What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs. Sea Eagles Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Not really.

He was playing alongside a full strength Titans outfit and was easily their worst player.

Similar story at the Rabbits although he wasn't as bad, just prone to silly errors.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
Not really.

He was playing alongside a full strength Titans outfit and was easily their worst player.

Similar story at the Rabbits although he wasn't as bad, just prone to silly errors.

So he seems to be getting worse? So why did we ( the Broncos) "snap" him up then?
Like i said i didn't think i knew the guy at all when i heard his name and thought he must be some new blood coming up thru the ranks?
And I commented on his form just from what other posters here are saying. Anyway hope he surprises us and gives us some respite out there Friday night.

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
Not really.

I could be wrong on this, but I believe his debut (or close to it) game in the NRL with the Rabbits was outstanding from memory, and then it has been downhill from there.

But because of that one great game for the Bunnies, coupled with his form in QCup, people still pay attention to him and his potential.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Not really.

Full strength or not, Titans finished last in 2011 and he wasn't in their 'full strength' team. He only covered injuries generally at fullback. So he was on a hiding to nothing no matter what he did.

Big Pete

Referee
Nah, initially he was recruited to replace Rogers at five eigth and that's where he struggled. He'd make a few more appearances after that but the horse had already bolted.

Big Pete

Referee
Hodges in doubt for tomorrow - foot injury according the ABC website. Te'o or Gillett to play in the centres if Hodges is ruled out. (sorry can't post the link because I haven't made enough posts)

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...clash-with-manly/story-e6frep5o-1226351749524

Think the rules are trying to tell you something. ;-)

I wouldn't begrudge anyone tipping against us if Hodges is ruled out. We'll need him out there to counter their strike out-wide & give them something to worry about.

Te'o or Gillett to the centres fills me with little hope.

IBA

Juniors
Gagai would be handy right now :sarcasm:

Hahaha...

Damn this injury prone part of the season.

Both Gillette and T'eo have done well in the centres. Nothing close to Hodges but not bad. Gonna be a strange team lining up... What do we have then? I'd probably put T'eo in centres and let Gillette do his job off the bench.

Hoffman
Copley
Reed
T'eo
Beale
Norman
Hunt
Hannant
McCullough
Civoniceva
Glenn
Thaiday
Parker

Capewell
Gillette
McGuire
Lui

Bretto

Bench
Bit of a worry if Hodges doesn't play. He's been our best attacking weapon all season.

Snappy

Coach
If Hodges is out I'd prefer Teo to play centre rather than Gillo. We really need Hodges to play though. Gunna be a bloody tough game. Manly are hitting their straps again after a few poor games.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Broncos players aside. Looking forward to seeing DCE playing again. I seem to have missed watching the last few Manly games.

Of course I hope we smash them.

p.s @ snappy. I'd rather Teo fill in for Hodgo as well.....

AceAv

Juniors
teo vote here also. need jh prime for origin. Lui best choice still? Where's HALA?

IBA

Juniors
Broncos players aside. Looking forward to seeing DCE playing again. I seem to have missed watching the last few Manly games.

I missed last week but he was absolutely awful a couple of weeks ago. Second season syndrome? Seriously poor performance from him (which I hope he repeats tonight :) )

Big Pete

Referee
Anybody catch Fox's classic game of the week?

R2 vs. Manly '89

Otherwise known as the afternoon Wally was sent off.

That actual incident seemed pretty controversial, Wally definitely had his forearm up but didn't appear to deliberately elbow the defender.

Either way it worked out for the best as Brisbane ran away with a 22-18 victory.

Couple of notes
- Gene Miles was awesome in this game. Showed up in attack, defence & even took over the kicking responsibilities.

- Both Kerrod Walters & Andrew Gee are typical Bennett selections. Both youngsters chosen above proven Origin players (Conescu & Backo). Both played real well too, Gee worked hard while Walters came up with some smart plays from the ruck & made some crucial tackles.

- Manly were pretty ordinary on the day. Neither of their 3 tries came off set plays, mostly fortune like a dropped bomb, deflection off the posts off a kick & a 2-1 strip. For the most part they couldn't throw the last pass & blew a lot of chances to hit back.

Think there's a replay later in the day at about 4:30 if anyone is interested in watching some of the legends of the game.

Big Pete

Referee
When they eventually get an NRL channel - definitely.

I reckon the NRL would be smart to offer some sort of service on their website to stream older videos along with NSWRL, QRL, NYC & possibly even MM, CC, SG & HM matches.

They'd definitely have my money.

IBA

Juniors
Does anyone know anything about the Foxtel on XBOX NRL channel?

That could be fun/make my girlfriend hate me...

Leagueaddict

Juniors
I missed last week but he was absolutely awful a couple of weeks ago. Second season syndrome? Seriously poor performance from him (which I hope he repeats tonight :) )

Yeah people rave about DCE and the guy can play great but under pressure the kid has a habit of falling apart plus misses quite a few tackles defensively. So hopefully we run up on him and put the bejesus up Stewart all night long under the high ball with Reed and Co charging thru!

Gonna be a great battle - Go the Broncs! :)

http://www.nrl.com/broncos-v-sea-eagles-preview/tabid/10874/newsid/67318/default.aspx

Watch Out Sea Eagles: If the Broncos get on a roll down the centre of the park the Sea Eagles may find it tough to stay in the contest. Brisbane make the second-most metres every week (1435), with their broken-play runners Josh Hoffman (average 162 metres), Justin Hodges and Corey Parker leading the way. Also, a whopping 10 members of their squad of 17 make in excess of 10 runs a game, with Parker (19 runs) leading the way.

Where It Will Be Won: Two words: errors and completions. When two top sides like these meet it always boils down to respecting the Steeden. Currently the Sea Eagles make the fifth-fewest errors, with the Broncos middle of the NRL pack. Manly are completing their sets at 76.2 per cent to Brisbane’s 75.6 per cent – oh so close! The side that puts a gap on the other in this category will prevail.

Latest posts