What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 versus the Titans

possm

Coach
Nah just remaining level headed in an emotional moment. Quite a few moments that are gonna be going through their heads for a while and into the future in this one, particularly Sloan and Sullivan.

How they handle this will define their careers. Fingers are crossed it sharpens them up. That non catch from Sloan was a real shocker, in a situation where we would have received momentum. Comin up with that after waiting his turn to enter the team will sting him much more than we are stinging now.

Hook being the right coach to guide him through this remains to be seen. There's plenty of good Hook brings but there are also shortcomings which I think Hook is too 'traditional' to handle.
I want change, sack Griffin and Gentile. Hire Flannigan.

Dragon David

First Grade
There is no way in hell that we can climb up the ladder with this team of mostly no hopers. Instead of climbing up, we will be climbing down into the cellar.

I have no faith in this Dragons squad - without Su'a and Suli and maybe Hunt, there just isn't any quality in any of them - just go through the list - what a load of shit.

FlameThrower

Bench
We should never have had to go to golden point...

Blake Lawrie gave away a set restart that led to the Wallace try...He had his hands all over the Titan's players face on 4th tackle...

Just absolute stupidity...

I've been a fan of his but he's starting to wear thin with me...
He is a repeat offender at giving away those 6 agains ..

Gareth67

First Grade
The team is absolutely damn useless , for the life of me what is wrong with Lomax ? The young guns are shooting blanks and although I supported Griffin since his arrival , I am now having second thoughts with his ability to get this mob playing as a winning unit .

We have a team of spare parts that simply is not up to speed . The logic of buying players with plenty of experience is not working as their age hinders them .

I could say more , but I am too damn disappointed at some players stupidity and overall effort tonight , all in all it was merely a display of just how mistake ridden this mob is .

If there is any money in the clubs coffers then may I suggest that in future it is spent on quality players only and we have another chap with coaching premiership winning credentials sitting in the wings that is twiddling his thumbs at the moment - the time has arrived to use him .

Last edited:

I'm Hornby

Juniors
What a shit show!

Hook was right to give Sloane, Amone and Sullivan another opportunity in this game and all were patchy and that is being kind.

Kick Defusal % at 40 for the game, that sound low? Not as bad as Sloane's last game in top grade which was 38. This stat has been notably higher the past few weeks with Mbye at fullback who as I pointed out to a poster last week, at least was willing to put his body on the line, get under the ball when a forward is trying to barge over, organise the defence just everything you want a fullback to do. Young Campbell for the Titans is half Sloane's size and didn't once look to not get underneath a kick! Mbye isn't the long term answer at fullback but FMD Sloane doesn't appear to be either, so surely you go back to Mbye who is safe at the back if nothing else.

Wallace's barge over try was as soft as butter and unfortunately the three amigos were powerless in their attempt to stop him. That try doesn't get scored if McCullough and Mbye are defending in those positions I'm sorry to say.

The Fermour try people blaming Rava but that's Sloane again, a fullback who communicates with the back three is either covering that kick or making it clear to the winger that it's there for them to dive on. No point running 70 meters down the field after you've watched the opposition score, FMD!

Amone not simply picking that ball up at the end with his two god given hands was an absolute cluster f**k.

This is what many of us wanted and were pressuring the coach to let the kids play, we aren't going to win anyway etc. I'd prefer us to be a fringe top 8 side, building a better squad, a winning culture and an environment that develops good young players rather than a rubble who throws in kids who aren't ready at this point in time. A lot of players look good playing against 19 year Olds but we need players who can handle first grade footy and like it or not, McCullough and Mbye are at least proven first graders.

Where to from here? The answer is as it has been, us as fans need to be patient, let the new coaching regime rebuild this side and expect it will take 3-5 years for us to start looking like a quality first grade team again. There are no quick fixes here unfortunately, things will have to run their course.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Sloan and Amone are back to reserve grade.

I'd like to see Matt Feagai at fullback and Ramsey on the wing. Bird and Hut in the halves with Sullivan at hooker. Mbye at five-eighth.

De Belin and Molo played OK upfront.

The Coaching staff needs to properly prepare these young guns before selecting them in first grade.
De Belin and Molo are the only 2 forwards we get consistent effort from.
Feagai showed tonight he should be fullback, particularly given Sloan’s inexplicably clumsy performance. the solution to the fullback dilemma could have been right under our noses all this time. Ramsay or Sloan to wing. i will keep banging on about Hunt to 9, knowing it’s no hope.

FlameThrower

Bench
I know there’s emotional posts after that ‘effort’ and rightly so. But we need to admit we don’t have the squad, coaching staff or club leadership or vision to compete with the top sides. Any bright light is quickly extinguished and we are back to square one. We’ve been clutching at straws and pure blind faith that we can turn this old cart around.

qld redvee

Juniors
losing moose at half time didnt help our cause . Mbye was bad at hooker his service was not up to standard and Id like to see bud there for the 80. Like was mentioned on the forum we really need hunt to stop crabbing sideways with the one handed dummies , we need more attacking options than just hunt. Not sold on woods but looks like he is the best we have ( how pitiful ) We still missed a heap of tackles . On a positive our defence in the first half was excellent Id now be looking at michael molo and or jaiden hunt to come into the squad to give us something off the bench .. that was one game we needed sorry for the rant im still trying to get the heart rate down

Crush

Coach
What a shit show!

Hook was right to give Sloane, Amone and Sullivan another opportunity in this game and all were patchy and that is being kind.

Kick Defusal % at 40 for the game, that sound low? Not as bad as Sloane's last game in top grade which was 38. This stat has been notably higher the past few weeks with Mbye at fullback who as I pointed out to a poster last week, at least was willing to put his body on the line, get under the ball when a forward is trying to barge over, organise the defence just everything you want a fullback to do. Young Campbell for the Titans is half Sloane's size and didn't once look to not get underneath a kick! Mbye isn't the long term answer at fullback but FMD Sloane doesn't appear to be either, so surely you go back to Mbye who is safe at the back if nothing else.

Wallace's barge over try was as soft as butter and unfortunately the three amigos were powerless in their attempt to stop him. That try doesn't get scored if McCullough and Mbye are defending in those positions I'm sorry to say.

The Fermour try people blaming Rava but that's Sloane again, a fullback who communicates with the back three is either covering that kick or making it clear to the winger that it's there for them to dive on. No point running 70 meters down the field after you've watched the opposition score, FMD!

Amone not simply picking that ball up at the end with his two god given hands was an absolute cluster f**k.

This is what many of us wanted and were pressuring the coach to let the kids play, we aren't going to win anyway etc. I'd prefer us to be a fringe top 8 side, building a better squad, a winning culture and an environment that develops good young players rather than a rubble who throws in kids who aren't ready at this point in time. A lot of players look good playing against 19 year Olds but we need players who can handle first grade footy and like it or not, McCullough and Mbye are at least proven first graders.

Where to from here? The answer is as it has been, us as fans need to be patient, let the new coaching regime rebuild this side and expect it will take 3-5 years for us to start looking like a quality first grade team again. There are no quick fixes here unfortunately, things will have to run their course.
3-5 years before we start to look like a quality first grade team? So given that it’s Hooks second year, you are willing to give him 5-7 years to get us competitive?
Wow, you are patient.

Illusion

Bench
f**king Shit shit coach shit team why do we bother watching and put up this shit show they had won and couldn’t close the game out
Close the game out has never happened in close games so that comes back to Hunt ..... Reynolds from Broncos and Hunt chalk and cheese ...... Hunt gives his all but cant close out a game ...... Piss poor team , no direction by the forwards Bird crabbing across field with no idea who to link up with, Hunt crabbing across field no idea who to give it to ..... Make the swap Hunt to 9 Sully to 7 or leave Sully at 9 ..... 8 years of the same shit .......

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Great that the young blokes got a go but some real costly errors there.
This team is so bloody hard to watch and never seals the deal.
That one should of been put to bed by Lomax and then dumb pens and poor defence to let them back. Ben Hunt, give it to the forwards, get in position and kick the field goal you are f**king paid to kick.
Instead he tries to break the line himsepf and drops it 30 out in front.
f**k me dead, hard work being a dragons fan. Haha

dungay dragon

Juniors
I don’t know why we have an NRL comp of 26 weeks… we should just have the best of 3 matches between panthers and storm… having to suffer 26 rounds of pathetic footy when there are only 2 teams with any chance seems pointless
Some observations from tonites effort
Rava (even though he finished stronger) and Lawrie are liabilities .
So is AM but he wasnt there tonite
Lawrie averages 2 to 3 repeat sets for the opposition ev game
Sides attack ravas side with the high ball and exploit his poor reading in defence
Mbye was as slow as AM at dummy half , but AM is a better defender
Would put Mbye back to 14 and persevere with Sloan at 1 and give him his chance
Both defence and attack coaches should be sacked
Notice how we Arm and Jersey grab ? . We fail to put the man on the ground , and often they get an off load away
We dont show any line speed in defence
There appears little or no set plays in attack apart from hunt to run sideways
Forwards take the ball one up with no support making them an easy target
Did we get flogged by our trainers this week ??????
We appeared so slow in everything we did esp first half
The kids made some errors but overall and considering the conditions tried to breathe life into the teams overall effort
Matt F needs more ball as he is a real talent
Sully showed good zip when he came on and should be kept at 9 for the time being
Hunt needs help .He cant be the sole play maker and conductor
Perhaps Amone and Sully given more free reign by Hook would be advantageous to the side as they play more minutes and get more first grade savvy ..
Desperately need Sua and McGuire on the field
Perhaps McGuire could've helped steady the ship in those frantic final minutes
We are still a work in progress , and its obvious we are not as good as what we and the playing group think we are , but there are positive signs esp with the youngsters coming through and hopefully some more astute signings
The Coach also has to sharpen up..Release the hand brake and let them play eyes up footy ...We are way to restrictive and robotic .He says he tells them to go out and enjoy them selves...I doubt that///

Latest posts