What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 versus the Titans

I'm Hornby

Juniors
3-5 years before we start to look like a quality first grade team? So given that it’s Hooks second year, you are willing to give him 5-7 years to get us competitive?
Wow, you are patient.
Not sure where you went to school but 3-5 years means year 3 starts next year and year 5 starts in 2024.

Don't know how that becomes 5-7 years by your math buddy.

How about the 40% kick Defusal mate? At least our fullback was fast though 😍

Hook took your advice last week and got Sloane in, got Sullivan in, Mbye 14 for almost half the game, the same changes you wanted v the Storm and weren't even good enough to beat the Titans with them in.

Like I said shit show.

Last edited:

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Close the game out has never happened in close games so that comes back to Hunt ..... Reynolds from Broncos and Hunt chalk and cheese ...... Hunt gives his all but cant close out a game ...... Piss poor team , no direction by the forwards Bird crabbing across field with no idea who to link up with, Hunt crabbing across field no idea who to give it to ..... Make the swap Hunt to 9 Sully to 7 or leave Sully at 9 ..... 8 years of the same shit .......
Your not wrong illusion we don’t run straight and hard we are f**king soft ain’t we

Dragon David

First Grade
I don’t know why we have an NRL comp of 26 weeks… we should just have the best of 3 matches between panthers and storm… having to suffer 26 rounds of pathetic footy when there are only 2 teams with any chance seems pointless
Right to the point - no argument from me. Most of the clubs are just going through the motions. We are not worth a crumpet. Our attack has been pathetic in 10 rounds. We can never reach 30, 40 points a game because we just have no genuine attacking plays just so unexciting football from us. No long range tries anymore and get us pumped.

justadragon

Bench
im sitting here dumbfounded just where we go from here, i really couldnt tell you which players should play where, to be thinking about virtually a total rebuild at round 10 is just ridiculous, im simply lost for words, but one thing is for sure i wont be wanting any player in a particular position because it will just all go pear shaped. so its over to you hook and best of luck.

Mojo

Bench
I don’t know why we have an NRL comp of 26 weeks… we should just have the best of 3 matches between panthers and storm… having to suffer 26 rounds of pathetic footy when there are only 2 teams with any chance seems pointless
This is it in a nutshell: even if we beat some of the ’lesser’ teams and scrape into the top 8 this year, which is looking increasingly unlikely, we’ll be beaten by Penrith or Storm in the first semi anyway. We may as well approach the remainder of this year as an opportunity to drill our young guys. We’ve got no choice other than to try to cultivate a new footy side.
I get a real sense that Hunt and Amone don‘t like each other.
How telling was the decision to take a penalty kick for goal from the sideline? Thank god it went over but, man, a penalty given 1m out and Im in from touch, with the opposition under pressure, and they take the kick! That’s such an unconfident footy side. After that decision, even though we converted the points, I knew we were going to lose the game.

jeffdragon

Bench
Right to the point - no argument from me. Most of the clubs are just going through the motions. We are not worth a crumpet. Our attack has been pathetic in 10 rounds. We can never reach 30, 40 points a game because we just have no genuine attacking plays just so unexciting football from us. No long range tries anymore and get us pumped.
My Dad used to say not worth a crumpet
Great quote.
It made me smile and laugh when I read it.
Well done Dragon David.

thebigredv

First Grade
Where to from here? The answer is as it has been, us as fans need to be patient, let the new coaching regime rebuild this side and expect it will take 3-5 years for us to start looking like a quality first grade team again. There are no quick fixes here unfortunately, things will have to run their course.

We could have signed Hynes last year with more effort or cash and we'd be talking about a win tonight.

I'm tired of being patient.

Clearly Amone and Sloan have some ability, I just think that Hook's stultifying and dumb power game (without the artillery to carry it out) is killing us - demonstrably even moreso than McGregor's did.
Possibly Mbye should have played fullback tonight cos Sloan offered nothing. Amone does try, but that knock on in extra time was inexcusable - he was under little pressure and could have taken his time to gather up the ball. As was his decision to make a foray out to the right side touchline when we were setting up for a field goal attempt.
Ramsey should get a crack at full-back next week, if he's fit. That was his preferred position in the highlights reels that had us purring over him a couple of years ago. Lomax needs to do some kicking practice. And if Jaiyden Hunt is eligible, he should get a crack and Lawrie should be punted until he learns some discipline. Or give Josh Kerr another go. Anyone, really - just no more Blocker until my nerves settle.
All in all, a really shabby, sub-standard performance. Yet again.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Watching the Storm vs Penrith. It looks like they are playing a completely different game then what the Dragons produce. Are you sure that this game is called Rugby League? It looks completely different to the Dragons Titans game.
Was thinking exactly the same..Nowhere near that level.At best we are presently a competitive NSW Cup side ...

Crush

Coach
Not sure where you went to school but 3-5 years means year 3 starts next year and year 5 starts in 2024.

Don't know how that becomes 5-7 years by your math buddy.

How about the 40% kick Defusal mate? At least our fullback was fast though 😍

Hook took your advice last week and got Sloane in, got Sullivan in, Mbye 14 for almost half the game, the same changes you wanted v the Storm and weren't even good enough to beat the Titans with them in.

Like I said shit show.
Really appreciate all the passive aggressive “buddy” “mate” language in this post, quality trolling.

Dragon David

First Grade
im sitting here dumbfounded just where we go from here, i really couldnt tell you which players should play where, to be thinking about virtually a total rebuild at round 10 is just ridiculous, im simply lost for words, but one thing is for sure i wont be wanting any player in a particular position because it will just all go pear shaped. so its over to you hook and best of luck.
We are not going anywhere from here justa. We had a great chance to win this game tonight but we found a way to lose it. I think even with Norman we had a better chance of winning the game.

The conditions were the same for both teams. I think on a drier track, the Titans would have scored more. Campbell was great in his return game but still they were beatable but we were just as beatable and the result showed this.

Our hope of winning tonight and then the next two and then the bye - to me we will get two point and that's it. After the bye, who knows. I'm just not sold on our playing strength - and not sold on our attacking coach - Head. I keep saying, we cannot win games if we don't score more tries and reach at least 25 points in a game. I cannot remember the last time we scored 40 points in a game. Well not with Hook. I think that Mary showed more in our attack than Hook but not big noting Mary by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm kind of fed up with this club at the moment. Week in, week out, the same useless game plans and useless way we play. So hard following the Dragons - 10 bloody years of struggle and rubbish results.

Mojo

Bench
Close the game out has never happened in close games so that comes back to Hunt ..... Reynolds from Broncos and Hunt chalk and cheese ...... Hunt gives his all but cant close out a game ...... Piss poor team , no direction by the forwards Bird crabbing across field with no idea who to link up with, Hunt crabbing across field no idea who to give it to ..... Make the swap Hunt to 9 Sully to 7 or leave Sully at 9 ..... 8 years of the same shit .......
Yep. I know it’s not going to happen and it’s done to death but Hunt has to go to 9, Sullivan to start at 7. Get some shape in attack. Move up in defence.
Sorry, but I don’t rate Hunt as captain. Don’t know who should be, though.
This team needs a rocket up it - including the coaching staff! Nothing to lose. I’ve been following the club for close to 60 years and can’t remember feeling so disappointed.
WTF is happening? It’s simply not good enough!

I'm Hornby

Juniors
We could have signed Hynes last year with more effort or cash and we'd be talking about a win tonight.

Who knows what happened with Hynes and if we could've signed him, certainly would've been a good addition though.

We've done alright with Suli, Sua, Molo and Mbye to a lesser extent.

Seeing as we're one of the clubs who operates within the salary cap we only get a few bites of the cherry to improve the squad each year which is why I say 3-5 years.

Crush

Coach

It’s funny how last year Sharks were at a fork in the road. They were a regular 7-8 kind of team but wanted more. Sacked their coach, were able to recruit an in demand coach. Told guys like Woods they weren’t in the future plans.
Were able to recruit 2-3 guys that other clubs were also going for (due to coaches relationship) All of a sudden they look like a team building to a premiership window.
Last year we finished on more or less the same points as sharks, fork in the road, we went south, they went north.
Our coach is shithouse. We need to get rid of him and start again, don’t waste another 5 years like we did with McGregor.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
Amone and Sloan are copping a bit of a pasting but one way to look at it is we got this performance in round 10 because we didn't have the courage to get it in rounds 4 to 9.

I'd rather learn what we have on our hands with the kids than just tread water as a bottom 8 team for the next few years.

They both had tough games tonight but tough games are expected for young guys. How they respond - if they're given the chance - will say a lot.

justadragon

Bench
Amone and Sloan are copping a bit of a pasting but one way to look at it is we got this performance in round 10 because we didn't have the courage to get it in rounds 4 to 9.

I'd rather learn what we have on our hands with the kids than just tread water as a bottom 8 team for the next few years.

They both had tough games tonight but tough games are expected for young guys. How they respond - if they're given the chance - will say a lot.
totally agree, they are in the side now, leave them there and see what happens, its not as if it matters who we use all of a sudden we are a top 4 side, we are a development team at best and really we should now expect nothing