before kickoff. Body language is still poor. Clearly, no one wants to play for the coach.

Dragon David and J.moz like this.
  12. Surfclub Saint

Surfclub Saint Juniors

Why don't I feel deflated! I sort of feel, oh well may be next week

13. jeffdragon

jeffdragon Juniors

Sims bombed two.,the one Tyrell set up if he let it bounce Pereira was there, that was a 12 point turn.
    Vaughan bombed one,catch t he ball and frizell stuffed one.with a shit pass.
    I don't know how we lost the game.
    The Old story we should have been more up early and yet again we played the penalty.

14. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

We must’ve watched different games. Lomax has repeatedly demonstrated a propensity for handling issues. If you consider an encounter with an ordinary WT side is a “pretty tough match”, it’s only get worse against the likes of Melbourne, Roosters, Souths etc.

15. 2010

2010 Bench

Hunt and Norman were, once again useless. Sims back to his best, Tyson and Vaughan can hold their heads up, all three were playing better.
    Fuimaono had a very good game.
    Overall our attack is pedestrian and there needs to changes made.

16. Forbes Creek Dragons

I think their body language was great and to defend for that long and still keep turning up does not look like a team with no spirit. They were just exhausted, Mary isn't the best coach but we created enough chances to put them away well and truly. If the players are dropping passes and kicking dead on the full there isn't a lot anyone can do about that. Our halves couldn't control the game handed the Tigers back too much early ball, barely got us any repeat sets. When it is raining and you have a fullback that has never played in that position before our halves owed to the team to play a lot smarted that that. I would love to see how the Tigers would look if they were camped on their line as long as we were. Clune won't be far away if this continues.

Dragon David and Wittenberg like this.
  17. SAP58

SAP58 Juniors

I thought we would be 1-6 but we won’t get that far & will the virus & cancellation on the NRL save the coach again !

18. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

Terribly disappointing, they had their chances but poor - very poor handling cost them dearly. Still as many have already said there still remains that low confidence cloud hovering over the Dragons , perhaps a carry on effect from the coach ?

A short season is on the cards so whatever you do don’t go tearing your hair out from this first up defeat , as I don’t believe there will be too many more .

Dragon David and Warabrook saint like this.
  19. Mickthedragon

Mickthedragon Juniors

Bludger of a game and Lomax was terrible at the back.
    Im starting to go off him as he is just too unpredictable under the high ball.
    Few more games like this and the only postive will hopefully see us waving goodbye to Mary. I've had enough already and its only rd 1.

20. Forbes Creek Dragons

It was tough in the sense that he was camped on his on his own line in the rain repeat set after repeat set. Seriously mate it was his first ever NRL game in that position other than some mid game positional switch ups last year. Benji played beautifully, if we had half his game management this game we would have won that game comfortably. No player will ever develop for us because the fans only see the negatives and tear them to shreds. Give him time seriously its one game.