1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication to accompany your footy weekend.

This week we have a special feature on how fans of fantasy footy survived the lockdown period between March and June thanks to Joshua Wells - he speaks to Jamie from NRLCEO Fantasy.

EDITION 7 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Round 1 V West Tigers

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Dragonslayer, Feb 29, 2020.

1. J.moz

J.moz Juniors

4 more games and counting for mary to be sacked. What a useless game plan a 40 year old benji kicked us out of the game. Our 6 and 7 need to be moved on what a joke hunt cant even kick a ball . Wooden spoon or mary what will it be a toss of the coin.

2. jeffdragon

jeffdragon Juniors

Either way we look at it not much to look forward to.

Gareth67 likes this.
  3. Eastview

Eastview Juniors

I will be asking for a refund of my membership... Why would I donate to this lost cause. Get rid of the Illawarra flog now and they can have my money

4. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 First Grade

Yep,
    Have always said Zac is more of a centre than a fullback but with McGregor being our ‘attacking’ coach, can’t see it changing anytime soon.

Warabrook saint and Banjo2014 like this.
  5. SEAT 1A

SEAT 1A Juniors

I don't think I has watched a game with so many missed tries and I don't think I ever said after round one we are done, but we are.

We missed McInnes big time.

6. possm

possm Coach

Who was marking Benji?

Banjo2014 likes this.
  7. avocado

avocado Juniors

No issue with Lomax. He’s a work in progress and will pay off

But Hunt and Norman can leave now.

8. Willow

Willow Administrator

That was difficult to watch.

I couldn't see much of a game plan, whatever there was had completely evaporated by the second half.

Kicking game... what kicking game? The difference between the two teams was that one team had a plan.

Lost count of the amount of bombed tries.

Oh well, the great thing about the game is that there's always next week... maybe.

9. Slackboy72

Slackboy72 First Grade

Ummmm, no.

10. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 First Grade

11. thebigredv

thebigredv Juniors

We were one pass sticking away from a victroy and yet that does very little to ease the feeling. I'd say I am hurting but Mary has acclimatised us to the this losing feeling that winning wouldn't even seem right.

Corey Norman with a 14-29 win/loss ratio since 2018. Him and McGregor are a perfect pair.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  12. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

Another 2nd half Mcgregor coached performance. No field position. Opposition play faster make more yards until last 10 ins.
    We finally make breaks and get through the line but we cant find a man with passes.
    4 times in the 2nd half. 2 1st half could not ground it from kicks.
    Marys speech...we took our chances we win. Tigers blew a few also
    I thought defense was better out wide (thx Flanno)
    But as Mary said our D is more important. They dont care about the A obviously.
    Tim Lafai...should now be dropped also..too slow..little penetration..
    as Jimmy Graham..just leans and falls into tackles now.
    Zac tries hard...and defends better at the line but still needs a lot of work and I feel he is wasterd there at fullback.
    Need Sailor or Dufty to fullback. Drop Timmy. Put Zac to RHC.

13. kit66

kit66 Juniors

I've never seen a team bomb so many tries, I'd love to hear what Freud would have said about that, something along the lines of " ze players hate zeir coach and subconsciously don't want to be responsible for him being at ze club any longer zan necessary, it's zat simple ". It's all in the mind. A bit more focus, hunger and desperation and we could have won that comfortably - before half time even.
    We defended well for a lot of the game and Tariq and Frizell were great. Our middle forwards lacked punch ( although Lawrie tried really hard ) and the only time we made good ground is when we got desperate and threw the ball around.
    I'd like to see Norman dropped for Clune. Hope Ravi's OK.
    I want Zac to succedd but if we had Dufty out there backing up it could have made a real difference.

Well done to the Tiges, Benji was brilliant but I don't think they'll make the 8. I was surprised at the depth of animosity Luch seems to have towards his old team mates or possibly it's directed at the club and how he was treated.

14. thebigredv

thebigredv Juniors

In the first half I was thinking how much we were missing JDB and McInness (state the obvious).

Tyrell Fuimoana needs a starting spot next week. In the second half he was terrific. Him and Sims will kill it.

15. chowiesplatterpoo2

chowiesplatterpoo2 Juniors

Norman and Lafai can go, like now! Norman is a total dud, I am beginning to think it is no coincidence his team's are wooden spooners or one off. He has got nothing. I remember he was a gun, there is nothing there now. I'd keep Hunt, he had a bad game but he is worth keeping. Tigers lost their halfback and still beat us.

ALSGI and Warabrook saint like this.
  16. Coreyzz

Coreyzz Juniors

Norman looked clueless tonight. Bring in Clune ASAP.

Dragon David likes this.
  17. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Juniors

I was glad to see him play centre even if it was out of necessity. He looked great there and showed that he's a great option there. Wiliame im happy with he just didn't get any ball. His bombed try he actually did well to even get that close on a dry day with more even share of possession he will look a lot better.

Como Connection and thebigredv like this.
  18. Brutalitops

Brutalitops Juniors

We will never know just how good of a thing we had with the Widdop and Hunt pairing. They were disrupted to all hell, but when given lengthy game time they were so so much better than what Norman brings to the team. Widdop and Hunt were two styles which complemented each other. As were Hunt and Milford at Brisbane.

Norman offers nothing. He is passive until he feels like doing something, and then he's reckless.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  19. Brutalitops

Brutalitops Juniors

On a positive note, Ravalawa looked beastly during his couple of minutes and that individual try required a lot of skill. He is a positive prospect for our future

20. nickdragons90

nickdragons90 Juniors

very disappointing today. Penrith next week. The only way I see us winning is if Penrith have a massive let down beating the roosters . The boys might have to spend training this week on how to pass the ball, and put the ball down. Can’t see them making to many changes if the second grade got beat by 20.

jeffdragon likes this.