What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 team

Dragon David

First Grade
The only possible reason for Liddle to be playing KOE Cup is that the possible new coach wants him prined with more minutes of game time. He's not getting thar with Mbye as a starter. Even Muhleisen is moved to the halves to accommodate Liddle. Very strange.

If anyone can think of any other reason please share.

Dea

Juniors
The only possible reason for Liddle to be playing KOE Cup is that the possible new coach wants him prined with more minutes of game time. He's not getting thar with Mbye as a starter. Even Muhleisen is moved to the halves to accommodate Liddle. Very strange.

If anyone can think of any other reason please share.
But is he playing KOE Cup? I read the extended team is going to QLD for 2 weeks. So he is likely to just sit on the sideline. Pretty much like most weeks with Mybe chewing up all the minutes on the field.

TheRev

Coach
That KOE team is very strange and im sure it wont be final.. I dont get why Herring is in jumper 17.. but Mulheissen starting.. maybe its sort of a rotation thing to save an interchange later.. but weird.

As for which of the 3 sacked players play KOE, i think it might even be up to them u know.. and i rly hope they all decide to drop back and have a crack.. unless they actually want to nurse an injury..

Parko1310

Juniors
I really don’t understand. Maybe it will be the final nail in coffin for coach🤷‍♂️
Has he been the worst performer? It’s not his fault he is not getting quality ball. Maybe should have given him a crack at fullback🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ not the worst decision
Yes mate, Lomax has been the worst performer by a fair stretch.

justadragon

Bench
Every Tuesday its the same thing, diabolical selections, mind games, mysteries etc we all complain about the journo's but by F%$K this club provides them with all the ammo they need. We are dead set hilarious, we are the laughing stock of the NRL, how do you re-sign a player for 2 years then drop him a couple of weeks later, if a player is out of form would he not go back to ressies to tune things up, not rested, what is that going to do. The board is totally to blame for all this mess, to have this crap happening 10 weeks into the comp is just pure stupidity and a classic example of how F#$KED up this club is.

gitano

Juniors
To the untrained eye, Liddle not playing seems ridiculous.

We lack a second long kicking option, with Junior still developing. Mbye offers that from dummy half.

We're going with both Feagai's due to Lomax not being NRL quality at the moment. Ravalawa first game back, so Mbye offers some utility value and injury cover at centre if needed.

The question then becomes Bud or Liddle in 14.

Fast track, early afternoon kickoff at Suncorp. We're desperately lacking points, as evidenced by setting up camp on the dogs tryline and coming away with nothing.

Bud also gives us a genuine halves option if Junior isn't on it.

Just saying Liddle out = bad doesn't tell the whole story.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Its piss poor form that no comment has been made by the club on Lomax. If he was dropped, then great, but he is not in NSW cup - which would indicate that they think he needs a break or something else is wrong. If he was in NSW cup then yes its poor form that has lead to his sacking from NRL.

Also, I puzzled by Lomax's reaction. it would seem he was surprised by been dropped - which would indicate that no discussion has been held between coach and player before today.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Precisely.. considering we only fell short by 11pts over the last 4 games... then by my calculations a couple more converted tries and we are sitting equal 1st with the Broncos heading into magic round.

Edit: Do I need to change my default text to pink? Just assume most of what I say is tongue in cheek!
No Rev your spot on to be honest if Lomax kicking was 20% higher in those 4 games he would be still in 1st grade and Hook would be smiling and it wouldnt be wind

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
How does dropping Lomax fix anything? He rarely sees the ball anyway. But I do know for a fact Zac has no time for Griffin so I think it’s about making a statement. Dropping Mbye makes more sense & moving Hunt to 9 to stimulate our attack.

I’m very surprised Griffin wasn’t sacked yesterday surely a another loss to the Tigers would be the final nail in his coffin.
Mate Ive a strong hunch Griffin will be here till season end

gitano

Juniors
Its piss poor form that no comment has been made by the club on Lomax. If he was dropped, then great, but he is not in NSW cup - which would indicate that they think he needs a break or something else is wrong. If he was in NSW cup then yes its poor form that has lead to his sacking from NRL.

Also, I puzzled by Lomax's reaction. it would seem he was surprised by been dropped - which would indicate that no discussion has been held between coach and player before today.
Nobody should be a walk up start. He isn't owed anything.

thebigredv

First Grade
Sometimes you can take a soul crushing defeat like what happened on Sunday and turn it into a positive.
You know, maybe the team get together for a deep and meaningful, heart to heart, speak some truths, lay it all out there
or maybe the players rally behind the coach and start talking about a win-at-all-costs mentality,
or maybe even an apology to the fans...

This instead just feels like the stench of a rotten establishment. Like the captain's final acts of defiance before the ship goes down. Not man enough, just like the last coach, to fall on his sword but happy to ride us into the ground and further hamper our future for the sake of his own pride.

I am happy for this to come to a head and it seems like that's what's now happening. In no way known can this dysfunction play out any further at our club. This is a complete circus. Another coach who has burnt up his last idea, who never had control of this playing group since day one.

His players can't get an explanation for their sacking but who are our management to criticise as they feed off the power of continually leaving us in the lurch, in the silence and in the misery.