What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs. Sea Eagles Discussion + Voting

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
I'm going:

3 - Norman
2 - McGuire
1 - Hannant

I can't give anything to Gillette, because although he scored 2 tries, he also let 2 in with his shoddy defence. I guess you can put it down to inexperience defending out there. I would rather us play Te'o there next time Hodges can't go.

Excellent game to watch. It sucks that it couldn't have finished a minute earlier.

Big Pete

Referee
Just put myself through the replay to see how it all translated on the telecast (& the western side, wasn't used to the eastern).

Going to steal what Gus basically said through out the game because he was on song.
- Slow start gave Manly an 8-0 lead.
- Once Norman started handling our last tackle kicks we got on a roll.
- Glenn try was smart. Good choice from Macca & good work from Glenn to back himself.
- Defence was too erratic. Wingers kept going back early which stretched us out-wide and gave Manly cheap metres. Marker defence & line speed was also poor & not good enough.
- The start to the second half was great. The run from McGuire summed it up & there were a couple of big defensive plays (forcing DCE over the sideline, Te'o strip, Beale's kick & chase).
- First Wolfman try was soft. Disappointed in Hoffman, I rate his defence highly but he had him covered.
- Liked how we kicked & chased our way back in the game. Show kick was sort of fortunate in a sense that props kicking the ball can be terrible at times but I was happy, he earned that try assist.
- Think it bit us in the ass a bit though. If he didn't do that, he probably would have come off for a well earned breather instead of dropping passes & falling off tackles.
- Macca grubber was stupid and completely changed the last ten minutes. He can kick fine but his decision making was just completely wrong. Looked like he panicked & instead of going for a settler play tried to be a hero.
- We were just holding on & Manly did their best to let us win the game at times with a few dumb options & cheap mistakes that let the pressure right off. Special shout out to Hoffman who took the kick in-front of Copley in a great show of confidence, Copley for getting the ball back in play & Thaiday's captain run.
- Final try still hurts but it required some great play from them to make it happen. Better than Bowen pulling our pants down at the scrum.

I still feel as I did on Friday, proud of the boys effort & feeling positive about our future. We have the roster to be anything & if Hook can identify the mistakes on display here we can go a long way in this competition.

Didn't think Capewell made a 'bad' Broncos debut either. Thought his service was fairly crisp & don't remember too many glaring defensive errors. Just the wrong game to be apart of unfortunately

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
Just put myself through the replay to see how it all translated on the telecast (& the western side, wasn't used to the eastern).

Going to steal what Gus basically said through out the game because he was on song.
- Slow start gave Manly an 8-0 lead.
- Once Norman started handling our last tackle kicks we got on a roll.
- Glenn try was smart. Good choice from Macca & good work from Glenn to back himself.
- Defence was too erratic. Wingers kept going back early which stretched us out-wide and gave Manly cheap metres. Marker defence & line speed was also poor & not good enough.
- The start to the second half was great. The run from McGuire summed it up & there were a couple of big defensive plays (forcing DCE over the sideline, Te'o strip, Beale's kick & chase).
- First Wolfman try was soft. Disappointed in Hoffman, I rate his defence highly but he had him covered.
- Liked how we kicked & chased our way back in the game. Show kick was sort of fortunate in a sense that props kicking the ball can be terrible at times but I was happy, he earned that try assist.
- Think it bit us in the ass a bit though. If he didn't do that, he probably would have come off for a well earned breather instead of dropping passes & falling off tackles.
- Macca grubber was stupid and completely changed the last ten minutes. He can kick fine but his decision making was just completely wrong. Looked like he panicked & instead of going for a settler play tried to be a hero.
- We were just holding on & Manly did their best to let us win the game at times with a few dumb options & cheap mistakes that let the pressure right off. Special shout out to Hoffman who took the kick in-front of Copley in a great show of confidence, Copley for getting the ball back in play & Thaiday's captain run.
- Final try still hurts but it required some great play from them to make it happen. Better than Bowen pulling our pants down at the scrum.

I still feel as I did on Friday, proud of the boys effort & feeling positive about our future. We have the roster to be anything & if Hook can identify the mistakes on display here we can go a long way in this competition.

Didn't think Capewell made a 'bad' Broncos debut either. Thought his service was fairly crisp & don't remember too many glaring defensive errors. Just the wrong game to be apart of unfortunately

Capewell tried one of those dummy and go moves from dummy-half that McCullough does, and failed miserably. Apart from that, he was ok for the whole 7-10 mins he got.

AceAv

Juniors
Not to mention the kick in the 65th or so minute that ended up in watmoughs hand for a counter. We needed a try there BAD!

Big Pete

Referee
That was Macca Ace.

I think I know the play you're referring to Vol but it wasn't last tackle or anything.

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
That was Macca Ace.

I think I know the play you're referring to Vol but it wasn't last tackle or anything.

Yeah - it wasn't the last play, but it was still a wasted one. I guess all things being considered it wasn't a huge error, but it is something I would like Macca to stop doing, let alone whoever replaces him for the 10-25 minutes that he is off.

Then again, if Capewell had scored off that play, the Broncs would have won, and we'd all be singing his praises for coming on and immediately having an impact.

AceAv

Juniors
oops -looked like capwell in my head...

But the more time I've had to reflect on this game, I really got to say; it's a game that Darren Lockyer would NOT have allowed us to lose. He would have just steered the perfect kicking ship to keep us at the pointy end of that game and we would have just ground it out. We definitely missed Wallace and Norman should have been the custodian kicker in the final stages. As nice as it can be sometimes with many Bronx putting their hand up for the kicks: Towards the end of the game (especially the tight ones) We need the experience and skill of our Primary kicker. -Which HAS to be Norman and/or Wallace if he isn't injured. And they must kick for scrums and repeat sets that won't back fire like Maccas kick or that shocking grubber!...

I guess it raises the question when they both play: Who is going to step up to take control of it? This year is definitely the year to find out...

Last edited:

Latest posts