What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v NZW

Kilkenny

Coach
The most important thing today was the two points after back to back losses. Credit must be given to the Warriors they were very good, they really competed hard and I took note of the commentators who pointed out what a tough competitive game it was.

I think the reality is we are no longer the competition heavyweight, it is not possible to overcome the losses of two players who played massive roles in our three GF appearances which when you add the injuries to May and Martin it is a huge challenge to maintain the same levels of performance.

I can understand the frustration but the reality is we are not the same team, it’s going to be tough to make the top four, could be a challenge just to make the eight, this is a much tougher closer competition that the last three years have been.

Kilkenny

Coach
Sure, it’s a big part of his job. But having another kicker would still help the team.

Does anyone know where Connor Mason is at? Could help our hooker problem and with kicking.
No where near it mate. Kenny and Luke are the two best options however much most don’t want to accept it.

There's honestly no advantage in forcing goal line drop outs anymore. Especially not for us. Teams go short and have the advantage in knowing where and how they're kicking. Meaning they have a slightly better than 50% chance at getting it back.

Forcing drop outs and dominating field position and possession was the reason we could dominate so consistently.

But that footy isn't possible anymore. I don't celebrate when we force drop outs anymore because it doesnt mean we're getting the ball back.

Oddly its not even a rule change. Teams just slowly started doing it. With decent success and other teams copied. We tend to only do it if we need tge ball. But some clubs like Souths, Eels etc. Will do it every single time

It was Walker brothers doing it in the Queensland cup that brought it in. It’ll be interesting to see how teams adapt to it, more training might increase the odds for the attacking team.

Kilkenny

Coach
Well then we need to go all in on Luke and ditch Kenny then.
There just aren’t any options other than the Kenny - Luke combination.

Talk of somehow trying to manufacture somebody such as say Cogger just isn’t realistic. Sommerton has had some decent games in NSW Cup but it is a huge step up to NRL I don’t think he is at that level. He is not eligible currently anyway so no point even talking about him.

I just wonder whether we are experiencing a burnout factor after three huge seasons, Covid interruptions and the impact of the short pre season after a World Cup where we had so many of our players involved.

The effort is there, as evidenced from our defence, but for whatever reason the attack just isn’t clicking.

WestyLife

First Grade
Can you imagine what this forum would be like if we had lost.

Hang on a minute......did we lose ?
We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

LOL. arrogant, self important, haughty.......the list goes on.

I believe your previous name suits you better.

'his worst game in first grade'......talk about no idea. Genalised statement which is not based on fact.

Your ego knows no bounds.

stop-it-get-some-help.gif

Chins get the wins

First Grade

Talk of somehow trying to manufacture somebody such as say Cogger just isn’t realistic. Sommerton has had some decent games in NSW Cup but it is a huge step up to NRL I don’t think he is at that level. He is not eligible currently anyway so no point even talking about him.

I just wonder whether we are experiencing a burnout factor after three huge seasons, Covid interruptions and the impact of the short pre season after a World Cup where we had so many of our players involved.

The effort is there, as evidenced from our defence, but for whatever reason the attack just isn’t clicking.
We haven't filled the top 30 so Sommerton could play if we wanted. I also believe from next week round 11 that development contacted players are eligible to play without taking a top 30 spot. I'm not sure who we have on those contracts though.

That was Mitch Kenny's worst game for us. He seems to be getting worse each week which is a worry. Ivan needs to make a big call or we can't do shit this year imo

WestyLife

First Grade
We haven't filled the top 30 so Sommerton could play if we wanted. I also believe from next week round 11 that development contacted players are eligible to play without taking a top 30 spot. I'm not sure who we have on those contracts though.

That was Mitch Kenny's worst game for us. He seems to be getting worse each week which is a worry. Ivan needs to make a big call or we can't do shit this year imo

The limited minutes with Api was fine but this current set up with Kenny being the main is pretty bad.

Black Magik

Juniors
The limited minutes with Api was fine but this current set up with Kenny being the main is pretty bad.
I don’t know if I read to much into it but when the cameras were on IC after Mitch dropped the ball at dummy half when on attack seemed like he has the same sentiments

WestyLife

First Grade
I don’t know if I read to much into it but when the cameras were on IC after Mitch dropped the ball at dummy half when on attack seemed like he has the same sentiments

He's not a bad or stupid coach he has to see it. He could feel backed into a corner with Luke not handling the defensive side well.

Mitch seems like a good kid and he tries hard so that's enough for some fans

Yeah I like him as well just wish he was used in a way that was better for the team.

Munky

Coach
If they're going to persist with Sorro on an edge near the line him and Spencer should swap.

I wouldn't want to be the half back going one on one with Spencer two metres from the line.

Would attract the centre too.

Sorro's best attribute is his late footwork which would be best utilised in the middle to create space for the offload or pull defenders out of position.

Bellamy used to line NAS up on the weakest defender in the opposition and Ivan should look to do the same thing.

Iamback

Coach
Sure, it’s a big part of his job. But having another kicker would still help the team.

Does anyone know where Connor Mason is at? Could help our hooker problem and with kicking.

We won the comps with him doing 90% of kicking. The problem is the poor service from hooker

Wizardman

First Grade
Your eyes are obviously painted on then. No idea.
Give me a winger who can finish a tough chance over a winger who makes tough metres coming out of their own end anyday. The primary two jobs of a winger is to (a) catch a high ball (success) and to (b) finish a tough movement (fail).

There is a LOT of good in Turuva.....but he needs to work on finishing....and fast.

BxTom

Bench
Give me a winger who can finish a tough chance over a winger who makes tough metres coming out of their own end anyday. The primary two jobs of a winger is to (a) catch a high ball (success) and to (b) finish a tough movement (fail).

There is a LOT of good in Turuva.....but he needs to work on finishing....and fast.

What position(s) did he play coming through the juniors?

There’s little harm in trying Sommerton, though. Maybe not for a big match, but there’s plenty of games he could play to get a taste.

Latest posts