What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v Warriors

LordLeague

Juniors
When Matt Robinson plays, Penrith do well. Check the stats, you will see I am right. This guy is class.

Lord League

maple_69

Bench
The guy really knows how to hit a hole. He could have developed a really good combo with Jennings but hopefully we see Roberts soon benefiting regardless.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
Great win, John does look the goods, if he keeps playing like that he will be hard to drop for anyone. Simmons I can't believe his form one of the best again, can't say anyone had a bad game after that win, well done.

meek

Juniors
nothing short of sensational effort

All played well - best players IMO
Too many to mention LOL
Maybe special mention Isaac John - great game exactly what we have missed all these years -

Ivan and Gus have done a fantastic job EDIT take this back if you guys sign Bloody Wallace

On another note - if you where a warriors fan you'd be asking how on earth did Elliot get the gig given his track record ..................

Hopeless coach Warriors sack him ASAP and appoint a coach who knows how to coach

Thank GOD he's not with us anymore - worse coach ever to coach Penrith IMO

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
Still buzzing after last nights effort. Although I really hope the Dragons step up next week & it is more like the Storm game. Then we will get a better idea of where we are.

The first 5 sets with no ball & not conceding points set the tone. I think the Warriors dropped their bundle after that. All our boys did the jersey proud.

One thing I did notice was Docker seemed a little off, he ran the ball hard & straight but his defence was not near as good as usual. Its being a bit picky given the result, but just something I noticed during the game. Maybe he copped a bit of a knock?

marty65

Juniors
Great night to be a Panther's fan!..:D. Superb effort from all 17 players.
I dont want to jinx things, but it all seems to be coming together well.
Important game against the Dragons coming up next week.

maple_69

Bench
Yeah looking at the stats, Docker made 4 missed tackles which is not good enough for a guy in the team for his defence. Only one game but with Brown likely to come back into the second row shortly, Austin due back soon and a very talented guy like VTK starting to hit his straps, I wouldnt want to be underperforming over the next month.

chrisD

Coach
All missed tackles are not the same, one at least was a run out of the line on a kick return where he had nothing to lose as we had a set line against the sole ball carrier. It was his best game carrying the ball yet and I don't see him going anywhere. Newton should be the one sweating his spot.

PinkPanther

Juniors
The next 6 weeks are very important.
Dragons
Bye
Tigers
Raiders
Bye
Dragons
If we win all of those, which is very achievable, we should see ourselves in the top 8.

marty65

Juniors
All missed tackles are not the same, one at least was a run out of the line on a kick return where he had nothing to lose as we had a set line against the sole ball carrier. It was his best game carrying the ball yet and I don't see him going anywhere. Newton should be the one sweating his spot.

Yep, spot on about Docker. His hit-ups were outstanding last night. Couple of his missed tackles might have been due to him seeing stars for a while, after he came off 2nd best in a big collision in the 2nd half (that was one of the missed tackles). I dont know how he got up so quick after it actually.

soc123_au

Staff member

I wasnt suggesting Docker needs to be looking over his shoulder, just a few of the misses were un Docker like. His ball carrying was impressive, as it was against the Storm. He has a bright future.

Newton although doing nothing wrong will have to be the next to make way. Whether that is before or after McKendry or Latimore is back remains to be seen. I personally would like to see another young forward come in for him after the Bye.

soc123_au

Staff member
Any news on Anderson?

He came off limping only minutes after going on.

I heard it was a cork. Nothing to worry about I believe. The main reason he didnt return was he wasnt worth risking given the score.

maple_69

Bench
Don't get me wrong, I think he's shown more than a lot of people (myself included) thought he was capable of, especially with ball in hand, over the last month. Newton is definitely the next guy to go. After that, Mckendry comes back in for Masoe/Anderson and wow, we're actually looking like a solid team.

marty65

Juniors
In the 25 or so minutes that Masoe was on the field, he had an absolute blinder. I heard the commentator say that he was up to 17 hit-ups...and all of them were great hard runs. He will be staying on the bench.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
I thought Masoe has been going OK, I like having size on the bench, he is starting to bend opposition lines back and is getting some fitness about himself.

He drags 4 defenders to him every time he runs the ball and he runs at speed now which makes him very hard to stop.

I would punt Newton or Anderson for McKendry, Anderson has not done anything wrong just someone has to go and I don't think it should be Masoe.

I would prefer Newton to go but he seems to be in favour with IC, so it may have to be Anderson IMO.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Very happy with the win last night. First time we've won back to back in a while. Last night was enjoyable and sets the platform going into a slew of, what looks like at this stage, very winnable games. Still a long way to go but it feels as though in the last two weeks the pieces of the puzzle may have finally started to come together.