What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs Storm

Dragon David

First Grade
Love to see it front on looks to me he just rocked him when Pap turned crouched and wham in the back so did any arms do the damage. Why don't the Dragons ask for slow mo or they just accept as is.
As a lot of us Forum members have posted, why haven't our so called officials in the head office done anything about our treatment by the refs and NRL? Is there something that the NRL have on us that makes us not whimper at all? I am at a loss as to how we allow this shitty treatment to continue without even a slap or whimper of any sort - just no sir, yes sir, thank you sir, we are sorry sir.

thebigredv

First Grade
As a lot of us Forum members have posted, why haven't our so called officials in the head office done anything about our treatment by the refs and NRL? Is there something that the NRL have on us that makes us not whimper at all? I am at a loss as to how we allow this shitty treatment to continue without even a slap or whimper of any sort - just no sir, yes sir, thank you sir, we are sorry sir.

Agree. Some will call it wise as we have buckley's in the current climate of downgrades or successfully fighting but surely the coaching staff feel just as dudded and angry as we do at the inconsistencies. I mean, for starters, the hip drops would be a dime a dozen if they just went through some vision. Why not kick up a fuss and let them know we don't take it lying down, it may just get them second guessing about hammering on us.

We were all thankful for at least managing an honourable loss (albeit a thrashing on the scoreboard) and now the club lets us down again in my opinion. Weak.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Call me biased or blind red and white. I have watched the Fui hit 10 times over and his arm is always facing to the ground. The force may have been from Paps hitting Fui around the hips whilst falling which made it look all that more dramatic. His head seems to hit the ground with Fui body all over him this impounding his head into the ground. Fui never had a clenched fist. I’m saying all that why we didn’t fight the McGuire one and this one is baffling to me. JAC didn’t even have ice in him when I thought he received a season ending Injury

BLM01

First Grade
McGuire has one of the worst, if not the worst judiciary record of any current player. Last year, he decided to extend his grubbiness to a referee whom he called a f***in, merkin- and promptly got marched. He is a dinosaur who cannot change and Payten understood that by getting rid of him. Hook, to his discredit took the moneyball bait and here we are- a key forward down for five games.

While I agree that Rav's shoulder charge to the midriff looked like he was ;pulling out of it, and was not worthy of anything more than a fine and Kaufusi got away with a high shot, the fact remains we have four players suspended from the game and Pereira returning from a high shot that probably would have gotten him sent off yesterday if he'd played. Hook needs to fix this ill-discipline- and fast- or our season will be gone.
Was that McGuire or Fonua-Blake that abused the ref and was sent off for it.?

Ghostrider22

Juniors
I like yours thoughts Dragon Dave I think our front office is weak, not to rock the boat I wonder why to.

Harry Bath

Juniors
Agree. Some will call it wise as we have buckley's in the current climate of downgrades or successfully fighting but surely the coaching staff feel just as dudded and angry as we do at the inconsistencies. I mean, for starters, the hip drops would be a dime a dozen if they just went through some vision. Why not kick up a fuss and let them know we don't take it lying down, it may just get them second guessing about hammering on us.

We were all thankful for at least managing an honourable loss (albeit a thrashing on the scoreboard) and now the club lets us down again in my opinion. Weak.
That is exactly what Storm, Roosters and the smart clubs do whinge, whine, complain speak to their mates in the media!!! Dragons just sit there like the dam fools that they are

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All, like many I am angry at this situation. No particular order:

1. The grading of the tackles by the judiciary. Very strange and subjective. It wasn’t until 1 hour ago I actually saw Tuonpanuia tackle. Holy Moley very similar to the ESE ese player from Titans. Roosters chap gets a fine after reefing the other attacking player’s neck and head backwards and the poor sod’s back of head is slammed on the ground. Incomprehensible that it wasn’t a send off. Come on? Actually ESE ESE tackle was silly and Brian To o didn’t seem overly worried. It looked rough but basically fell off before any damage.
2. I’m OK with Fui getting a week or two for say grade 2. He was late but I agree with many posters here that viewing and reviewing there isn’t a swinging arm, closed fist etc. his right arm with flat hand comes down hard on Paps side of neck. It seems that the admitted late collision tangle has caused Paps to fall awkwardly face first. Looked like Fui was trying to smother ball and all.Very unfair grading ‘reckless’. Was this a reaction to Paps stature in the game?
3. Peter Vlandys is increasingly reminding me of ‘max’ the journalist in the movie ‘The Natural’. Check the scene where Max ( the big Journo) says ‘ they come and they go Hobbs they come and they go’. Hobbs says ‘ did you ever play ball Max? then Max says ‘ Can’t say I have, but I’m here to PROTECT this game and I make or break people like you’. Peter and lesser extent Annesley, I speculate have decided to double down and tell people ( Fans are now customers of the product by the way) that even the mild critics of decimating games and teams for many weeks is really for their own good.
Peter in his impassioned plea to save the game, directly noted the Paps injury as a bad look when an elite player of the game is KOed. Is it conspiracy theory to speculate this may have influenced the grading of Fui’s tackle? Some of the coaches are following the line and some a bit more vocal in concerns. In fairness to Craig Bellamy he didn’t hang Fui out to dry in his post match comments.
4. Rava should not have been charged with a shoulder charge but a shoulder RETREAT. Lol. Truly, he actually was going in to tackle Olam and went Whoops the opposition winger has got the ball and pulled away to chase as Olam simply brushed past him. A bit of fairness from the judiciary but no, it’s a shoulder chaaaaarge! Two weeks suspension and no soup for you.
5. It’s still legal to grab and attacker and then throw out a leg and face plant him ( or her) using a Cumberland throw. After a couple of years of basically ignoring ‘hip drop’ type tackles,they have judicially now hammered two of our players. Funny enough, every team uses side cannon balls and behind cannon balls to finish off tackles of smothered standing players. Good Grief go figure.Jack Whigthon was a bit unlucky that his leg tackle simply ended up a little awkward on the now momentous ‘magic’ round 2021 haha.
Anyway, life goes on. It’s only footy and not sheep stations.

Wittenberg

Juniors
They have lost it completely ..... Peter V. Has lost it completely ...... like I said before start a new Game new players that are built for this new type of game call it something else if they want but don't call it Rugby League .....
Peter V has got carried away. Has become a dictator who loves seeing his name in the paper. Protect the head yes, ruin the game no. Rava’s tackle was stupid but was low and certainly not dangerous but he is out for another two weeks. Scored three great tries but has to learn quickly about his technique…..if not we will be a man short a lot.

Illusion

Bench
Peter V has got carried away. Has become a dictator who loves seeing his name in the paper. Protect the head yes, ruin the game no. Rava’s tackle was stupid but was low and certainly not dangerous but he is out for another two weeks. Scored three great tries but has to learn quickly about his technique…..if not we will be a man short a lot.
Mate he is killing the game ..... the 6 again is becoming like touch ..... its easier defending on your line .....

blacksafake

First Grade
Hi All, like many I am angry at this situation. No particular order:

1. The grading of the tackles by the judiciary. Very strange and subjective. It wasn’t until 1 hour ago I actually saw Tuonpanuia tackle. Holy Moley very similar to the ESE ese player from Titans. Roosters chap gets a fine after reefing the other attacking player’s neck and head backwards and the poor sod’s back of head is slammed on the ground. Incomprehensible that it wasn’t a send off. Come on? Actually ESE ESE tackle was silly and Brian To o didn’t seem overly worried. It looked rough but basically fell off before any damage.
2. I’m OK with Fui getting a week or two for say grade 2. He was late but I agree with many posters here that viewing and reviewing there isn’t a swinging arm, closed fist etc. his right arm with flat hand comes down hard on Paps side of neck. It seems that the admitted late collision tangle has caused Paps to fall awkwardly face first. Looked like Fui was trying to smother ball and all.Very unfair grading ‘reckless’. Was this a reaction to Paps stature in the game?
3. Peter Vlandys is increasingly reminding me of ‘max’ the journalist in the movie ‘The Natural’. Check the scene where Max ( the big Journo) says ‘ they come and they go Hobbs they come and they go’. Hobbs says ‘ did you ever play ball Max? then Max says ‘ Can’t say I have, but I’m here to PROTECT this game and I make or break people like you’. Peter and lesser extent Annesley, I speculate have decided to double down and tell people ( Fans are now customers of the product by the way) that even the mild critics of decimating games and teams for many weeks is really for their own good.
Peter in his impassioned plea to save the game, directly noted the Paps injury as a bad look when an elite player of the game is KOed. Is it conspiracy theory to speculate this may have influenced the grading of Fui’s tackle? Some of the coaches are following the line and some a bit more vocal in concerns. In fairness to Craig Bellamy he didn’t hang Fui out to dry in his post match comments.
4. Rava should not have been charged with a shoulder charge but a shoulder RETREAT. Lol. Truly, he actually was going in to tackle Olam and went Whoops the opposition winger has got the ball and pulled away to chase as Olam simply brushed past him. A bit of fairness from the judiciary but no, it’s a shoulder chaaaaarge! Two weeks suspension and no soup for you.
5. It’s still legal to grab and attacker and then throw out a leg and face plant him ( or her) using a Cumberland throw. After a couple of years of basically ignoring ‘hip drop’ type tackles,they have judicially now hammered two of our players. Funny enough, every team uses side cannon balls and behind cannon balls to finish off tackles of smothered standing players. Good Grief go figure.Jack Whigthon was a bit unlucky that his leg tackle simply ended up a little awkward on the now momentous ‘magic’ round 2021 haha.
Anyway, life goes on. It’s only footy and not sheep stations.
The Natural, A great movie

kit66

Bench
That wasn't the "Magic Round", it was the "Tragic Round" for the Mighty Dragons.

Our luck will change for the better - one day!

On a lighter note, your comment reminds me - back in the early 80's my mate, also a huge Dragon's fan, had a shit brown Cortina station wagon that was always playing up, breaking down and vibrating like crazy if he hit about 85kph ( even with a wheel balance ). We christened it Puff the Tragic Wagon.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Amone to start at Centre, Burns to back row, Ford to lock, Faamausili starting & Vaughan to the bench.

Game on! Go you mighty Dragons!

thebigredv

First Grade
Not so much about who is on the field for this one, but how many. Frikin nervous anytime a tackle goes high.

Latest posts