What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v Cronulla

Did anyone notice one time when play broke down Braith had to actually run the ball,the shock and horror on his face at the realisation he had to run.....priceless.!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Our defence still needs work, especially the first contact.

Only 3 tigers players managed to have 0 missed tackles last night, and 12 of the 14 who did miss tackles, missed at least 2.

Those stats are the biggest worry. Because if that continues, then we'll end up having to commit more players to each tackle and that creates holes in our defensive line.

innsaneink

Referee
Ruck D was pathetic early, we get pushed back in D, we dont dominate, we are slack to get to marker and back onside...we struggle to put players on the deck...its really gone backwards of late

After half time the Sharks were running through our middle with ease at one stage,Sue seem to tighten the middle when he came on !

gronkathon

First Grade
Line speed was a worry.

Ava looked very sluggish laterally and Robbie was not great in defence early.

Galloway looks to be getting slower in every aspect.

Teddy & Gavet will improve the team 10 fold. The threat of Teddy around the forwards means teams cannot put three into tackles as often and Gavet is just hard to bring down

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Sharks though do have a good pack and they do roll upfield very easily.

But that's about all they have, is metres through the middle.

Our defence on the edges was poor, Simona and Lawrence missed 2 tackles each, Anasta missed 2 tackles, Brooks missed 3, Paterson missed 5, Thompson missed 3, Blair missed 4.

The centres and halves didn't make many tackles either, so they weren't tired from defending, nor targetted much, which makes the misses even worse.

Simona made 12 tackles, Lawrence 13, Anasta 8, Brooks 11.

Wade Graham had 4 tackle breaks & 2 offloads, Luke Lewis had 1 tackle break and 1 off load.

Poor communication in defence, poor first contact in tackles, inability to contain the ball, just created second phase chances on the egdes.

gronkathon

First Grade
Would like to see Rowdy & Simona switched.

Tim does not see clean ball and Lawrence can be as effective on the right as he is now

Tiger05

First Grade
Would like to see Rowdy & Simona switched.

Tim does not see clean ball and Lawrence can be as effective on the right as he is now

I would like to see this as well. Lawrence to me is going well however I think Simona would work better with Brooks.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If that were to happen, you'll all be back in here bagging Lawrence for playing like shit because he'd be getting no decent ball from Anasta.

Here's a better idea. Drop Anasta.

Sironen should slot into the five eighth gig when fit, give him a few games there and then move him into the Lock position, so that he can continue ball playing, but doing more forward work, while still running at the edges.

We cannot persist with Anasta all year, we need our 2015 halves to kick into place before the end of the season.

gronkathon

First Grade
I don't think Lawrence needs decent ball to do what he is actually good at. That is hitting half holes, getting quick PTB's for the team to roll on. Nofa would excel out of DH running off a Lawrence half break. Lawrence could actually make the most of Anasta in that respect. He became very adept at catching rubbish ball off Marshall.

For mine I just think we need the right mix of speed and experience on Brooks side of the field and a Patterson, Simona, Richards edge ticks that box

I believe we are stuck with Braith until at least the origin period is over

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
To a degree I agree.

Difference between Benji and Braith though, even today, is that Benji is still faster than Braith. On the few occasions that Benji's pass was actually decent, Lawrence had a bit of room to move/step/wind up.

With Anasta, he's so slow that by the time the centre gets the ball, the defence is already on top of them.

I dare say this is part of the reason why Simona is on Anasta's side. He doesn't have Lawrence's bulk, but f**k me he has a rock solid fend and he knows how to use it well, and that makes him hard to take down in a 1 on 1 situation.

Lawrence doesn't have that fend, so he relies a bit more on getting a bit of momentum and using his mass to bust through a gap.

There's only one other player in the comp with a fend like Simona's and thats Inglis. They just lock the elbow and as they are about to connect with the defender, they lean into the fend.

It sounds simple, but its actually quite a tricky thing to do, and something you don't see too many people master.

Hayne, Leutele and Hodges have pretty good fends too, but for mine, Simona and Inglis are well ahead.

Does anyone think Nofoaluma has a case to answer with the biting accusation ?
FootynRacing

No case to answer.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/we...review-committee/story-fndv39ms-1226922915131

WESTS Tigers winger David Nofoaluma has been cleared by the NRL match review committee of a biting allegation levelled at him by Cronulla's Wade Graham.

Graham made the claim in the Tigers' 22-20 win over the Sharks at Remondis Stadium on Saturday.

But on Monday the match review committee found Nofoaluma had no case to answer when it issued its charge sheet for round 10.

So why not charge Graham ? Perhaps Laurie wants him in SOO squad !

Latest posts