What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v NZW

Girds89

Bench
Lachlan illias is honestly kicking better than Nathan. At least he is taking it to the line keeping defences guessing before kicking it..

Ivan and the boys have a lot of work to do..

hindy111

Post Whore
So we got the win. I got my scoreless in the second half wish, but we had a second drop over the line (following one in the first half).

As it stands right now we are 2nd. Obviously others will jump us over the course of the weekend, but cut the doom and gloom.

No one here is saying we are playing particularly well, but isn’t that encouraging? We are where we are (entrenched in the 8) despite playing now where near our best.

The is clumsiness in the attack, and I think part of it is not having patience and trying too hard; too many times we have three (sometimes four) players all turning up at the ruck and breaking down the play.

I'll be honest and say I am unsure if Penrith can win it. The attack is just so sterile. Nothings happening. It could be grand final hang over and come finals they'll fire up.

Crighton was shit house today. He makes to many dumb decisions.
Kenny is garbage at hooker. Slow service and nothing creative about him.
Need to find some spark. I'm not sure where it comes from or if it's best to promote a few kids so they have time to get up to the speed of the NRL come finals.

Spencer is almost becoming your best prop and gee what a shame he is leaving. When nothings happening he is the guy who is stepping up. I'd love to of kept him over Leota.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Can you imagine what this forum would be like if we had lost.

Hang on a minute......did we lose ?
We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

I'll be honest and say I am unsure if Penrith can win it. The attack is just so sterile. Nothings happening. It could be grand final hang over and come finals they'll fire up.

Crighton was shit house today. He makes to many dumb decisions.
Kenny is garbage at hooker. Slow service and nothing creative about him.
Need to find some spark. I'm not sure where it comes from or if it's best to promote a few kids so they have time to get up to the speed of the NRL come finals.

Spencer is almost becoming your best prop and gee what a shame he is leaving. When nothings happening he is the guy who is stepping up. I'd love to of kept him over Leota.
You speak a lot of truth. But two weeks ago Souths played a great game against us and only won in the last 2 minutes.

Lots of time for the attack to click and we have the game to thrive when the games slow down at the end of the year.

snickers007

Juniors
I'm convinced that the more time Critta has to think about what he'll do, the worse his decision will be. Complete rocks and diamond performance today. Couple of great tackles jamming in, and some real class off the charge down. But also had a real bad read early in the game when Ford strolled through, and then a terrible grubber, followed by a stupid offload to no-one in the second half.

On the other side of the field, another 2 bombed tries to Turuva. He's not a first grade winger IMO. His finishing is terrible, average positioning receiving kicks, and is very small and gets driven back often.

I'm liking Lindsay Smith more and more everytime I see him. He always looks to get his arms free with the ball, has a bit of a jink/swerve before the line. And is definitely holding his own in defence. I maintain that Sorenson needs to be back in the middle ASAP, but Smith is definitely first drop for our middles, and think he'll be a regular next season.

Happy with the two points, happy with the physicality that we showed. Everything else is a massive work in progress.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I'm convinced that the more time Critta has to think about what he'll do, the worse his decision will be. Complete rocks and diamond performance today. Couple of great tackles jamming in, and some real class off the charge down. But also had a real bad read early in the game when Ford strolled through, and then a terrible grubber, followed by a stupid offload to no-one in the second half.

On the other side of the field, another 2 bombed tries to Turuva. He's not a first grade winger IMO. His finishing is terrible, average positioning receiving kicks, and is very small and gets driven back often.

I'm liking Lindsay Smith more and more everytime I see him. He always looks to get his arms free with the ball, has a bit of a jink/swerve before the line. And is definitely holding his own in defence. I maintain that Sorenson needs to be back in the middle ASAP, but Smith is definitely first drop for our middles, and think he'll be a regular next season.

Happy with the two points, happy with the physicality that we showed. Everything else is a massive work in progress.

If Suniva was so dreadful today. Why did Cleary highlight his good work in the presser ?

180 meters, 20 runs, 7 tackles, 55 post contact meters. (couple of those tackles saved tries)

Not a bad nights work.

mxlegend99

Referee
Turuva has actually bombed more tries than he has scored. 8 games for 2 tries this year. 11 games for 3 tries in his career. His strike rate is quiet low for our left edge

May had 5 tries after 5 games.
Staines had 6 after 2 games.

Turuva just doesn't look good as a finisher. Despite being great at contesting bombs. Throwing his body into the defensive line at a million miles an hour etc. I like him. But we need our wingers converting opportunities into points.

snickers007

Juniors
If Suniva was so dreadful today. Why did Cleary highlight his good work in the presser ?

Because Ivan Cleary is a good coach who doesn't throw his players under the bus. Maybe Tito is the kind of player who needs a cuddle instead of a rocket?

Honestly how many times have you ever heard Cleary publicly bag one of his players? Even when he does speak about individual players who are struggling, his language is very soft. You'll hear things like "probably not up to his own standards" or "just a little off the pace". But more often than not he'll deflect the attention away, and credit the opposition.

All I know is that he's bombed 3 tries the past 2 games. He's been continually found by opposition kickers. And there is a noticeable difference to our sets when Edwards is the one fielding the ball to start things off.

He didn't make any mistakes today coming out of our end, which is a positive.

But I just reckon he could benefit from a spell in NSW Cup to work on a few things and enjoy the slower pace, and less physical tackles.

martielang

Bench
I think you stick with Turuva. For the most part he’s doing a solid job especially under the high ball, and can see upside in him. His finishing will improve.

The Warriors only try blew away anything we did with the ball today. Players running with purpose at space. Can only hope we’re keeping our powder dry for later in the season because we are so pedestrian in attack you could set your clock to our sets. No variety or eyes up play.

Still think we’re a major shout for the comp though. At 50% we beat most teams. Playing at 80% we beat South’s and the Broncs who are clearly the stand out teams atm.

BxTom

Bench
I think you stick with Turuva. For the most part he’s doing a solid job especially under the high ball, and can see upside in him. His finishing will improve.

The Warriors only try blew away anything we did with the ball today. Players running with purpose at space. Can only hope we’re keeping our powder dry for later in the season because we are so pedestrian in attack you could set your clock to our sets. No variety or eyes up play.

Still think we’re a major shout for the comp though. At 50% we beat most teams. Playing at 80% we beat South’s and the Broncs who are clearly the stand out teams atm.
Agree, with a little work on his finishing he will be a solid player.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Like I said every club needs fans with no idea about the sport

LOL. arrogant, self important, haughty.......the list goes on.

I believe your previous name suits you better.

'his worst game in first grade'......talk about no idea. Genalised statement which is not based on fact.

Your ego knows no bounds.

I would like to see him on the other side. He has worked really hard for the team and (ex scoring) has done a really good job. I do think he could try some footwork at the line sometimes; at the moment it is just hit the line hard and win the contact and people are now expecting it.

Bob

Juniors
Watching the came and there’s no sugar coating it, Kenny is shyte, Luke is only slightly less shyte, Kenny can’t seem to pass off the ground, he can’t call his forwards onto the ball like all good hookers can, I’d seriously look at converting Cogger if he’s interested, if not look in the Qld cup, someone like Tyson Smoothy, on a development deal with the Broncs and stuck behind the coaches son and Corey Paix,