What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 V West Tigers

Frank Facer

First Grade
This is the team I believe will be picked:

1. Lomax
2. Ravawala
3.Aitken
4.Lafai
5. Pereira
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9.Luke
10. Vaughn.
11. Frizell.
12. T.Sims
13. Merrin

14. Sailor
15. Host
16. K. Sims
17. Ford
I think the team you said Mary will pick is very close to what is selected. The only one that I think will be different is Lawrie there instead of Ford or Sailor.

Williame is the only other one who may get picked, ahead of Lafai.

Frank Facer

First Grade
1. Lomax
2. Ravawala
3.Aitken
4.Lafai
5. Pereira
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9. Luke
10. Vaughn
11. Frizell
12. T.Sims
13. Merrin

14. Sailor
15. Billy
16. Lawrie
17. Ford/K Sims if fit

I'm insane with picking the same old centres however, going with defense instead of attack qualities.(Just with Aiken)
I thought you were picking the team that you think Mary will pick. lol

Frank Facer

First Grade
This is the team I would pick for game one. I would be looking towards next year.

1 Lomax
2 Ramsey. I would have elevated him to the top 30
3 Fegai. I would have elevated him to top 30. I think Matt is the centre
4 Williame
5 Saab
6 Clune
7 Norman
13 Merrin. He is too small for prop.
12 Frizell
11 T Sims
10 Vaughan
9 Hunt
8 K Sims

14 Ford
15 Graham
16 Kerr. If Kerr is still injured, Lawrie would take his place.
17 Host

I would be blooding Ramsey on the wing, with the intention of moving him to fullback next year and Lomax to centre. I am not convinced of Saab yet, but I would find out this year if he is good enough. I would fast track Feagai. Rava would be playing centre in Canterbury Cup. I am not a big fan of K Sims, but he would provide aggression to start the game. Graham would be there to provide leadership and experience when our starting middle forwards are off the field. Ford can cover centre if there is an injury to a back. Norman would be in control of the team, with Clune told to play a more running attacking game. The forward pack would contain 4 current origin players and a former one in Merrin.

Smurf

Juniors
My Team

1 Lomax
2 Ramsey / Rava
3 Laf
4 Williame
5 Saab / Jordan
6 Clune
7 Hunt
13 Merrin
12 Frizell
11 T Sims
10 Vaughan
9 Brittain
8 K Sims

14 Ford
15 Graham
16 Kerr.
17 Host
18 Sailor
19 Tyrell

Smurf

Juniors
My Team

1 Lomax
2 Ramsey / Rava
3 Laf
4 Williame
5 Saab / Jordan
6 Clune
7 Hunt
13 Merrin
12 Frizell
11 T Sims
10 Vaughan
9 Brittain
8 K Sims

14 Ford
15 Graham
16 Kerr.
17 Host
18 Sailor
19 Tyrell
My Team

1 Lomax
2 Ramsey / Rava
3 Laf
4 Williame
5 Saab / Jordan
6 Clune
7 Hunt
13 Merrin
12 Frizell
11 T Sims
10 Vaughan
9 Brittain
8 K Sims

14 Ford
15 Graham
16 Kerr.
17 Host
18 Sailor
19 Tyrell

No Aitkin , Norman or Mary

possm

Coach
I agree also hit hard in defense.
I think Ford either a bench player or CC cup at this stage.
Especially with both Kerr and Graham being available for the first round.
Ford is a backrower whereas, Kerr and Graham are front rowers.

Old Timer

Coach
For mine if you haven’t played a trial you come back through CC and prove your worth rather than a walk up start as per usual
Now is the exact time to look at life without Graham and also to see how superior he is to the CC players he plays with and against
If he doesn’t shine like the brightest of beacons then he stays there.
Can’t remember where K Sims is at but the same rule should apply.

Dragonsamy

Bench
For mine if you haven’t played a trial you come back through CC and prove your worth rather than a walk up start as per usual
Now is the exact time to look at life without Graham and also to see how superior he is to the CC players he plays with and against
If he doesn’t shine like the brightest of beacons then he stays there.
Can’t remember where K Sims is at but the same rule should apply.

Don't think korbin will be back for about a month OT

possm

Coach
Yeap but Kerr can play second row and had done in CC Cup
Yep and Frizell can play prop but you would not play him there. Ford is a backrower and Kerr is a front rower. My backrow rotation would be Ford, T Sims, Frizell and Host on the bench. When Kerr and K Sims are fit to play, my prop rotation would be Vaughan, Merrin, Graham, Kerr and K Sims.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I got no idea whom McDud will select, except it will be predictable & no risk to cover himself. Sooner rather than later it’ll hit the fan....
Hopefully, Flanno/ Shep get a say with Adam Clune into the team and Norman out will see progress in a positive manner with attacking options and a decent kicking game.

Dragonsamy

Bench
I got no idea whom McDud will select, except it will be predictable & no risk to cover himself. Sooner rather than later it’ll hit the fan....
Hopefully, Flanno/ Shep get a say with Adam Clune into the team and Norman out will see progress in a positive manner with attacking options and a decent kicking game.

With clune one in top 30 could happen , I hope

denis preston

First Grade
I've got to say Clune has been a surprise packet for me. Has't been exposed in defense and although not big, a tough little bugger.Throws a sublime pass and passable kicking game. This fits well with my underwhelming opinion of Normans efforts compared to his salary. This bloke has to lift.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I've got to say Clune has been a surprise packet for me. Has't been exposed in defense and although not big, a tough little bugger.Throws a sublime pass and passable kicking game. This fits well with my underwhelming opinion of Normans efforts compared to his salary. This bloke has to lift.
Yes Denis, underwhelming would be a polite way of describing Norman’s efforts for the past few years.
I reckon Adam Clune at 7 with Ben Hunt a running 5/8 and Norman in CC team would be my ideal halves.