What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v Rabbits Game Day Thread

yy_cheng

Coach
I agree. I thought he was absolutely inspirational, particularly when we were under pressure and coming off our own line. In a team that has in recent weeks been criticised for having a poor attitude, his type of player is so valuable. He is definitely a representative player for the future. I'd go so far as to say that he'd be a better pick for NSW than Bryce Cartwright.

I hate to be the one that complains about the referees but I thought Ben Cummins had a shocker. In recent weeks we have had no one but ourselves to blame for our rubbish performances but if we had lost tonight we could have blamed the referee. For starters, we were penalised all night for the most innocuous ruck infringements, then there was Greg Inglis getting penalised for making a good tackle, Jennings' forward pass for Semi's second try was missed, Nathan Brown getting penalised for a supposed swinging arm that hit De Gois in the chest, Adam Reynolds getting denied a try which by the letter of the law was a clear try, Brad Takairangi's knock on at the end where the referee calls "knock on both ways" yet awards the scrum to Parra...the list goes on. I think its fair to say that we were doing it tough in terms of rub of the green in regards to the refereeing decisions. My question is, would Peats have been the difference between the two teams if he was playing tonight?

Foran was sorely missed.

The difference with Peats in the team is what Keary brought to your team. Some spark.

Usually, Peats tackles his heart out and then IDG comes on and ups the tempo.

We didnt have that as probably due to injuries and head knocks, IDG played hooker all night.

Our props were poor. Paulo and Peni didn't dominate or get any rollons and so we played sideways.

Your defense was very good. Much like ours was before all this salary cap crap

I don't think much of Johnstone as a fullback. Parra were going for him as a fullback last year and I'm glad we didnt.

And brown was lucky he missed. If he hadn't he was off.

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
De Gois had 5 missed tackles. He tried hard but That is pretty poor in the middle of the field. He offers less than peats in attack too.

Kornstar

Coach
I agree. I thought he was absolutely inspirational, particularly when we were under pressure and coming off our own line. In a team that has in recent weeks been criticised for having a poor attitude, his type of player is so valuable. He is definitely a representative player for the future. I'd go so far as to say that he'd be a better pick for NSW than Bryce Cartwright.

I hate to be the one that complains about the referees but I thought Ben Cummins had a shocker. In recent weeks we have had no one but ourselves to blame for our rubbish performances but if we had lost tonight we could have blamed the referee. For starters, we were penalised all night for the most innocuous ruck infringements, then there was Greg Inglis getting penalised for making a good tackle, Jennings' forward pass for Semi's second try was missed, Nathan Brown getting penalised for a supposed swinging arm that hit De Gois in the chest, Adam Reynolds getting denied a try which by the letter of the law was a clear try, Brad Takairangi's knock on at the end where the referee calls "knock on both ways" yet awards the scrum to Parra...the list goes on. I think its fair to say that we were doing it tough in terms of rub of the green in regards to the refereeing decisions. My question is, would Peats have been the difference between the two teams if he was playing tonight?

Your team did send a record number of players to the concussion bin, so I don't think you were angels tonight.

forward pass

Coach
I wouldn't be surprised if we only won 3 or 4 more games.

That is a ridiculous statement.

We were never ever going to win 12 from 15. I thought that was a bit of a wank. The Cowboys won't even win 12 from 15. We are good but not that good.

We just picked a shithouse time to play Souths. They were always going to be right up for this one.

Chipmunk

Coach

We were never ever going to win 12 from 15. I thought that was a bit of a wank. The Cowboys won't even win 12 from 15. We are good but not that good.

We just picked a shithouse time to play Souths. They were always going to be right up for this one.

Unfortunately we will probably pick a shit house time to play the Storm mext week if they lose as expected to the Cowboys tomorow night.

Kornstar

Coach

Really? You can't see us capitulating after we are mathematically out of the finals race equation in a few weeks?

It's the Parramatta way!

souths_pride

Juniors
Foran was sorely missed.

The difference with Peats in the team is what Keary brought to your team. Some spark.

Usually, Peats tackles his heart out and then IDG comes on and ups the tempo.

We didnt have that as probably due to injuries and head knocks, IDG played hooker all night.

Our props were poor. Paulo and Peni didn't dominate or get any rollons and so we played sideways.

Your defense was very good. Much like ours was before all this salary cap crap

I don't think much of Johnstone as a fullback. Parra were going for him as a fullback last year and I'm glad we didnt.
To be fair, I think your props have been poor all season. In my view, the biggest strength of you guys is your kick returns - Clint Gutherson is so elusive, Radradra is a wrecking ball who does the work of a winger and a front rower and Gordon makes handy metres as well. Basically, these plays get you in such good field position that you can get away with having mediocre front rowers. However, I do feel that it would in your best interests to start Kenny Edwards in place of Moeroa. I remember coming on here last year and criticising him but at present, he is your most destructive forward.

Our defence was good and we looked more like the South Sydney of old. I can't complain too much but given our performance tonight I think our players should be ashamed of themselves for the effort they put in over the last few weeks. Tonight's effort was that of a top 8 team and one that we should be producing regularly. Its hard to believe that this was the same group of players that got battered by the Wests Tigers a fortnight ago. Keary was also good but I think everyone, and I'm mainly speaking about Souths fans, needs to calm down and put things in perspective. Playing well for 20 minutes against a tired Parramatta team doesn't make you a good player; he needs to be doing this sort of thing week in, week out in order to earn himself the money he is after.

I don't think you guys should be too despondent after tonight's loss; its not as if you guys were playing the way we have been in recent weeks. It was an exceptionally high quality game of tough, old school football that was decided by a few moments of brilliance.

souths_pride

Juniors
Your team did send a record number of players to the concussion bin, so I don't think you were angels tonight.
I didn't think that there was too much grubby stuff on our part. There was nothing in the Greg Inglis tackle on Edwards and Nathan Brown's 'swinging arm' hit De Gois in the body. It was just a good game of tough, old fashioned footy.

hindy111

Post Whore
Really? You can't see us capitulating after we are mathematically out of the finals race equation in a few weeks?

It's the Parramatta way!

Hi Mr negative:shock:

We lost all our points. We are in a pipe dream to make finals. After tonight TBH you are more then likely right. But why do you have to come out and say it? I for one like living in a fantasy world so take your shitty thoughts and stick them up your bum

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree our forwards are average. Guys like Wicks - Gower are average. Tepai has not done what i thought he would. Has not got a lot better. We need a big hard running prop who makes 150mtrs every game.

Kornstar

Coach
I didn't think that there was too much grubby stuff on our part. There was nothing in the Greg Inglis tackle on Edwards and Nathan Brown's 'swinging arm' hit De Gois in the body. It was just a good game of tough, old fashioned footy.

Gower and Wicks went off in consecutive tackles. Knees into a player scoring a try and Inglis landed on while elbowing Edwards in the face.

Old fashioned alright, doesn't make it good.

Hi Mr negative:shock:

We lost all our points. We are in a pipe dream to make finals. After tonight TBH you are more then likely right. But why do you have to come out and say it? I for one like living in a fantasy world so take your shitty thoughts and stick them up your bum

I'm a realist, sorry......

Chipmunk

Coach
Agree our forwards are average. Guys like Wicks - Gower are average. Tepai has not done what i thought he would. Has not got a lot better. We need a big hard running prop who makes 150mtrs every game.

It was always going to be our Achilles Heel. It's why were going to struggle next season unless we can replace Junior with someone better.

souths_pride

Juniors
Gower and Wicks went off in consecutive tackles. Knees into a player scoring a try and Inglis landed on while elbowing Edwards in the face.

Old fashioned alright, doesn't make it good.

I'm a realist, sorry......
What happened with Wicks and Gower? It can't have been all that bad because they came back to feature.

It was always going to be our Achilles Heel. It's why were going to struggle next season unless we can replace Junior with someone better.
Unfortunately there is a shortage of quality props going around. We too are short on front rowers - that is why Nathan Brown was playing as a prop for us tonight. I know Kelepi Tanginoa is injured but from what I heard he was killing it in NSW Cup; do you think he will be playing first grade next season? Also, why isn't Daniel Alvaro being given a run? I've watched him a few times this season and every time I've seen him he looks the part.

Eelementary

Post Whore

You also reckon we got the rub of the green with the refs (a big :lol: at that), so I'll take your opinion with a kilo of salt...

souths_pride

Juniors
You also reckon we got the rub of the green with the refs (a big :lol: at that), so I'll take your opinion with a kilo of salt...
Out of all the refereeing decisions I mentioned, what ones would you disagree with? Also take into account you guys won penalties 10-5, so I think its pretty hard to argue that you got ripped off by the referees.

Latest posts