What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v Rabbits Game Day Thread

Gronk

Staff member
Good on the Bunnies. They played themselves back into some sort of form. They stifled our momentum with niggly elbows and face massages. In the end it was their lines speed and in-your-face aggression that got them over the line.

At 29 Inglis is playing like a player who is 35. Yes he's still above most of his peers, but he looks fat and slow.

We lacked that sharp confidence that Foz gives us.

How good is Taka with the ball in hand, probing the line.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well played Rabbitohs. Your blokes came out loud and proud and eked it out in the end.

I would argue 1 shocking set of decisions kept you in the game.
Wicks is stripped 10 out from his own line, ruled dropped ball. The eels are hanging on, but Scott is penalised for making a tackle while onside (your hooker held it too long); from there the bunnies go in out wide and get back in the game.

Eels had it in their grasp though - a couple of bad decisions by our players cost us in the end.

On the grounding: i believe knock on as to ground with torso ball must be on the ground, you can't take itnto the ground with torso (i may be wrong?). Clearly reynolds takes it to the ground with torso. I thought that was a good call?

I wouldn't read too much into it - bloke reckons kneeing Semi in the head when he'd already grounded the ball isn't foul play...

Fair play to Souths - deserved winners.

But the officiating was bullshit.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Good on the Bunnies. They played themselves back into some sort of form. They stifled our momentum with niggly elbows and face massages. In the end it was their lines speed and in-your-face aggression that got them over the line.

At 29 Inglis is playing like a player who is 35. Yes he's still above most of his peers, but he looks fat and slow.

We lacked that sharp confidence that Foz gives us.

How good is Taka with the ball in hand, probing the line.

Imo they stifled our sttack by being offside all match.

Noise

Coach
Why did Norman put a nothing kick on the third tackle gifting them good field position? It was as dumb as Foran's similar kick in the Panther's game. They are elite halves on big money, surely they can count to 6? Or is the trainer sending out the message to kick early?Both of those shit kicks had a big impact on each game

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Why did Norman put a nothing kick on the third tackle gifting them good field position? It was as dumb as Foran's similar kick in the Panther's game. They are elite halves on big money, surely they can count to 6? Or is the trainer sending out the message to kick early?Both of those shit kicks had a big impact on each game
I thought that kick totally changed the game, we hardly got the ball after that.

Officiating was a joke against both sides - I thought that Reynolds try was fine. The whole 'stripped/lost ball' is always a joke. Offside only matters in certain games.

Norman's kick on the third was bad and it killed our momentum - I think all the stuff this week and his contract got to him. We needed another playmaker out there because the 9s offered nothing, Taka is a fill-in and the only answer at times seems to be 'get it to Semi'.

Suitman

Post Whore
Way too much negativity in this thread.
Players that were heroes last week are being bagged out relentlessly, when in effect, a few small simple errors and a couple of poor judgement calls cost us this game.
Souths were good. We were good. They were just that little bit gooder when it counted, and it showed on the scoreboard at the end.

I am furious about one thing though, and it's already been mentioned a few times, but that tackle on Edwards by Inglis was just a pure act of thuggery, and I'll be very disillusioned with this game if he doesn't get at least a week. It was a deliberate forearm to the head.

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
Players that were heroes last week are being bagged out relentlessly, when in effect, a few small simple errors and a couple of poor judgement calls cost us this game.
Souths were good. We were good. They were just that little bit gooder when it counted, and it showed on the scoreboard at the end.

I am furious about one thing though, and it's already been mentioned a few times, but that tackle on Edwards by Inglis was just a pure act of thuggery, and I'll be very disillusioned with this game if he doesn't get at least a week. It was a deliberate forearm to the head.

Suity

I saw commentary on that this AM and they said because there was no separation from the elbow to the head, that it was ok. :roll:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Suity

Well said!!

I have mentioned it a few times, gee how many times last night were there eels players tackle around the head and slammed into the ground?

Souths were good, but gee they pushed the line in defence last night

Haynzy

First Grade

Suity

Here here!

Or is it hear hear?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Inglis will have no case to Answer, protected species he is. Souths definitely grubbed it up and it put us off our game.

Glenn

First Grade
I saw commentary on that this AM and they said because there was no separation from the elbow to the head, that it was ok. :roll:

No separation from the Elbow to the Head, WTF are they smoking?? It was a pure and simple cheap shot , that cost Parramatta a Forward for the rest of the game, and GI goes unpunished...FMD

TheParraboy

Staff member
We didn't deserve to win the game, it was very unlike us from most of the previous 9 rounds

I think Dean Widders said it best, there was so much pressure on us. Not just to win , but win well. Pressure we didn't have before. Edwards coming out and saying the next two sideS Parra play better watch out didnt help.

Im not gonna write our season off just yet, hopefully normal transmission next week and we belt the Storm

Ben Cummins made some poor decisions last night against both sides, i don 't think it is NRL standard but what else do they have?
If you read RLW this week you will will see that Archer is not well liked by the Refs and comes down hard on them if they make a mistake so they are now 2nd guessing themselves.
But Trent Robinson was spot on about him.

souths_pride

Juniors
We should've got a lot more than ten penalties tonight. Souths were very dirty, and got away with it.
Really? Any incidents you have a problem with in particular that you feel were missed? I thought we were physical without crossing the line. Remember lads, this is rugby league - its a contact sport!

Well played Rabbitohs. Your blokes came out loud and proud and eked it out in the end.

I would argue 1 shocking set of decisions kept you in the game.
Wicks is stripped 10 out from his own line, ruled dropped ball. The eels are hanging on, but Scott is penalised for making a tackle while onside (your hooker held it too long); from there the bunnies go in out wide and get back in the game.

Eels had it in their grasp though - a couple of bad decisions by our players cost us in the end.

On the grounding: i believe knock on as to ground with torso ball must be on the ground, you can't take itnto the ground with torso (i may be wrong?). Clearly reynolds takes it to the ground with torso. I thought that was a good call?
Thanks mate. I thought he lost the ball but in saying that we got penalised a few times for stripping/hands on the ball when in fact the Parramatta player lost it. These sorts of penalties have become a bit of a lottery! Ben Cummins didn't help by putting massive pressure on himself early on by getting involved far too much when it wasn't warranted!

With regards to the Adam Reynolds try, the rule states you are allowed to ground the ball for a try with your upper torso. It is a bullshit rule but by the letter of the law it should have been a try. Ben Cummins sent it up as a try but the bunker somehow conclusively determined that the ball came off his arm before he grounded it with his torso. I'm not so sure how they managed to see the ball come off his arm. They must have some bloody good cameras in that bunker.

Suity
I think you summed up the game pretty well. You guys were not bad at all. It was a game of football played to a very very high standard. If you guys were playing against the Broncos, Sharks or Cowboys I think you guys would have won. Its just that we were absolutely desperate as well after some of the most humiliating performances in the clubs recent history over the last few weeks.
To be fair, I think Norman does that quite often. While he does come up with moments of magic, he also comes up with a fair few shocking plays. I said it a few pages earlier in this thread that I think your better off letting Norman go to the Roosters and trying to get Ryan Matterson back.

By the way I also think that you guys made a mistake in not taking the 2 points at goal; both sides were tiring and taking the two would have not only extended your lead but ensured that you retained possession.
I wouldn't read too much into it - bloke reckons kneeing Semi in the head when he'd already grounded the ball isn't foul play...

Fair play to Souths - deserved winners.

But the officiating was bullshit.
You guys had the better of the luck in regards to refereeing decisions. There was nothing in the Inglis elbow to the head and even if you did have a problem with it. It got penalised anyway so you can't really say that it was missed or that you got ripped off.

I already said before that the Semi thing could have been an 8 point try but probably wasn't because there was no intent there to collect him high; the guy was just coming across to make a covering tackle but accidentally clipped him. Once again, if you have a gripe with that, I could point to the fact that Beau Scott was penalised for tripping Adam Reynolds.

souths_pride

Juniors
Ben Cummins made some poor decisions last night against both sides, i don 't think it is NRL standard but what else do they have?
If you read RLW this week you will will see that Archer is not well liked by the Refs and comes down hard on them if they make a mistake so they are now 2nd guessing themselves.
But Trent Robinson was spot on about him.
I think he is a poor referee because he tends to love the sound of his own voice way too much. What happened last night is that Cummins got involved way too much early on blowing ridiculous penalties that weren't necessarily warranted. That meant that there was a bit of pressure on him to stay out of things in the second half or face accusations that he was trying to become the centre of attention. What frustrates me is that come the Grand Final, the refs stay completely out of things and let the game flow. Why can't they ref every game like that?

yy_cheng

Coach
We need more set plays in their 20. Most of the time we don't really know what we are doing.

Gordon's chiming in its not effective

yy_cheng

Coach
Guth Bus>>>>>>>>>> Gordon at fullback in attack.

I would trial it. Gutha at FB in attack and Gordon the rest of the time.

I personally dont think Gutha would be that much better. A bit too slow for mine.

I didnt watch the whole city vs country (got bored) but he seemed safe but didnt seem that good in attack from what i saw.

However, there's not other option.

However, since Foran is out, drop Toutai and trial a youngster.

Latest posts