What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v Cronulla

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's not that bad.

We only need to win 7 of our last 15 games to make the finals.

Gallen is in immense form, Lewis will be more confident after getting a run and coming through okay.

Sharks are last because they have abysmal service from their halves, who have given their backs next to no quality opportunities or ball.

Their forwards are still smashing teams up the middle.

Our pack needs to turn up. If they are meek again, we will lose.

If our pack holds it own, then we win.

Im not saying we cant make the semis if we lose. We still can and should. But mentally if we dont win I cant see us as anything but making up the numbers if we make the finals, hence thinking ahead somewhat to 2015 for the second half of the season.

I think we can win the premiership this year. A real contender doesnt lose this game.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I still think thats nonsense.

Parramatta beat Melbourne in 2012. Melbourne won the premiership that year and Parramatta were dead last from Round 2 til the end of the year.

super_coach

First Grade
Excuses aside, their have been real signs that this team has hit the wall over the past two weeks, Forwards have been really flat and we lack a lot of attacking flair. Momentum is a funny thing, once it deserts you it is very hard to get it back. We have gone from looking like a top four team to looking like a cellar dweller. Granted Farah make a big difference, but I really dont like the signs I have been seeing.

We need to win and win very well to get the season back on track. A loss would do no end of damage to our 2015 campaign.

I still think thats nonsense.

Parramatta beat Melbourne in 2012. Melbourne won the premiership that year and Parramatta were dead last from Round 2 til the end of the year.

Big deal. That is an example of a champion team slipping up and being off their game.
Im sure after that loss the players still believed they could win the title.

We are not a champion team. We are a team trying to move from the bottom half of the ladder to a contender status. Its a game an emerging contender has to win. A loss to Cronulla would smash our team's confidence in our ability to win the title. Still possible of course but would be massively deflating.

BuffaloRules

Coach
If they lose they will be 5-5.

Hardly panic stations.

Let's see how they going in a month when hopefully they can get their best squad back on the field.

Vic Mackey

Referee
We've had a pretty tough draw so far IMO

With the injuries we've had 5-4 after 9 is an awesome start. We need to keep it going though. The next 6 rounds we have sharks, broncos minus origin players, Knights, souths minus origin players, raiders and panthers at leichhardt. We should be aiming to win 5 of those 6. A win Sunday is essential

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Big deal. That is an example of a champion team slipping up and being off their game.
Im sure after that loss the players still believed they could win the title.
Big deal. It destroyed your argument. You can't say that our season is over if we lose, because you are insinuating we are capable of playing finals footy. If you weren't insinuating that, then our season already is over.

Thus my point stands and it has destroyed your point. Top teams lose to lowly placed sides all the time, some of those top teams go on to win premierships. Our season isn't over because of one loss to a lowly placed side.

We are not a champion team. We are a team trying to move from the bottom half of the ladder to a contender status. Its a game an emerging contender has to win. A loss to Cronulla would smash our team's confidence in our ability to win the title. Still possible of course but would be massively deflating.
If we are an emerging contender then we aren't certanties for the finals, thus our season isn't over if we lose this weekend, because it was over before Round 1.

macnaz

Staff member
Carney will be playing tonight , ive got a feeling the Sharks will lift bigtime with his inclusion and if we are as flat as the last 2 weeks we will get rolled.

Last edited:
If we continue to play one out football for an entire game we will play into the Sharks hands,the Storm were prepared to move the ball last night along with hitting it up the middle and it paid off against the Bunnies.
Against the stronger teams i am not sure our defence can hold for long periods which annoys me that our attack is not utilsed to offset this flaw.

Radical Rat

Juniors
I'm a bit more concerned if Carney plays and the whispers are that he is. He always carves us up.

I think the loss of Gavet has been understated. We've looked like sh!t since he's been injured. It's coincided with Taupau slowing down a bit as well with whatever niggling injury he has. We need our bench back to their best today. I think it's gonna be an arm wrestle, so we can win this game from the bench.

macnaz

Staff member
I'm a bit more concerned if Carney plays and the whispers are that he is. He always carves us up.

I think the loss of Gavet has been understated. We've looked like sh!t since he's been injured. It's coincided with Taupau slowing down a bit as well with whatever niggling injury he has. We need our bench back to their best today. I think it's gonna be an arm wrestle, so we can win this game from the bench.

He is definitely playing.

innsaneink

Referee
Carney will be playing tonight , ive got a feeling the Sharks will lift bigtime with his inclusion and if we are as flat as the last 2 weeks we will get rolled.
Farah back should lift us immensely, but yeh carney is a worry....my only hope is he takes a while after being out to get back to his best

Tiger05

First Grade
I thought that was a big win. We weren't playing well but Brooks and Farah pulled us through.

We need to improve a lot but every win pushes us closer to the finals.

macnaz

Staff member
I thought that was a big win. We weren't playing well but Brooks and Farah pulled us through.

We need to improve a lot but every win pushes us closer to the finals.

Yep.. both were good tonight

Fordy20

Juniors
A few hairy moments tonight, but the boys really lifted. I want to point out Cory Paterson. He had a stellar game and his combination with Brooks was causing all sorts of headaches for that right hand defence of the Sharkies.

Disappointed we didn't get to see more of Austin, but hopefully Anasta's involvement will wind down after Origin and we can see what Austin can do with more game time.

Farah was awesome in the first half but he'll be disappointed with his second half performance. We had a number of chances to put the game beyond Cronulla only for Farah to turn over possession with a stupid pass.

Latest posts