What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 vs. Cowboys Discussion + Voting

Dazzat

First Grade
Another thing last night was having Dallas johnson working tirelessly, he is the type of player we have missed. No frills, no B/S, just a worker who will plug the gaps and make those one %ers. Was a pleasure watching him bust a gut. The idiots in charge of this club should have signed him as a kid though, he has always been good, even in the jnr ranks.

Johnson could hardly run in the last 15 minutes or so of the match, but stayed on in obvious pain. Typical Johnson.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Not since 2008 it hasn't been.

Still have to disagree. I thought he was sh*t 90% of his time spent on the field in first grade for the Broncos. We should have ended his contract after 2009.

Vote for the game:

3. Lockyer
2. Hoffman
1. Parker

Last edited:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I thought he was piss poor and by far the worst Cowboy. All he wanted to do was put shots on Broncos players, especially Anderson...:roll:

does he ahve a feud with Anderson cos he tried to kill him!

I thought Locky looked pretty good out there, he looked pretty sharp and has some of his zip back. Hoffman is proving to be one of the best fullbacks at cutting down people at the back. not jsut against the cows but last year too he would regularly cut down players front on who had made a break.

Reed looks like a decent player and gagai was electrifying at times.

our attack was pretty disorganised for most of the match, summed up perfectly by that set of 6 which resulted in mcculloch forgetting his leg has to touch the ball for it to be a kick.

it is only round one and we'll improved but i am worried about next fri in canberra....

3 hoffman
2 locky
1 parker

Hench

Juniors
I didn't think Hoffman was that good. But when the attack was a crap and disjointed as it was I'm sure the few good runs from fullback that Hoffman made stand out.

I also think Hunt overplayed his hand too much and looked like he cared more about outplaying Wallace and McCullough. There were a few instances where Hunt would run out of dummy half and look to pass but saw Wallace and then pretty much ran the other way. :lol:

The Crane

Juniors
I won't bother discussing the bad points of Friday's game.

Some things I was impressed with:
1. Yow Yeh and Glenn's size this year. They are massive. Once they get match fitness, they will be great.
2. Reed and Hoffman's defence.

My votes:

3. Lockyer
2. Hoffman
1. Anderson