What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 vs Eels

hindy111

Post Whore
He did a lot of defensive work thanks to those damaging errors in the first half. What a dog's breakfast that 1st half of footy was.

I am talking his whole career. I mean I see a first grade player and a very good one. But if he was paid anywhere near the rumoured 1 mill then you got fleeced. He just doesnt have any spark. But heck he is 21, plenty of time to improve.

hindy111

Post Whore
How much would you give Cleary per season if you were our CEO?

700k would be reasonable. He plays about the level of what a 600k half plays but he is young so expect to get better.
We have no idea what he is on.But my guess is more then that.

Crashtest

Juniors
So you guys are willing to move a 20yr old state of origin 1mil a season halfback to hooker and leave a 34yr old jimmy at 5/8 really.Id give Jimmy a few more rds and if nothing is changed canterbury cup is calling hes slowing down and not even running think he took the line on once yesterday

I don't think we should move any halves to hooker. We need a genuine hooker to play there, so if Egan or Katoa don't cut it this season, we need to sign one from another club.

TheFrog

Coach
So you guys are willing to move a 20yr old state of origin 1mil a season halfback to hooker and leave a 34yr old jimmy at 5/8 really.Id give Jimmy a few more rds and if nothing is changed canterbury cup is calling hes slowing down and not even running think he took the line on once yesterday
Jimmy's 32. 33 in June.

mxlegend99

Referee
700k would be reasonable. He plays about the level of what a 600k half plays but he is young so expect to get better.
It really depends on who you compare his salary with.

Jack Bird. Anthony Milford. Ben Hunt. Mitchell Moses etc.. there's no shortage of guys earning ridiculous amounts which make him seem worth more.

There are better players on less. Worse players on more. Halves with ability and experience tend to demand more money. Teams are willing to throw millions of dollars at guys based on hype or a single decent season.

Cleary will hopefully be a gamble that pays off. Compare it to RCG and there's a much bigger issue. We made him our highest paid forward and give him a long ass contract and he's not even a shadow of the player he was. Age is on his side to be able to turn it around. But Im not sure he will ever get back the mentality which made him great. Without it he is the player ChrisD claimed him to be.

kinghippo

Juniors
It really depends on who you compare his salary with.

Jack Bird. Anthony Milford. Ben Hunt. Mitchell Moses etc.. there's no shortage of guys earning ridiculous amounts which make him seem worth more.

There are better players on less. Worse players on more. Halves with ability and experience tend to demand more money. Teams are willing to throw millions of dollars at guys based on hype or a single decent season.

Cleary will hopefully be a gamble that pays off. Compare it to RCG and there's a much bigger issue. We made him our highest paid forward and give him a long ass contract and he's not even a shadow of the player he was. Age is on his side to be able to turn it around. But Im not sure he will ever get back the mentality which made him great. Without it he is the player ChrisD claimed him to be.
Campbell Gillards career has a lot of similarities to Grants. Both burst into rep teams and then suffered form slumps.
Hopefully he can turn it around, get his confidence and groove back.

Pomoz

Bench
I know for a fact Fox Sports Lab rewatches the game the next morning to correct stats. A lot of mistakes are done when watching it live.

Not sure if NRL does it.

Either way, 34 or 54 metres are putrid from a 'rep' forward against one of the worst packs in the comp.
40 tackles at 91% efficiency for a prop in a team getting a caning in the penalties and possession stats is a good effort.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And half of it could be paid directly to his dad outside the cap. How would the NRL ever find out?

trevcogger

Juniors

Both The Chin and speedhump Maloner shouldnt be anywhere near a SOO jersey in 2019.
If they are we are in BIG trouble.

Kilkenny

Coach
Both The Chin and speedhump Maloner shouldnt be anywhere near a SOO jersey in 2019.
If they are we are in BIG trouble.
Luke Keary will be 5/8 so we won’t lose Maloney. Cleary no guarantee and I wouldn’t be surprised so see Pearce back in the 7.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Went to game with daughter on Sunday. To be honest didn't see too much of the nrl game, as my daughter took a bad turn and had to be carted off to hospital.

She was allowed out yesterday avo when things calmed down. So no real comments about the game, except I though klein didn't have a good game.

Fangs

Coach
Both are reserve graders Fangs
If your putting all your faith in pillows Grant your in bigger trouble than i thought.

You're right.

8.Tamou
9.Katoa
10.Literally No One
11.Kikau
12.Yeo
13.JFH

Far more imposing. How can you tackle a player in a position who doesn't even take the field?

chrisD

Coach
It isn't all doom and gloom. In a season or two Cleary will be perfectly suitable beside a genuine playmaker. And RCG will be evened out by the recurring random Polynesian forward out of nowhere on near to minimum that has a stellar year only to get half the recognition they deserve and inexplicably moved on or allowed to leave.

We are bleh for now though.

Latest posts