What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 vs Eels

franklin2323

Immortal
This is a bit of a myth.

I have had Fox Sports Lab do stats for me regarding his hit ups and metres before and after the broken jaw.

In 2018 before his broken jaw he made 96m per game and after it 93m per game.

No huge difference.

He had one good season when Hook was starting him off the bench...Aside from 2017 he has been borderline FGer mostly

franklin2323

Immortal
NRL site list him 9 runs for 54 metres. From what I saw I prefer those figures, but its still about half what he should be doing. They also show 40 tackles. I thought he was in the game a bit but obviously needs to do better.

Having a lock go off after 15 mins does that. Throw in Yeo going off and the big guys played big minutes..Makes those stats even worse

Das Hassler

Bench
Comes down to what motivated him then and now...it does look as if the novellty of what he was when he debuted has worn off for him a bit ...a forward doesn't have too much complexity to think about first game of the season ....attitude and hunger should be there..if not there's something up or he just peaked on the hype for one season and that's about it.

tripster

Juniors
I honestly think RCG would be better as an edge back-rower.

He is mobile enough for it, and tall and rangey. I just don’t think his build is very suited to the middle. But he would probably have more impact on an edge.

Kev07

Juniors
Cleary has extremely poor peripheral vision, that will never develop. What you see now is what you will get with Cleary for the next 5 years.[/QUOTE]
I don't think he or Maloney chanced running it once on the last.
Though with Kikau out was usually their option.

Panfa

Juniors
Theres a few people on here calling for cleary to go to 9 and luai to partner maloney there will be no chance of that happening if anything maloney to 9 and luai to partner cleary is the logical choice.Dean whare would want to start showing something 5yr deal and hes slowing down not creating opportunities for his wingers blake is fine whare will be under pressure once mcgrady recovers from injury.

Theres a few people on here calling for cleary to go to 9 and luai to partner maloney there will be no chance of that happening if anything maloney to 9 and luai to partner cleary is the logical choice.Dean whare would want to start showing something 5yr deal and hes slowing down not creating opportunities for his wingers blake is fine whare will be under pressure once mcgrady recovers from injury.

Maloney to 9? Wut?

Mate you need a good defender at hooker, Maloney is close to the worst in the comp.

That’s not to say Cleary will move to 9 anytime soon, but he’s a far more logical choice because he can defend.

GongPanther

Referee
Him and Fish aren't the pack leaders
Ditto,and what happened to Hetherington? I was hoping those three would have easily accounted for a very weakened Parra pack. We were shown up yesterday, and I hope the players are filthy with themselves. There is no way the Panthers fans will put up with that crap again.

Crashtest

Juniors
if anything maloney to 9 and luai to partner cleary is the logical choice.

Maloney's busted body wouldn't last 5 minutes defending at hooker. Not to mention the amount of missed tackles before he is carried off on a stretcher.

Panfa

Juniors
So you guys are willing to move a 20yr old state of origin 1mil a season halfback to hooker and leave a 34yr old jimmy at 5/8 really.Id give Jimmy a few more rds and if nothing is changed canterbury cup is calling hes slowing down and not even running think he took the line on once yesterday

hindy111

Post Whore
He and Cleary are examples of what is wrong with our side

I dont get the Cleary hype. I've said it before and had my ear chewed off. But I just see a good solid half. Maloney is the man.
I feel like the clearys may of fleeced you guys. Takens Gould to the cleaners.

GongPanther

Referee
I dont get the Cleary hype. I've said it before and had my ear chewed off. But I just see a good solid half. Maloney is the man.
I feel like the clearys may of fleeced you guys. Takens Gould to the cleaners.
He did a lot of defensive work thanks to those damaging errors in the first half. What a dog's breakfast that 1st half of footy was.

hindy111

Post Whore
Gotta give credit to Parra as well. Thought they played really tough despite losing Brown early. While Jennings made a few errors, he looked dangerous most times he touched the ball.

We were terrible but it is only Rnd 1, plenty of time to come good.

Use where missing Kikau. Eels had no Jnr Paulo, Terepo, Manu Mau and yes Brown after 16mins. I'd argue 4 of our better forwards and all would be in my top 17.
But in saying this, Panthers to me looked fitter and faster, it was just some poor errors at bad times.. Eels just played smarter and with far more heart and team spirit. Throw in a rookie half and a hooker who has played 6 or so games.
Penrith started the game playing safe boring footy while eels played actual footy. Panthers didnt start playing footy untill the 50th minute.

On Mansour id give him 8 games to get fit. He has had a lot of injuries. He does look a shell of his former self.

On DWZ he is capable of being a top 5 fullback. Edwards maybe top 10. Id rather DWZ at my club. But I guess Edwards hasn't had as much NRL to showcase.

I reckon Penrith will smack the knights and back on track.