What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs. Panthers Discussion + Voting

user_nat

Coach
I'll be pretty disappointed if we do lose this one.

Unless like 6 people get injured in the first 5 minutes. That would be understandable.

IBA

Juniors
Te'o has had his arm cast removed. Hoffman will go straight to fullback once he returns. Suggesting he or Beale play in the halves is just ludicrous. Hoffman's clear best position is fullback and he has generally failed playing anywhere else. Beale's best is fullback but he goes okay at right centre but will probably end up on the wing.

I certainly don't mean now. When we're short Locky next year, we can only have one fullback and right now we have two players that look good in the position. Also, we currently have 0 players i have any confidence will be able to successfully fill the number 6 jersey next year. Both Hoffman and Beale are obviously very talented players, if there was a way if one of them had the ability to fit in the halves (Beale kicked quite a bit on the weekend, including attacking kicks and seems to have a solid step and pass on him) I would prefer that 500% over the current options of Hunt or Norman who look so out of place in the NRL it isn't funny.

Elia_Tuqiri

Juniors
Hoffman is a better fullback, winger, and centre than Beale will ever be.
Beale either plays fullback or QLD CUP.

Hench

Juniors
You guys want Beale to leave the club? :crazy:

I'd be more then happy to have him on the left wing for the rest of the year.

Elia_Tuqiri

Juniors
No Elia Tuqiri wants him out. The rest of us rate him, and agree with you that he should move to wing when Hoffman returns.

I don't rate him as a winger or centre.
He is handy at fullback, nothing more.
You could've chucked in Yow Yeh, Gagai, Maranta or Kahu (if not injured) in the number 1 and all of them would've show just as much. It is easy to look decent playing fullback with so much space.

beads6

First Grade
You could've chucked in Yow Yeh, Gagai, Maranta or Kahu (if not injured) in the number 1 and all of them would've show just as much. It is easy to look decent playing fullback with so much space.

Josh Hoffman agrees with you.

Elia_Tuqiri

Juniors

Beale showed again tonight why he is no centre.
Got found out big time in defense.
Corey Norman can getthefckout as well
Wallace good one week, fcken rubbish the next.

Last edited:

austyphoon

Juniors
This was coming for a a while, our attack is non existent, we should have finished on 0 with those two lucky tries.

I don't care what anyone says but Thaiday is playing like shit, he always takes the tackle, ALWAYS! and when he does he loses it! I feel he is overated....That's not while we lost tonight though.

No go forward and the Panthers were making 70 meters a set.

That's our bad game for the year, hopefully.

beads6

First Grade
Well the thud back to earth could be heard in China tonight. Disgraceful effort from our boys. Lets see how we come back from that game before we give up on the season and on Griffin.

beads6

First Grade
Beale showed again tonight why he is no centre.
Got found out big time in defense.
Corey Norman can getthefckout as well
Wallace good one week, fcken rubbish the next.

Yawn, your Beale bashing is old. In fact you only ever seem to bash non brothers... :crazy:

Big Pete

Referee
Surprised Elia didn't bring up Yow Yeh's worst performance...

Really frustrating night, we didn't looked switched on and Penrith just rolled us in the forwards. Losing Hodges and the sin binning of Parker was the icing on the cake.

3. Alex Glenn
2. Corey Parker
1. Dave Hala

And that's all she wrote really.