What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 team

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
These team selections send a clear message to the players. Don't score a try if you're a young forward, that's not your job. Don't set up a try unless you're halfback, that's taking away Ben Hunt's Dally M points. And don't play at a faster pace than Mbye, that makes it too hard for the coach to follow the game. Follow these simple rules and you won't be dropped.

I'm looking forward to watching Hunt and Hook's tearful embrace after the game, when Hook gets the chop, a la Mary & McInnes.
I can't believe the flog dropped Couchman and Liddle and I'm absolutely stunned by the stupidity of it.
It'll be the irst wooden spoon since 1935, I think.
The board will be so proud.

Dragon for life

Juniors
It really is hard to understand why unless Hook can give his reasons like - "Liddle played shit in the last few games he played as he should have set up 4 tries for us to win those close matches and seeing that he didn't, I had no choice but to not include him in the 17. I like him, but he needs to do what I tell him, blah, blah, blah".
I believe it’s because he’s making the rest of the team look bad

thebigredv

First Grade
Mind you, if it turns to custard he’ll have to wear it.

Not in a million years will you get an apology from Hook. Nor will he be held to account. We are just his plaything and the club his sponsor. Just like Mary before him he shows little regret or remorse for his many errors of judgement.

don’t understand the Liddle axing but I had Lomax first in line for a spell and Mbye should have also got the chop. But can’t axe those you are chummy with, can you?

Playthings.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The hooker selection, I'm stumped
It's Mbye who shudda been dumped
It's Liddle's great speed
we desparately need
Not Mbye the human speed hump
I have never understood the Mybe like, the Dogs kept picking him, then the Tigers kept picking him and now you guys do. I do not get it, must be a fantastic trainer, incredible brown nose or something cause he ain't no first grader.

He must have a terrible games to wins percentage, as all three clubs he played for had bad years.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
I have never understood the Mybe like, the Dogs kept picking him, then the Tigers kept picking him and now you guys do. I do not get it, must be a fantastic trainer, incredible brown nose or something cause he ain't no first grader.

He must have a terrible games to wins percentage, as all three clubs he played for had bad years.

He's a safe pick for shit coaches. They're fearful of a loss so pick him based on his supposed utility value. You actually have to be serviceable in different positions to be considered a utility imo. He's clearly shit in all positions but a great athlete.

steerlerbab

Juniors
Team is anounced and Lomax and Liddle are dropped!!! Ok, Lomax is down on goal kicking form. But Liddle is total mystery for mine!

These were discussed in NRL 360 Foxtel today.

1. If we had won all the games that we lost on goal kicking, we could have been equal first.
2. Lomax used to be 78% kicker and his kicking style was high. Coaching brought in Daryll Halligan to help him improve. Daryll Kicking style was low. This has backfired and Lomax kicking has dropped to 60% this year as he has change his kicking style!
3. Lomax approached Hook for an explanation and Hook told him they will talk in few days. The panel thought this was poor man management in Hook's part and he should have given some explanation.
4. The team will be camping in Queensland for the next two weeks. So the panel thought Hook is still safe for the next two rounds but if we lose both games then St George board must move otherwise they have to deal with player unrest.

Liddle was not discussed too much but why he is dropped is total mystery. Anyway, I hope Mbye pays back Hook and plays to the best of his ability which is missing tackle after tackle as he has done all year so that the nightmare for us fans and the team ends in two weeks.

since77

Juniors
If we had won all the games that we lost on goal kicking, we could have been equal first.
This is such a misleading statistic. They are playing like deadset wooden spooners. To claim goalkicking has robbed us of equal first spot is ridiculous. Poor coaching and moronic team selections is why we’re running close to last. The way this team has played, they’re exactly the place on the ladder they deserve to be.

Username

Juniors
Can anyone find anything positive that Mbye has done with his first 50-60 mins game time he's been getting the last few weeks ahead of Liddle?
I might be waiting a while...
To be fair, he's two (?) kicks from dummy half were a nice surprise against the dogs. Doesn't make up for stifling the attack with his passes behind players and he's excruciatingly slow barge over attempts.

ralph18

Juniors
This is such a misleading statistic. They are playing like deadset wooden spooners. To claim goalkicking has robbed us of equal first spot is ridiculous. Poor coaching and moronic team selections is why we’re running close to last. The way this team has played, they’re exactly the place on the ladder they deserve to be.
Agree with every word of this.